2009 ITA National Team, Singles, and Doubles Rankings - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 6th, 2009, 06:42 PM   #1
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold
2009 ITA National Team, Singles, and Doubles Rankings

The first set of rankings for Team, Singles, and Doubles are up:

http://www.itatennis.com/AwardsAndRa...809D1Women.htm
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 6th, 2009, 10:53 PM   #2
country flag jlk561

jlk561 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2009 ITA National Team, Singles, and Doubles Rankings

ND is looking pretty good in the rankings with 2 of the top 3 doubles spots and 3 in the top 46 in singles. Look for a good year out of the Irish!
jlk561 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 11:59 PM   #3
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

IMHO 2 teams that should have been ranked in the top 40 are Princeton and Cal Poly.

Last edited by gouci : Jan 7th, 2009 at 12:40 AM.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 01:12 AM   #4
country flag form

form has disabled reputation

form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 03:24 PM   #5
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

What's so funny? Cal Poly's Maria Malec ranked #120 nationally?
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 03:39 PM   #6
country flag form

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
What's so funny? Cal Poly's Maria Malec ranked #120 nationally?
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 03:52 PM   #7
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

The first ranking of the season is never a good indicator...in the next couple of rankings you will see girls shoot up and down the rankings.

Don't forget that team rankings are based on ballot and won't switch to computer until March.

More so that last year, the playing field is very even for the top teams. The top 18 teams all have very solid No. 1s and 2s. Even more emphasis (the ability to pull out the dual match win) will rest on the No. 3. and No. 4 players. Out of the top 10 teams, I would argue that Florida has the weakest 3/4 players.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 04:04 PM   #8
country flag form

UCLA is over ranked based on fallr results and how can Pepp still be top 30 or even top 50 given their current roster? Pepp only has four scholarship players.
Remember, the first ranking those voting are not allowed to factor in anyone who would be a January arrival.

Hardly anybody moves up or down more than 3 spots with no real consideration for who has graduated... these early polls are a mess.

The real problem with them is that the last 'poll' in February is what is used to then create values for the first rankings. Thus certain schools and conferences remain over ranked the rest of the year... by the time the computer kicks in most are into league play only... so they won't drop much more as they only play each other.
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 05:16 PM   #9
country flag gouci

Quote:
Originally Posted by form View Post
... how can Pepp still be top 30 or even top 50 given their current roster? Pepp only has four scholarship players.
You saw my post! Did you stop reading the post after the sentence with Dallara?

Pepperdine just picked up Ali Walters from UCLA! The 'Dine now has 5 starters we know about.

I was trying to find out if Julia Hansen from Germany was headed to Pepperdine this January but instead I surprisingly learned Walters has transferred to Pepperdine.

Last edited by gouci : Jan 7th, 2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 05:23 PM   #10
country flag form

Did YOU read my post and the ITA rules..... January transfers and January frosh arrivals are NOT allowed to be included in the first rankings.

It's right on the submission sheet.

So how do you rank a team... any team... with four players?

Walters can NOT be counted.... cause she wasn't there in the fall.
Old Jan 18th, 2009, 06:07 AM   #11
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

ROLL ON YOU BEARS!!
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote