S2 Week 23, US Open, USA, GS - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 15th, 2008, 12:37 AM   #76
country flag ArturoAce.
Chip 'n Charge

ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: S2 Week 23, US Open, USA, GS

Great Job Jill!
...we made it past the 1st round

ArturoAce. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 15th, 2008, 12:38 AM   #77
country flag ArturoAce.
Chip 'n Charge

ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute

COngrats Rena!

ArturoAce. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2008, 12:59 AM   #78
country flag Fretchap

Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future

Serena Article coming up tonight, or tommorow after school I'm so glad, that's even more than what I have to defend in the next four weeks I think, number spot is secured for the next weeks
Old Sep 15th, 2008, 01:00 AM   #79
country flag Daniela-Is-Mine
Welcome to the Tragic Kingdom

Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute

Ree

Finally

Agnieska, Magdalena, Kate
Jelena, Ana, Stefanie, Andrea H, Angelique, Klara, Caroline
Retired: Justine, ElenaD, Camille, Ai, Zuzana, Martina, Agnes, Alona, Kim, Marion, Iveta
Daniela-Is-Mine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2008, 10:08 PM   #80
country flag Fretchap

Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future

Serena's first GS triumph

After struggling on big stages since the beginning of her career, Serena Williams faced her demons in Fulshing Meadows, proving her world number 1 spot was well deserved. Serena had won Tier I titles in season 1 of the OWTT, but since the beginning of the second season, all of her four titles were Tier IIs so people started questionning if she really was the best in the world, but after this marvelous week, there's no more doubt: She is the best.

Serena Williams had to overcome a third set tie breaker in first round, she had to beat Gisela, whom she had always difficulties to prevent against in their previous meetings. The draw then opened up a bit with Monica Seles and Patty Schnyder to finally face the world number 4, Alize Cornet in final. The two finalists never really liked each other and had some really big fights in the past, particularly in last season's Wimbledon tournament.

The final was weird, starting with two bagles, Serena was really loud in the first set, screaming after each point she would win but things turned around in the second set. Cornet lifted her game up and Serena got negative and made a lot of mistakes, she looked like she was melting down under the pressure.

The Queen of the tour then had a bathroom break to change her clothes, she came back on court and seemed more relaxed. Both girls found a way to show some of their best tennis, going to 2-2 and 3-2 for Serena and then the crucial game of the match came. Alize was facing break point and went to the net and as promised, Serena made an increbidle passing shot right down the Frenchie's nose. Serena broke and screamed a loud "Come On!", and Alize then shouted an heavy "Allez!". People seemed mixed up a bit, but Alizé was touching her nose and couldn't believe how beautiful it now was.

Things then kept on going with no more break, Serena overpowered Alizé on the last points of the match, she was hitting harder and harder and Alizé seemed discouraged as Ree was making no unforced errors and making her run as much as she never had before. After Ree won her MP she threw her racket in the air and started jumping sooo high, she had won her first Grand Slam and secured her numbe 1 spot for some more weeks.

Serena said in interview, "I can't believe it. I really was playing awesome out there except the second set. I'm so glad I've done it in front of my fans. Sorry Alizé, but you just ain't my level yet and won't ever be, but you can keep dreaming." The crowd then laughed and Alize went away running in tears, get a sense of humour baby girl.
Old Sep 15th, 2008, 10:23 PM   #81
country flag Geisha

Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute

"Oh my, Serena has no class".

- Monica.
Old Sep 15th, 2008, 10:27 PM   #82
country flag Fretchap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geisha View Post
"Oh my, Serena has no class".

- Monica.
"Serena is number 1, GS Champion, The most titled player on Tour and Monica is nothing."

- Serena
Old Sep 15th, 2008, 10:53 PM   #83

Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fretchap View Post
"Serena is number 1, GS Champion, The most titled player on Tour and Monica is nothing."

- Serena
Why is she talking in the third person??

Is she Bob dole

Retired: Justine, ElenaD, Camille, Ai, Zuzana, Martina, Agnes, Alona, Kim, Marion, Iveta
Old Sep 15th, 2008, 10:55 PM   #84
country flag Fretchap

I just thnk it sounds cool to make her talk at the third person, it looks like she's the most important person
Old Sep 15th, 2008, 10:57 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fretchap View Post
I just thnk it sounds cool to make her talk at the third person, it looks like she's the most important person
"Daniela agrees"

Daniela Hantuchova

Old Sep 16th, 2008, 02:44 AM   #86
country flag champion88

champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute

Serena!! Great article

With your 75% USO bonus you will surely be #1 until next season at least!!
champion88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2008, 02:53 PM   #87
country flag Sean.
Look who's back!

Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute

Cornet promises to step up commitment

French #1 Alize Cornet today apologised to the Tour Director for her lack of commitment over the past few weeks, pledging that for the rest of the year she would get her priorities right and be a major force on the tour once again.

"I had an amazing start to the season this year taking a few titles including the Australian Open, and was definitely the hottest player on tour. Unfortunately in the Asian hard court stint I picked up an ankle injury from playing so much and had a very bad time of it. Things started to look up again in the clay season where I had some strong results in Berlin and Rome. I was really looking forward to Roland Garros after that - I had loved playing in Paris [Indoors] in front of the home crowd - and really thought I had a good shot at the title. Unfortunately it wasn't to be and my game just didn't turn up. This was a huge disappointment for me and had a knock on effect in Wimbledon and most of the US Hard court season."

"However I had a good result in New Haven and this gave me a bit of confidence coming in here. I knew I had a lot of points to defend and this really focussed me on what I had to do. I think I played myself into the tournament, I had a tough 1st round again Amelie but fighting through that helped me a lot. Unfortunately I couldn't quite go all the way and I am bridesmaid again. I don't mind though, I am more than happy to get this far. I think it hurt much more last year for some reason. Serena is a deserving winner and a deserving #1. That doesn't mean I think she is a better player, I aim to get back up to my best and challenge for the #1 spot. I don't have a lot of points to defend at all in the coming weeks so I think I am almost certain to qualify for the Year End Championships."

"My goals for the rest of the season are to get as close to #1 as possible, hopefully winning another title along the way. Then next season I am looking to become the 1st person to defend a grand slam in OWTT. One thing you can be sure of is that now i'm giving 100% to my tennis

Vera Zvonareva * Ana Ivanović * Li Na * Laura Robson ......
Sean. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2008, 03:07 PM   #88
country flag champion88

champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute

Alize
champion88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote