Aga Radwańska Cheering Thread! - vol 2 - Page 84 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 6th, 2012, 02:47 PM   #1246
country flag SwingVolley93

SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Aga Radwańska Cheering Thread! - vol 2

Happy happy birthday!!
SwingVolley93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 6th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #1247
country flag Irute

Irute has much to be proud of Irute has much to be proud of Irute has much to be proud of Irute has much to be proud of Irute has much to be proud of Irute has much to be proud of Irute has much to be proud of Irute has much to be proud of Irute has much to be proud of Irute has much to be proud of Irute has much to be proud of

Happy Birthday
Irute is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #1248
country flag Losing Streak
Only Pova that matters~

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Happy birthday Aga!

Kichenoks Sasnovich Kremen Pervak Kovinic Bencic Vekic Diyas Bellis Svitolina Cirstea Mladenovic Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #1249
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Happy birthday, Aga!
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2012, 12:36 AM   #1250
country flag jomamoto

jomamoto is just really nice jomamoto is just really nice jomamoto is just really nice jomamoto is just really nice jomamoto is just really nice jomamoto is just really nice jomamoto is just really nice jomamoto is just really nice jomamoto is just really nice jomamoto is just really nice jomamoto is just really nice

Let Your demands will be biger than biggest bags.
jomamoto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2012, 01:17 AM   #1251
country flag Chakvenus

Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future

Happy birthday, Aga!
Old Apr 5th, 2012, 06:16 AM   #1252
country flag Malva

Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute

Not knowing where to put this February 16 aricle, I place it here...

Quote:
Agnieszka Radwanska: The fan favourite

Agnieszka Radwanska may be No 6 in the world, but she is in pole position when it comes to winning hearts with her dazzling smile and easy persona

By Jaydip Sengupta, Deputy Editor-Sports
Published: February 16, 2012

Besides the tennis, Agnieszka Radwanska also enjoys posing for the camera

Image Credit: Gulf News archives
Besides the tennis, Agnieszka Radwanska also enjoys posing for the camera.

Dubai: The smile hardly leaves her face, maybe only when she is on court, trying to out-think her opponents. She kind of reminds you of Martina Hingis, her groundstrokes a lot less brutal than most other women on tour. But she makes intelligent use of the court, as evidenced by her rise to world No. 6 in the rankings. A fan favourite wherever she goes, the significance of the WTA Fan Favourite Singles Player of the Year award is not lost on Polish No 1 Agnieszka Radwanska.

Talking to XPRESS exclusively ahead of the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championship that begins at The Aviation Club tennis stadium on February 20, the 2010 semi-finalist says that such awards are as important as winning titles. "It was one of the nicest things last year. I didn't know about this thing, while people kept sending me congratulatory messages, I only found out on the internet that I won this competition. I am very happy to win something like this."

Regular to Dubai

The elder of the Radwanska sisters is no stranger to Dubai, having been a regular here and she reveals why she likes to come back again and again. "It has always been a great tournament. It has a very strong draw, so you always end up playing against the top players. It's a lot of fun, the organisers are very caring about the players. There are great hotels and great facilities and it's fun to be here," she said.

Radwanska had her best year in 2011, winning big tournaments in Beijing and Tokyo. So, does she believe her game is finally where she can make that big push to the top?

"Of course, I mean winning those big tournaments always gives you a lot of confidence, especially playing matches against top players, and not easy matches. For sure I had a great end season. I hope to keep it going this year, hope to play the same good tennis," she said.

The 22-year-old has been consistent at the Grand Slams, reaching five quarter-finals and she hopes to go better this year.

"It was always very close. It's hard to say what's not working at the quarters.

"I've had good and tough matches playing top-10 players at that stage. For sure, I'm going to fight for semis and finals and we'll see," she said.

Having already reached a career-high No 6 early on, she also hopes to feature again at the year-end WTA Championship.

"I am very happy to reach a career-high at the start of the year. It's just the beginning, there's the whole season left to play. This year we have the Olympics and a lot of big tournaments. My goal is not one or two tournaments. I would like to play the championship again," she said.
http://gulfnews.com/polopoly_fs/besi...1917392282.jpg
Malva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2012, 06:28 AM   #1253
country flag Malva

Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute

Mike Milazzo in Tennis Examiner, April 4, 2012

Quote:
Radwanska is gently climbing tennis rankings

Mike Milazzo
Tennis Examiner

Agnieszka Radwanska is rising in women’s tennis in a quiet and calculating way, much like her style of play. The fourth ranked Radwanska of Poland recently won the Sony Ericsson Open her ninth career title and fourth since last summer.

In total contrast to number one Victoria Azarenka, Radwanska wins in a low decibel manner consisting of well-placed shots and stubborn defense. As seen in her win over Maria Sharapova in the Sony Ericsson, Radwanska is comfortable just keeping the rallies going until her opponent makes an error.

"She hit a lot of good balls on the run, and they were deep," Sharapova said. "She didn't just bring them back; she had something on them. Then the few errors on important points that I made, I thought maybe I shouldn't have gone for the line so much, and aimed a little bit closer to the middle."

This style is similar to often criticized former number one Caroline Wozniacki, but Radwanska’s game is more thought out and not just reacting. There is also much more inventiveness in the Pole’s manner of play using a variety of drop shots and lobs.

A good rivalry between Radwanska and Azarenka could be brewing. But so far Radwanska has not had success against the number one. She's 0-4 in 2012 against the top-ranked Azarenka and 26-0 against everyone else.

Joining the chorus of others, Radwanska has voiced complaints about Azarenka’s grunting and in a tournament in Doha, Azarenka injured her ankle but beat Radwanska in the semifinals, and then captured the title.

Radwanska stated that Azarenka was playing more hurt than she was, taking into fact that Azarenka won in straight sets and then won the finals over Samantha Stosur. Azarenka did withdraw from the tournament in Dubai the following week.

“I actually never had a problem with her,” Azarenka said. “As I said before, she's the same player. She's a great player, great girl, so nothing there is to discuss.”

To compensate not having the big shots like the other top 10 players, Radwanska is one of the craftiest players on tour, and has been compared to former No. 1 Martina Hingis.

Radwanska is very similar to Hingis, a five-time Grand Slam winner, but the success of the Swiss champion was in a time when players were not such hard ball strikers.

"Of course I'm going to work hard to try to win a major, if not this year, maybe next year," Radwanska said.

Jo Durie, a former world No. 5 and now an analyst with Eurosport, said in an interview, "Realistically, yes, I think she could win a Slam."

Mike Milazzo, Tennis Examiner

Mike Milazzo has been observing and playing tennis for over thirty years. During that time Mike has seen the equipment, players and game itself evolve to the sport it is today. Mike is active in several USTA leagues and is a frequent visitor to tennis tournaments. Contact Mike with your comments...
http://www.examiner.com/tennis-in-na...ennis-rankings
Old Apr 5th, 2012, 06:33 AM   #1254
country flag Malva

Hingis diplomatically praises Agnieszka in a just-in interview at tennis.com

Quote:
Do you think, as many people do, that Agnieszka Radwanska is the top player whose game most resembles yours?

She doesn’t have the same power as some of the other players, but she makes up for it with touch and strategy. I think it is difficult to say she plays like me, as every player is a bit unique.
Old Apr 5th, 2012, 06:46 AM   #1255
country flag Malva

Matt Cronin [the TF engine doesn't allow to mention the source: use google to find it if you wish]

Quote:
RADWANSKA, SHARAPOVA CAN BOTH WIN FRENCH

Agnieszka Radwanska says that she was born with some type of instinct that allows her to play thinking women’s brand of tennis, one that is creative and flexible. No one is born is a certain type of tennis style, at least that’s what most social studies instruct is about how so called talented people pick up sports skills.

So really, some credit must be given to her intense father Robert, whom she gave the boot to last summer as her traveling coach, but whom she still uses at home and on the phone. She is a more independent woman now at 23, full of a soft-spoken bravado and seemingly ready to take on all challenges.

After somewhat shocking Maria Sharapova in the Miami final, she has now won five WTA Priemer titles in the past eight months and has risen to No. 4 in the world. She is close to No. 3 and outside of her losses to Victoria Azarenka this season, she has looked very close to being the world’s No. 2 player, right next to Sharapova, who has had a very good, but not great season.

It is now high time for her to make breakthrough at Slam. Just image say, if Azarenka got hurt, could not compete through Wimbledon, and Radwanska won Rome, Madrid and reached the semis of Roland Garros and Wimbledon and gained No. 1? What would the tennis world think then, that a woman who (hypothetically as she has even yet reached a Slam semi) did not reach her first Slam final four until 2012 Roland Garros is actually deserving of the top spot? I shudder at the thought of trying to defend how and why that occurred.

Radwanska is not a tall person with strong upper body, but she is terrific mover with ample power off the ground and good first serve. There is no reason why she cannot counterpunch, and even punch, herself to a Slam title at the French Open. There is currently no obvious favorite on clay amongst the women. Francesca Schiavone has really faded, Li Na is way too up and down and while Samantha Stosur has the capability of winning the title, but she has not had a good start to the year and has to work of rebuilding her confidence. And of Azarenka, who has only lost one match this year: she has never had great clay court results and must prove herself on the surface. So at the every least give Radwanska a very good chance to triumph.

I would also give Sharapova a chance at winning her first French crown too (who would have thought that when she first began her career?), as she has been very consistent this year and has been close to playing at the top of her game on many occasions. She is without question a frustrating player to watch at times because when she is off she does not commit to playing enough defense. Yes, on most days she can hit herself out of trouble but on some days, like against Radwanska on Saturday, she cannot. She is also not thinking hard enough on court when she is getting frustrated and should have picked up on a few of Radwanska’s tendencies, like her love of going to right-handers forehand with her first serve.

Anyone who thinks that just because Sharapova gives gracious runners-up speeches that she is pleased with losing three finals this year without winning a set does not know her at all. That’s her public mask, not her private face and she knew she let go of a big opportunity go on Saturday. She is entered in Stuttgart at the end of April and it will be very interesting to see if she actually plays, or just goes and does the Madrid-Rome swing. If she can continue to commit to her swing volley and moving forward, as well as trusting her legs on defense, she’ll be quite formidable on dirt because even though she’s banger, her point construction has improved a ton. She appears to be way overdue to win her fourth Slam, but all the WTA’s Young Big 4 (Azarenka, Radwanska, Kvitova and Wozniacki) have room to improve so the time is upon her to do so.
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 08:36 PM   #1256
country flag fede33

fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of

Aga will play doubles at the Olympic Games?
Your ranking does not reach and it does not seem worried
may only play mixed doubles with Matkowski or Fyrstenberg

said something about it recently?

Forever: Hingis|Davenport|Henin|Dementieva|Safina
fede33 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 08:44 PM   #1257
country flag Caipirinha Guy

Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute

You can use singles ranking to enter doubles on Olympics.
Caipirinha Guy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 10:08 PM   #1258
country flag Cinek

Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future

Aga will play in singles and in doubles with Ula and maybe in mixed doubles with Kubot (if their rank will be enough to be IN)

Like us on Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter
Also in Tumblr
Cinek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 10:11 PM   #1259
country flag Caipirinha Guy

Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Kubot needs approximetely top30 in singles to get IN.
Caipirinha Guy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 04:59 AM   #1260
country flag Aryman3

Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future

Next week Aga will stay no.3 in official WTA rankings
She's already on third position in TBE's daily rankings
Congratulations and keep going Agnieszka
The sky is the limit
Aryman3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote