Alicia Molik Retires From Tennis - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 10th, 2008, 09:34 PM   #1
country flag tennisIlove09

tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute
Alicia Molik Retires From Tennis

has this been posted?

Alicia Molik retires from tennis

6:36a.m. 5th September 2008

Australia's former world top 10 tennis player Alicia Molik has retired from the sport following a long battle with a debilitating inner ear virus and a more recent string of injuries.
The 27-year-old had looked on track to be a genuine singles contender at grand slams when she reached the quarter-finals of the 2005 Australian Open.
But the Olympic bronze medallist was never able to recapture the form that saw her world ranking peak at No.8 in early 2005 as she was physically unable to stand up without fear of over-balancing due to the effects of the inner ear virus.
In more recent times, the popular South Australian has been plagued by leg and arm injuries and said the decision to quit the sport wasn't such a hard one.
"It's tiring and it's very draining but I guess it's a number of things culminating," she told Fairfax newspapers.
"I've spent a lot of time thinking. I did have a huge setback three years ago, with my middle ear problem.
"It took a while to get back and since then I've just struggled with a few more things that I never imagined would come along the way.
"But that isn't the only thing.
"I think I'm still young enough to focus my energies on something that I feel is again challenging."
The charismatic player won five WTA singles titles and seven in doubles including the French and Australian Opens during her career.
The Athens bronze medallist said that reaching the recent Beijing Olympics had been a major goal for her.
But unfortunately she bowed out in the opening round 6-1 6-1 to lowly-ranked Spaniard Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez.
© AAP
  • Bookmark and share this page
    • Move-over "Email and share" and send this page to friends or the wider community.
    • Click on "Email and share" to see the full list of sharing options.
    For more information

tennisIlove09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 10th, 2008, 10:13 PM   #2
country flag brayster87

brayster87 has much to be proud of brayster87 has much to be proud of brayster87 has much to be proud of brayster87 has much to be proud of brayster87 has much to be proud of brayster87 has much to be proud of brayster87 has much to be proud of brayster87 has much to be proud of brayster87 has much to be proud of brayster87 has much to be proud of brayster87 has much to be proud of
Re: Alicia Molik Retires From Tennis

Not another thread about Molik's retirement This is the 22432th thread about her....geez move on

KIM CLIJSTERS
The Belgian is back with vengeance
- + - + - + - + - + - + - + - +
2005 & 2009 US OPEN CHAMPION
brayster87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2008, 10:29 PM   #3
country flag cellophane

cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alicia Molik Retires From Tennis

You are 3 months late on this as usual

"I wish I were as aggressive and serious as those floors too!!" - GOAT Cynthia Zimmerman
cellophane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote