Maria News And Articles - Page 37 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 22nd, 2011, 08:18 PM   #541
country flag Remix13

Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of
Re: Maria News And Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agronsky. View Post
Hello.. earth to Kiri.

Kiri's trying space tennis, she's already a century ahead ! Or she's practicing moonballs

May she come back to earth in January
Advertisement

Old Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:39 AM   #542
country flag JimM

JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold

In 2009 her then coach Eric van Harpen wanted her to play Auckland and Hobart where she would have been seeded. She didnt and opted for (if I remember) Brisbane and Sydney and we know how that nightmare turned out. I agree she has passed up a great chance to boost her self up the rankings by missing these gigs. She played some weird Club tournament last year, but what use are they other than practice. Its points she needs, and with Kivitova, Lisicki et al, I think she will struggle from here on. Maybe the new racquet will be a Wonder Weapon! As she no longer has contact with her "Official Website" the only news we are likely to hear is from ppl at tournaments etc and the odd article.

A Tennis court is the loneliest place in the world, more so when its all going wrong. I wonder if her new BF will be as supportive as Igor was? I wonder who dumped who?
JimM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2011, 08:10 AM   #543
country flag Nikkiri

Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute

She wrote an entry in Russian on her website last month.. so I think she does have contact with her website.
Old Dec 23rd, 2011, 02:10 PM   #544
country flag JimM

JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
She wrote an entry in Russian on her website last month.. so I think she does have contact with her website.
Not anymore. The last one was in Russian sent to her friends, and Damien got it. I sometimes used to check the grammar for him before he posted her messages. Maybe she will change her mind and start sending them again?.
Old Dec 23rd, 2011, 02:49 PM   #545
country flag kirivanovic

kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all

I don't think that she wants to interract a lot with her fans or wants to receive crazy messages from crazy people. She's also a bit shy and doesn't really like people's attention about her private life or her beauty. That's why i was surprised to see her with Alex as she won't be quiet anymore when she'll be in Russia.
kirivanovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2011, 03:37 PM   #546
country flag Nikkiri

Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute

That's really disappointing tbh. We support her so much I don't think it would kill her to appreciate it more. Im actually quite annoyed.
Old Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:27 PM   #547
country flag Celeborn

Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all

Yes, she could really tell us something. But if she doesn't want to talk about her boyfriend it might be not so easy to write something. But she is hopefully prepared for a lot of questions during the Australian Open, they will come for sure.

Also, if you don't want to tell us anything, at least play good there ;-).

By the way, I also like her to a certain extent because she is not on twitter and a bit secretive, it fits more with being a star. But she is one of the players with a huge (and cool ) fan base, maybe the biggest of lower ranked players, I hope she knows that. Therefor I think she should really write something from time to time.
Celeborn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2011, 06:29 PM   #548
country flag kirivanovic

kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all

Maybe she would interact more if she was less attractive. If she was on twitter or facebook, she would receive many messages from sick or stupid people criticizing, stalking or annoying her. Okay, maybe she could have a twitter and do like some players who only write there but never answer their fans(don't think that they read their tweets either).It would be better than nothing cos she's hilarious but i understand why she's not there.

About her website, i have no idea, i don't know if she reads her comments and i don't know what people write there but she just doesn't like attention. We can't change her even if she likes playing in front of a big crowd
Old Dec 23rd, 2011, 06:48 PM   #549
country flag Nikkiri

All she would have to do us write a paragraph every now and then you know like, I'm in wherever training blah blah blah and it would make us happy. Surely that's not too hard. I like she's not completely out there whoring up attention even though she easily could but she should give us something.

Ana is a good example she's not on twitter but she uses Facebook and her website to communicate with fans. Answers questions and writes a monthly diary entry or something.

It's a shame cause yes she really is funny and sweet. Her old diary entries were always so fun.

Last edited by Nikkiri : Dec 23rd, 2011 at 06:55 PM.
Nikkiri is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2011, 07:01 PM   #550
country flag kirivanovic

Ana's website is professional whereas Maria's website is hold by a guy who doesn't know her a lot i think. So i guess they don't have a lot of contact. Her agents should advise her to give us more updates cos as you said, it wouldn't kill her. I prefer reading her crazy texts in crazy english than corrected texts on which she can't tell whatever she wants. She should ask her team or a professional to create her a facebook page to write more updates and to check the comments and delete them when they're stupid. Maybe she thinks that she isn't famous enough to do that or she's just a lazy girl.
Old Dec 23rd, 2011, 08:15 PM   #551
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
All she would have to do us write a paragraph every now and then you know like, I'm in wherever training blah blah blah and it would make us happy. Surely that's not too hard. I like she's not completely out there whoring up attention even though she easily could but she should give us something.
I agree completely. I don't need her to write some statement about her relationship status or her thought process in starting to date Alex, stuff like this. But I'd just like to know what she's doing tennis-wise and what her plans are. Of course I wouldn't mind some fun stuff on the side
Old Dec 23rd, 2011, 08:52 PM   #552
MK Ultra

MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM View Post
Not anymore. The last one was in Russian sent to her friends, and Damien got it. I sometimes used to check the grammar for him before he posted her messages. Maybe she will change her mind and start sending them again?.
You have contact with him, right? Maybe you could get him to ask her to write more often?
MK Ultra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2011, 10:21 AM   #553
country flag Nikkiri

Not sure why she even bothered to get a website if it's such a hassle for her. i started posting at my Kiri blog again.. if you want to read more up to date stuff.. though it's hard to find news http://mariakirilenkoupdates.wordpress.com/

Last edited by Nikkiri : Dec 24th, 2011 at 10:32 AM.
Nikkiri is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2011, 01:55 PM   #554
country flag JimM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK Ultra View Post
You have contact with him, right? Maybe you could get him to ask her to write more often?
Damien is a Sports Journalist and has to cover a lot of ground, so it was a task for him latterly as Maria became better known. He told Maria that she really needed a professionally made Website, however, Maria said she did not want that and was happy with what he was doing. What happened after that I dont know, but he said he has no contact of any kind with Maria now.

I have been following Maria since 2005 and she never was interactive with her fans. Its understandable that she doesnt want some nutcase pestering her on Facebook or Twitter, but the odd note to say she is ok and training hard is all thats needed. Its this lack of info that the members of my forums (and elsewhere) find hard to take or understand.

ps

Maria always wanted her grammar checked and corrected if needed.
Old Dec 24th, 2011, 06:56 PM   #555
country flag Nikkiri

Sighhhh Maria. How disappointing.