S2 Week 23, US Open, USA, GS - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 14th, 2008, 09:51 PM   #61
country flag champion88

champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: S2 Week 23, US Open, USA, GS

US Open QF

(2) Safina def. (7) Olaru
6-2 6-3
champion88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 14th, 2008, 09:51 PM   #62
country flag champion88

champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute

Semis

(1) S.Williams Vs. Schnyder

(4) Cornet Vs. (2) Safina
Old Sep 14th, 2008, 09:52 PM   #63
country flag champion88

Seeds 1, 2 & 4 in semis, and Schnyder who took out #3 Hantuchova.

Good line-up
Old Sep 14th, 2008, 09:52 PM   #64
country flag Fretchap

Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future

Wow at having 3 of the 4 top seeds in SFs ina GS it must be one of the first times?
Old Sep 14th, 2008, 10:05 PM   #65
country flag champion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fretchap View Post
Wow at having 3 of the 4 top seeds in SFs ina GS it must be one of the first times?
I'm sure the first time. The top players have struggled in the past
Old Sep 14th, 2008, 10:15 PM   #66
country flag Fretchap

Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future

Serenaliciously well done

Serena Williams has already had opportunites of getting to a Grand Slam final in the past two seasons, but has never made her dream came true. This week she is as determinated as she has never been, after a lot of struggles who brought her to the US Open, Serena William has decided to change things in her game and come up with something new in front of her home crowd. the American women has loads of pressure on her shoulder as she's number 1 and will have to defend tons of points over the next four weeks to keep this spot.

In first round she faced the Spaniard and qualifer, Maria Sanchez Lorenzo, so we thought Serena would simply steamroll her, but she didn't. Was it cause of injuries, cause of a lack of fitness, cause she aws in a bad day? We don't know but it looked like it was cause of the three as she was palying some terrible tennis. Serena still got through it 6-1 2-6 7-6(4), Ree said after the match, "She must have felt like in a dream, the world number one almost offered her the biggest upset of her carreer, I was playing awful, I'm glad I pulled it off, I would be ashamed to lose to such a bad player."

Second round was against Gisela Dulko, an opponent Serena had always struggled against in the past, but not this time. The Queen of the Tour prevailed 6-1 0-6 6-3 and said about the match, "It was quite weird. I respect Gise's game but I know I should be able to win my matches against her I went out there really focused but lost my concentration in the second set, things were going too well I guess. I still regrouped quickly in the third set and I'm proud of it, this wins really gives me a confidence boost, it was a match I was fearing a bit."

Her QF match was against the surprising(ly old) Monica Seles, Serena ass whooped her 6-1 1-6 6-1, Serena totally the tanked the second set, seems like she jsut wanted to give the crowd a longer match. The best player in the world said afterwards, "I can't believe she made it to the QFs! She's so bad, she's so old, go back to retirement, she can't run and doesn't have what it needs to counter the power the top players have. It realy was my easiest match of the tournament, Patty should be real tough next."
Old Sep 14th, 2008, 10:15 PM   #67
country flag champion88

US Open SF

Set 1

1-0 S.Williams
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
2-0
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
3-0
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
4-0
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
5-0
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
5-1
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
6-1

Set 2

1-0 Schnyder
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
2-0
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
3-0
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
3-1
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
3-2*
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
4-2
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
5-2
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
6-2

Set 3

1-0 Schnyder
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
1-1
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
2-1 Schnyder
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
2-2
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
3-2 S.Williams
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
4-2
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
4-3
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
4-4
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
5-4 Schnyder
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
5-5
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
6-5 S.Williams
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
7-5

(1) S.Williams def. Schnyder
6-1 2-6 7-5

What a great match between these two! Serena's power shone through in the first set, whilst Schnyder's variation frustrated Serena in the second set. The third set was a tense affair, with Serena getting the early break, before Schnyder hit back to lead 5-4. However, Serena was not prepared to lose at her home Slam and really dug deep, winning the next 3 games to book her spot in the final. Schnyder should be proud of how she has played, and with her 50% US Series Race bonus, goes away with 375 points
Old Sep 14th, 2008, 10:24 PM   #68
country flag champion88

US Open SF

Set 1

1-0 Safina
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
2-0
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
3-0
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
4-0
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
4-1
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
4-2
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
4-3
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
4-4
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
5-4 Cornet
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
6-4

Set 2

1-0 Safina
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
2-0
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
3-0
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
4-0
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
4-1
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
5-1
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
5-2
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
5-3
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
6-3

Set 3

1-0 Cornet
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
2-0
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
3-0
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
3-1
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
3-2
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
3-3
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
4-3 Safina
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
4-4
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
5-4 Cornet
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
6-4

(4) Cornet def. (2) Safina
6-4 3-6 6-4

Another awesome semi here in New York! This match was full of momentum swings. Safina will be livid that she didn't close out the first set from 4-0 up, but all credit to Cornet for fighting back and being just that little bit stronger in the end. Safina fails in her bid to make her third straight Slam final, but is still playing awesome tennis. Aussie Open champ Cornet advances to the final to take on #1 seed Serena Williams

Last edited by champion88 : Sep 14th, 2008 at 11:28 PM.
Old Sep 14th, 2008, 10:56 PM   #69
country flag Fretchap

This final will be a straight set affair IMO. Ree
Old Sep 14th, 2008, 10:56 PM   #70
country flag Droolv
*shy

Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute

Ah well lost to a finalist Congrats Alize

Lucie
Droolv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2008, 10:56 PM   #71
country flag Fretchap

Reena's first GS final Might look surprising as she is number 1.
Old Sep 14th, 2008, 10:57 PM   #72
country flag champion88

Will do final tomorrow when I wake up

Unless I get a juicy article that could persuade me to do tonight
Old Sep 14th, 2008, 11:14 PM   #73
country flag Fretchap

Serena rolls over Ugly Patty : Ugly Ali as opponent in final!

Serena Williams will try to prove the world she totally deserves her number 1 spot in this last GS of the year, in front of her home crowd. In semi-final she was taking over Patty Schnyder, from Switzerland, before stepping on court Serena said, "Her angles and top spin shots are gonna be a tough challenge, but the real challenge will be to look straight to her head and stay focus. Have you ever seen such an awful hairdo?!?"

Serena then stepped on court really determinated to win this match. She showed that Ugly Patty wasn't intimitading her right off the beginning, winning the first set in 21 minutes, 6-1, but gave up the second one in 31 minutes 2-6. The the real action started in the final set, Serena got up to her 4-2 lead, on serve and was borken on a weird point. While Ree was serving, it seems like a bird came out of Patty's hair, look like a bird was hiding in her hair since the beginning of the match, ready to disturb Ree at a critical moment of the match.

Ree complained to the umpire that a bird really came out, but the umpire said she wasn't a fool and some other stupid stuff, how can you deny the world's number sayings? Serena was totally furious and after insulting the chair umpire went back to her chair. Then some suspiscious calls were made in the next game and Serena got out of herself after losing a second straight game to make it 4-4 and said to the referee she was a "Fuck*ng bitch" and got a game penalty for it. She surpringly stayed cool, after breaking her racket on the field, and went back to her chair. SHe then hit 12 winners in a row to win the final set 7-5. Patty didn't shake Reena's hand and kicked her water bottle and went away running.

In final Serena will face Alizé Cornet and said about the upcoming match, "Let's face the truth, she has had better results than me in big tournaments, but looking at talent only, I'm twice as good as her. Of what I heard she didn't had any surgery for her nose since she was born, it's a bit sad, she could have beautiful face, but with this Micheal Jackson nose she looks totally stupid. I'll try to correct this with a winner passing shot at the net. Wouldn't it be nice?"
Old Sep 14th, 2008, 11:22 PM   #74
country flag champion88

Serena
Old Sep 14th, 2008, 11:36 PM   #75
country flag champion88

US Open Final

Set 1

1-0 S.Williams
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
2-0
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
3-0
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
4-0
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
5-0
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
6-0

Set 2

1-0 Cornet
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
2-0
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
3-0
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
4-0
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
5-0
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
6-0

Set 3

1-0 Cornet
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
1-1
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
2-1 Cornet
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
2-2
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
3-2 S.Williams
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
4-2
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
5-2
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
5-3
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
6-3

(1) S.Williams def. (4) Cornet
6-0 0-6 6-3

Congratulations to #1 Serena Williams on claimng her 5th title of the season, 8th overall in OWTT and her first Grand Slam title. Serena makes it 8 out of 8 new Slam champions!She had underperformed at the Slams previously, but was on fire here in New York, spurred on by the American crowd. Cornet was runner-up here last year, but couldn't stick with Serena in the end, and has to settle for runner-up once more, but still an amazing tournament for her. Together with her US Open Series bonus, Serena walks away from New York with 1225 points which is great for her as she has 3 tournaments to defend in the coming weeks.