Anybody missing Passions? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 9th, 2008, 08:39 PM   #1
country flag prima donna

prima donna has much to be proud of prima donna has much to be proud of prima donna has much to be proud of prima donna has much to be proud of prima donna has much to be proud of prima donna has much to be proud of prima donna has much to be proud of prima donna has much to be proud of prima donna has much to be proud of prima donna has much to be proud of prima donna has much to be proud of
Anybody missing Passions?

I am
...well, the old ones the new episodes were

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1C2Q...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2OdA...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=502oR...eature=related

Last edited by prima donna : Sep 9th, 2008 at 08:47 PM.
prima donna is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 9th, 2008, 09:07 PM   #2
jbone_0307

jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of
Re: Anybody missing Passions?

OMG ME TOO!!!!! I miss the Beth, Marty, Sheridan plot, when she kidnapped her and put her in the pit I love that show!!
jbone_0307 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2008, 09:21 PM   #3
country flag Rocketta
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!

Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute

No, not at all. I miss Another World though.
Rocketta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2008, 10:35 PM   #4
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation

Nope!! Happy TRASSIONS is DEAD and to think it replaced Another World

Still upset with P&G
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2008, 10:46 PM   #5
country flag Rocketta

Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute

You and me both Infinity and I'm mad at Soapnet for getting my hopes up that I would get to watch Another World again and then pulling it off the air.
Old Sep 10th, 2008, 03:23 PM   #6
country flag Wannabeknowitall

Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute

I think two older people in here, Infiniti and Rocketta, are being a bit selfish.

The younger generation needed, my generation needed our own soap.
We wanted to start off knowing everything that soap had to offer.
We know there's always going to be secrets but we needed that.

The night soaps were starting to go down the drain in the late 90s, 90210 and Melrose Place.

We absolutely had nothing.
And I'm sorry that you lost Another World for us but GET THE FUCK OVER IT.
It's been almost a decade now.

No matter how much you diss Passions, it will always have a special place in my heart.
I watched the first episode. I watched the last.

I watched how Teresa Lopez Fitzgerald could never let go of Ethan for 9 years and her persistence paid off.
I watched Tabitha Lennox turn from a bad evil witch to a good witch.
I watched every black person have sex with their relative. Ok I might have had a problem with that.

I watched Charles Divins (Chad) become a good actor, from Kimberley Locke's music video 8th world wonder to Passions to Half & Half.
And it didn't help that he was fine as all hell.

They were the ones who made supernatural things on soaps cool.
They were the ones who actually approached looking at the Black DL lifestyle.
I love Passions so much I even considered switching to DirectTV.

So yes this summer it got to a point where even I couldn't defend it but there were some things that will continue to go on other soaps out there that remind me of Passions.

Maybe that's why Another World fans are so bitter, nothing with Amother World actually lived on.
Not my fault, that's why it probably got cancelled in the first place.

Black presidents of the US=1
Black head coaches in the SEC=0
Something needs to change.
Wannabeknowitall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2008, 03:27 PM   #7

Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbone_0307 View Post
OMG ME TOO!!!!! I miss the Beth, Marty, Sheridan plot, when she kidnapped her and put her in the pit I love that show!!
I loved Beth. I love that plot especially with the orangutan and Beth supposedly turning lesbian just to be able to make the plot work.

Old Sep 10th, 2008, 03:29 PM   #8
Veelieve!!!

Older people? I know I am not more than twice your age, so I'll laugh this one off
Old Sep 10th, 2008, 03:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti2001 View Post
Older people? I know I am not more than twice your age, so I'll laugh this one off
It's old enough to not know where my generation of soap fans are in regards to Passions.
Is it that hard to admit that you're a bit out of touch with us?

I'll admit that I'm out of touch with what people 6 years younger than me listen to, I don't get this rock out there now or some of the Southern rap, I grew up with Brooklyn style, east and west, not south.
So there's no reason to get all defensive because there's nothing wrong with that.
We all grow up.
That's the problem with some people on here.
They rather find any sort of way to deny the truth that is right in front of them.

We wanted to enjoy soaps too. We wanted to belong with the rest of the soap fans with something that related to us.
And for a while we did with Passions. It was still a good soap until around late 2006.

And as I have mentioned before, not even I could defend it this summer.

Old Sep 10th, 2008, 04:32 PM   #10
country flag Rocketta

First off Another World is my mother's generation and I managed to watch it and like it so...

I still miss Another World.... Man the Dean/Jenna/Matt/Lorna storyline was great...
Old Sep 10th, 2008, 04:44 PM   #11
Veelieve!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketta View Post

First off Another World is my mother's generation and I managed to watch it and like it so...

I still miss Another World.... Man the Dean/Jenna/Matt/Lorna storyline was great...
Oh I believe you... I was actually the youngest of a group of AW fans on an aol board back then. In fact one of my dearest friends today is an older Jewish lady from L.I. New York. We bonded over a soap opera Oh, and I loved that storyline too , but my fav was anything to do with Carl
Old Sep 10th, 2008, 04:47 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketta View Post

And I managed to like One Life To Live in the 90s with Vicky being all crazy and shit but that doesn't mean I didn't want a soap that I could really call my own.

I don't have a problem with you missing it, I have a problem with you blaming Passions for it going down the tube.

Obviously NBC thought it had a market for my age group and took a risk.
That risk had Passions as the 4th ranked soap for a while in 2002.

Old Sep 10th, 2008, 04:49 PM   #13
country flag ce

ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute

that was retarded
Old Sep 10th, 2008, 04:56 PM   #14
country flag tonythetiger

tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future tonythetiger has a brilliant future

Passions was the worst soap opera in television history. The writers were pathetic and the plots were horrendous! The show would have lasted much longer if they knew how to bring things to closure every once in a while. No, I don't miss it at all. I was tormented by Ethan's stupidity and Teresa's repetitiveness. Bad, bad, bad!!!
"No other female pop star, not Mariah Carey, not Celine Dion, not Barbra Streisand - quite rivals Houston in her exquisite vocal fluidity and purity of tone, and her ability to infuse a lyric with mesmerizing melodrama." Los Angeles Times
tonythetiger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2008, 05:09 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetiger View Post
Passions was the worst soap opera in television history. The writers were pathetic and the plots were horrendous! The show would have lasted much longer if they knew how to bring things to closure every once in a while. No, I don't miss it at all. I was tormented by Ethan's stupidity and Teresa's repetitiveness. Bad, bad, bad!!!
Oh you naive poster.
Have you ever seen The Hills?

Some people might put it under "reality television" but that's pretty much a soap.

And an awful one at that.