Maria News And Articles - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 11:31 AM   #31
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria News And Articles

Some good news to report...Maria is #1. Maria was voted best looking tennis player on the wta in this poll in a UK newspaper. I first saw this link over in Caro's player forum and thought I should post it here:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1700129.ece
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 03:10 PM   #32
country flag Krzysiu.

Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanovic Fan!!!! View Post
Thanks.
Lately it's hard to choose if a use a picture of Ana or Maria.
Both are in a ....... form.

I changed my picture, hopefully their results will change as well.
Ana or Maria - it's the question
Krzysiu. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 03:14 PM   #33
country flag Krzysiu.

Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Some good news to report...Maria is #1. Maria was voted best looking tennis player on the wta in this poll in a UK newspaper. I first saw this link over in Caro's player forum and thought I should post it here:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1700129.ece
Well I've known it since Nov.2007. Most of you propably known it even earlier. And Brits got to know it just now
Krzysiu. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 05:14 PM   #34
country flag only_one_maria

only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold

From a British perspective, Makiri is one of Russia's best kept secrets. Virtually no-one here knows who she is. When Andy Murray appeared as a guest on our no1 chat show Makiri got a mention but otherwise nothing

I don't think the article says where this poll is from?

Goonies never say die!
only_one_maria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 01:07 PM   #35
country flag Droolv
*shy

Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute

Maria Kirilenko beat Lenka Wienerova 6-2, 6-0.

Q. How do you feel about completing your first match here? You were the runner up last year, when you were competing here for the second time. Do you think you can do one better this time around?

A. I think it was a good start today. I played quite good, you know, and I didn’t make a lot of mistakes and just played consistent, and I’m just happy the way I played today. Compared with last week, you know, it’s much better. I feel strong and I feel that I can do the same like last year.

Q. You lost in the first round in the last three tournaments you competed in. What do you think was the reason for those losses, and if there were any physical troubles, how are you feeling now?

A. I mean last week for the first round it was really tough match, you know, first match and already with Bartoli. And now I always have, like I said that it’s not my best player with whom I like to play. It’s also... their surface in Tokyo is different. Compared to here, it’s so fast, you know. I prefer here, you know. I like the surface better. I know that the courts are new, and they are painted, and it’s perfect. I feel very fine here.

Q. Last year, some of the fans were disappointed that they didn’t get a chance to get your autographs and pictures after matches. What do you think about the Korean fans, and do you plan to give them a chance to get your autographs and pictures?

A. Of course, usually I give some autographs and pictures. You mean after the match?

Q. Yes.

A. Of course, they will have a chance. (laughter) They always can come to me, and I will always be able to give them autographs and some photos.

Q. Your serve and your backhand were really good today. What are the shots you work on that you focus on during practices?

A. Forehand was good? (laughter)

Q. Forehand was good, too.

A. Yeah, I’m quite working hard about my all shots and my backhand and serve, everything. I need to improve everything a little bit. So that’s what I’m doing every practice. Even today, I’m going to go and hit some balls, you know, and try to be better and better every day.

Q. You wore a beautiful outfit today. Is there a concept behind it?

A. What does it mean, concept?

Q. Is there an idea or something that you tried to go for with your outfit?

A. No, actually I’m wearing the Adidas by Stella McCartney, and she’s the designer of these clothes. So every year, a few time per year, we have meetings and I’m trying the clothes what she did, and I’m trying to see if I’m comfortable in it. So then I’m going and I’m playing and I’m always comfortable in these clothes and it always looks very nice also.

Q. You played aggresively today, coming in front of the baseline. Was that a strategy that was designed to beat your opponent?

A. Designed?

Q. That you employed to beat your opponent.

A. Yeah, usually when I’m playing aggressive tennis and just trying to make the point by myself, I’m playing always better. For me it’s always easier to win the point than if you go like 2 metres from the baseline, you know, and running. Sometimes I do it, and it works not really good, so that’s what I’m trying to do, to play more aggressive tennis.

Q. This is your third time in Korea. Do you feel differently now from when you were here the first time?

A. I think, of course every year when I come here, I’m feeling better and better, and also feeling that I’m a better player. Even like last year, because this year I had the best results, like the no.18 ranking, now a little bit get down because I lost some points, and had some... Doesn’t matter. I feel that I’m improving, you know. My tennis improving, and I’m just really happy, you know, that I can come back here and I’m able to play again here. I have very good memories from last year. It seems like I just played the final yesterday. And it gives a lot of confidence also, the Center Court, because I played a lot of matches here already and I won them. And it gave me even confidence from the first match.

Q. Who do you think is the toughest player competing in this tournament this year?

A. The toughest player for me?

Q. Yes.

A. I mean, for example, the next round is going to be Safarova. I think she’s a good player, and we always have difficult matches with her. It’s going to be difficult also to play the second round against her. She also played maybe not really good this year, she lost some points, but it happens sometimes. Anyway, she’s a good player. And the rest of the players are also good. All the players who can play main draw, it means they are all good. So it’s everybody I need to concentrate in the beginning, so just trying to win it. You know, to play aggressive tennis and win in 2 sets, not 3, if it’s possible.

Q. The Sun, a British tabloid, chose you as the sexiest tennis player. Why do you think there are so many beautiful players on the women’s tour?

A. (laughter) How do I know? Ask the parents... (laughter) I don’t know the answer for this. I mean, it’s nice, you know, to be beautiful. Every girl’s trying to take care about herself and trying to look as good as possible.

Q. You wore a traditional Korean costume last year (after the final). How did you feel wearing that?

A. I think it’s nice. I can see these old pictures in different magazines, and always when I see, of course I remember about Korea. And I think it was a really nice dress, you know, white... So it was good for me. I got it at home. They sent me the dress, so I have it at home.

Q. You like to play football. Is that just a hobby or does it help with the tennis?

A. It’s maybe a little bit hobby and also a little bit, you know, a warmup before my practice. Usually I’m carrying my ball, my football with me, and this time I forgot it at home. (laughter) I like to do some exercises with these ball. Just playing sometimes when we can play 2 against 2, it’s much better than 10 against 10. You have to run more, you know, when you play 2 against 2. It’s good physical work also, for the footwork, everything. When I have a chance, I always like to play.

http://www.hansolopen.com/
Droolv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 01:24 PM   #36

only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold

Good stuff.

Goonies never say die!
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 04:46 PM   #37
country flag Kiriber
I'm a monster I'm a killer I know I'm wrong

Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Q. The Sun, a British tabloid, chose you as the sexiest tennis player. Why do you think there are so many beautiful players on the womenís tour?

A. (laughter) How do I know? Ask the parents... (laughter) I donít know the answer for this. I mean, itís nice, you know, to be beautiful. Every girlís trying to take care about herself and trying to look as good as possible.
I love that they mentioned that to her. Very good answer too.
Kiriber is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 05:55 PM   #38

Apprently it wasn't the Sun or 'Scum' as I prefer to call it, but a poll of Orange mobile phone users than they found out about.

This means the credibility of the poll goes up in my opinion.

Goonies never say die!
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 07:09 PM   #39
country flag Nikkiri

Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droolv. View Post

Q. Your serve and your backhand were really good today. What are the shots you work on that you focus on during practices?

A. Forehand was good? (laughter)

Q. The Sun, a British tabloid, chose you as the sexiest tennis player. Why do you think there are so many beautiful players on the womenís tour?

A. (laughter) How do I know? Ask the parents... (laughter) I donít know the answer for this. I mean, itís nice, you know, to be beautiful. Every girlís trying to take care about herself and trying to look as good as possible.
Love her
Old Sep 24th, 2008, 04:18 AM   #40
country flag Natash.
:(

Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute

She's adorable.
Natash. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2008, 09:56 AM   #41
country flag Droolv
*shy

Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute

Maria Kirilenko beat Pauline Parmentier 6-3, 6-2.

Q. What are your thoughts about the match?

A. Well, I think, after, when I finished, I looked on my watch and it was 2 hours, almost 2 hours. It was actually 6-3, 6-2, but 2 hours, I think, yes. It was a difficult match today. Every game was really difficult, and I couldnít say that it was easy for me, you know, to play the game today. It was really tough, and Iím really happy that I, like, fight till the end. It doesnít matter if I was a little bit tired or whatever. I just fight and I won in two sets.

Q. What was the toughest thing about today?

A. Well, the girl, she didnít make a lot of easy mistakes, you know. Like every point, I have to fight and to win the point. So I didnít have to hope, you know, for mistakes or something. Of course, sometimes she made mistakes. I think itís because of the wind. Today was a little bit cold and windy. And well, that was tough for me, to play every point, to be in the game every point.

Q. Do you think youíre physically fit now?

A. Yeah, I think after US Open I had two weeks for the practice, and I worked really hard, you know, and made a lot of running and physical work. And so now I feel, even if itís a long point, of course I feel a little bit, you know, the breathe is going quite faster, itís normal... Anyway, I recover faster, and Iím feeling perfect. Of course it was a little bit difficult today. You know why? Because yesterday, it was a long day. I was waiting so long, and then we played with Lucie, a set, and then we had to move to the indoors, and then I had to play immediately doubles, and it wasnít so easy also. In the morning it was a little bit difficult for me, but then I just get through the game, and it was fine.

Q. Are you feeling ill? Did you catch the cold, perhaps?

A. No, why? No, because it was windy, you know, and when I was running, and I started to get some tears, it was because of the wind. Then of course... (sniffs) So Iím not sick. I hope not.

Q. You are next playing Kaia Kanepi, against whom you already have a win. How are you going to prepare for that match?

A. Well, Iím going to play doubles soon, and then Iím going to the hotel to rest and sleep. Then tomorrow is the same day, like always, practising and having lunch, you know, and just ready to go on court, I mean...

Q. Are you confident about your match against Kanepi?

A. Well, I know that she had quite good results this year. The French Open, it was quarterfinals. But anyway, it was claycourt, and here weíre going to play on hard. Now, in the beginning of the year, I played against her in a tournament in New Zealand in the first round, and I beat her in... Yeah, it was three sets, actually. Well, I think itís going to be a difficult match for sure tomorrow, and anyway, itís going to be long points, and sheís the girl who is hitting hard the ball. And Iím just... I think sheís a little bit similar like the girl I played today. Iím just going to make some plan on the match you know, and to do my best.

Q. In todayís match, on difficult points, you made a lot of backhand down-the-line winners. What do you think made the difference today in terms of your shots that worked?

A. I think actually today, all my shots worked. Even the serve, I tried to mix the serve, and it worked. Yeah, I had some winners down the line, backhand, and forehand, also, I think I had a lot of winners. Iím just happy with the way I played today, and everything worked.

Q. You wear the same necklace in all your matches. Is there a special meaning to it?

A. (laughter) This necklace Iím wearing all my life, not only in this match.

Q. Who gave it to you?

A. Doesnít matter, I think. (laughter) Itís my parents.
Droolv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2008, 11:53 AM   #42
country flag kirivanovic

kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all

Quote:
Q. Are you feeling ill? Did you catch the cold, perhaps?

A. No, why? No, because it was windy, you know, and when I was running, and I started to get some tears, it was because of the wind. Then of course... (sniffs) So Iím not sick. I hope not.

Quote:
Q. Are you confident about your match against Kanepi?

Well, I think itís going to be a difficult match for sure tomorrow, and anyway, itís going to be long points, and sheís the girl who is hitting hard the ball.
Anaaaaaaa, get out of Maria's body
kirivanovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2008, 08:48 AM   #43
country flag kirivanovic

kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all

Maria Kirilenko beat Kaia Kanepi 6-4, 3-6, 6-4.

Q. How do you feel about reaching the final for the second year?

A. First of all, I'm very happy to make it to the second time the final. Actually, today was so difficult match. You know, I was down 2-0 in the third set, and every game was really difficult. So I'm really happy to get through all of this, and I'm in the final.

Q. The weather has turned a bit cold suddenly. How did that affect the game?

A. I mean, in the morning I think it was much colder than yesterday, and I thought I'm going to play in the pants, you know. (laughter) And the T-shirt was long sleeves. But then the weather became warmer and warmer, so actually it was maybe... The weather even helped me, you know, to play like three sets and so long, because if it's hot, it's going to be twice difficult to play today. But it wasn't so hot, and it was easier, you know. Not so difficult to play. It was difficult to play with her, not because of the weather. (laughter)

Q. How is your fitness holding up? You're also playing the doubles.

A. Since now, I think it's good, and I hope I'm going to be ready tomorrow.

Q. Your next opponent has a strong serve. How will you be preparing for it?

A. I mean, I need a good return tomorrow, for sure. Well, I played against her a few times. One time I beat her, one time I lost to her, but it was on the clay court when I lost to her and it was three sets. It was last year in the French Open, so it was a long time ago. Well, for sure I just need a good return tomorrow, and the rest, I feel I'm going to be fine.

Q. You are here for the third time. When you see Korean tennis, do you think it's improving?

A. Well, I remember I played last year first round with a Korean girl, and I remember it was a difficult match. The girl, she played... I don't remember her name.

Q. Kim, Kim So-Jung

A. So I played a difficult match with her. This year, I didn't see her. Well, and I just played doubles against Korean girls. What I saw of them, they understand how to play doubles. It seems they understand, but anyway they need to more improve to make all the shots better and better. But I think the players are improving, and I know you have a lot of small players, I mean kids, you know, and I saw one guy, he's nine years old, he played unbelievably good. So I think the small guys and girls, they are playing very well.

Q. Your doubles partner, Vera, also came here in 2005 and lost in the first round. Are you good friends with her, and how did you decide to play doubles together?

A. I don't know, just, erm... Actually, I didn't plan to play doubles here. Then suddenly I decided, why not play extra matches. And then I asked her, Vera, if she wanted to play with me here, and she said yes, sure, she was happy to play. That's why we're playing. I mean well, I couldn't say that we are very good friends, but we know each other because we're from the same country, and when we have a chance, we always talk.

Q. Last year, after the final, you received a traditional Korean costume. If you receive a traditional Korean costume again this year, what colour would you like? Maybe the same colour as Venus received last year?

A. No, I don't want the same. (laughter) I don't know what I... If I say the colour, they are going to prepare the colour tomorrow?

Q. I don't think so.

A. You don't think so. (laughter)

Q. What would you like?

A. Something like bright colours.

Q. Before coming here, you had a lot of early exits. What do you think changed?

A. Well, just last two tournaments I lost first round. It was Tokyo, I mean, I lost against Bartoli, she's a good player you know, and for the first round it's really tough. And in US Open I lost against the girl, Paszek, but she's also a good player. She was top 30 already, for the first round. Now she's not seeded player, she lost some points, but anyway she's really tough and she had good wins. Before me, she beat Ivanovic and a couple of good players. It was also, I lost three sets, you know, 7-... I don't remember, 6-4 in the third. Also, you know, up like... It was very close match. Well, of course during this year I had some downs, early exits like first rounds. A lot of first rounds. I don't know. I need to be more consistent player if I'm going to play, try to keep my level the same level, so for sure I'm going to be a good player, top 15, top 10, for sure, but now I have some up and downs, and that's why my ranking is not high enough yet. But you know, it's still... I have time to improve. I'm only 21 and I'm going to get more experience, experience and so now I understand more, and try to be more good player.
Old Sep 27th, 2008, 03:52 PM   #44
country flag Warrior

Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting
Warrior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2008, 11:09 AM   #45
country flag kirivanovic

Maria Kirilenko beat Samantha Stosur 2-6, 6-1, 6-4.

Q. How do you feel about winning the championship?

A. I feel good, I feel tired. (laughter) It was two matches, the last two matches were very difficult. Even before, I won 6-3, 6-2, both matches, and also it was long. So you know, now at the end of the week, I feel a little bit tired. Still, I need to go play doubles.

Q. How different does it feel last year compared to last year when you were runner up?

A. Well, I think this year, Iím a much better player, and I also had more difficult wins than last year. From the, I donít know, the first round, I didnít know the girl with whom I played, but anyway, she played quite good. And then from the second round to the final, I had very good players. And Iím really happy that I beat all of them. I feel that Iím improving, you know.

Q. You were having problems with your service game in the first set, and your opponent had a strong kick serve. How did you prepare for it?

A. Yeah, I mean, I did a lot of mistakes. It was unbelievable how many mistakes I did. And she started to play very good and she served so good, and for me it was difficult to return her serve. She always served 192, 189... Then in the second set, I started to be more concentrated, you know, because in the first set I was a little bit out of the game. Also, I felt a little bit tired after yesterday, my doubles and singles. But anyway, I concentrated, and then I decided to play every ball, doesnít matter what happened, and so I just started to fight. It worked, and Iím very happy.

Q. When you started the match, in the first set, your level didnít seem quite 100%. How would you describe your level at the start of the match?

A. What I told before, I started to make a lot of mistakes. I think it was because of a little bit tiredness, you know, after a difficult match yesterday, the day before yesterday. And of course, Iím not a robot, you know. I feel tired. Especially, itís Sunday, and itís normal. And well, I tried to do my best in the first set, but didnít work you know, it happens sometimes. But the game, itís not only one set, itís from three sets. I think my first set was just, you know, 50 or 40%, what I think. And then, I started to play better and better, and then I started to play much better. I started to play more aggressive, you know, do the right things, donít make stupid mistakes.

Q. Maria, it looks like youíve got one of the best return of serves in womenís tennis. Do you see the ball early? I mean, how do you return it so well? And number two, was her second serve has got a lot of kick. Is that hard to return?

A. So Iíll answer the first question. Yes, since small age, my return is quite good. Itís always better than my serve. And I donít know, maybe itís because itís the reaction. My reaction, you know, is not so bad. I donít know, just feel the ball when the ball is coming, I know what to do, like my hand going through the ball. Itís always, you know, quite good. The second question is...

Q. Her second serve. Was it tough, the kick, to return?

A. I knew her second serve. Iíve played against her already and I played doubles against her many times. I knew itís only two possibilities. You go two steps back and return from the defence, or you go just two steps in the court, you know, and just, you return aggressive. Today, I decided to go two steps forward in the court, and my return was perfect. It wasnít really problems for me, but anyway, but she had a few aces from the second serve. Even I went two steps in the court, and anyway, it was aces. (laughter) Itís a really good serve. I think sheís one of the best who is serving so good. Sheís serving so fast like men sometimes.

Q. In the first set, you seemed to be having trouble with your leg. What happened?

A. Just during the point, I just hit my knee with the racquet, and it was so painful. I thought I broke something. (laughter) And I couldnít step on my leg, it was like a little bit shock you know. Just happened, you know, a strange step during the point, and I got trouble. Maybe it was good, you know, to wake me up. (laughter) Then I woke up, and I started to play.

Q. In last yearís and this yearís run to the final, you wore the same outfit for all your singles matches. Is there a reason for it, maybe sponsorship reasons?

A. Yes because Iím playing in Adidas by Stella McCartney, and she makes the clothes for me. And for every tournament, she sends me the clothes... Maybe not for every tournament, but for a couple of tournaments, I have to play in the same dress or the same dress, and thatís how it works.

Q. So thatís part of the agreement?

A. Yes.

Q. It seems you control your emotions very well out on the court. What do you do to control your emotions? And secondly, when things are not going well, you sometimes turn around and say some things. What are the things that you say in those times?

A. I donít remember. (laughter) Well, yeah. Usually I try to control myself, and I never throw the racquets and I never do some strange things on court, and sometimes I feel that Iím going asleep, to sleep, you know, during the match, and I need to wake up somehow. Or I start to like, scream something loud, or I donít know, just maybe once hit the racquet to wake me up, then I can be in the game. Because otherwise, Iím getting slow, and no emotion, nothing. And the game doesnít go, so... Actually, I donít even remember what Iím screaming. (laughter)

Q. What do you need to do to win Wimbledon or the US Open? And another quick question, generally you donít like to move forward, you looked a little bit hesitant. Is that a physical thing? Is it hard to move forward? Or is that mental, you just donít want to?

A. What do you mean?

Q. Short balls. Coming into the net on short balls, moving forward rather than sideways.

A. Well, thatís what Iím trying to do some times, you know. You mean not often Iím going to the net, or what do you mean?

Q. Yeah.

A. I donít know. I think itís not of my type of game to come slowly to the net. I always come when I have a chance, and when itís some moments during the match, just to come to the net and surprise my opponent. And the first question, I donít know, I just need to make more physical work, to be ready for two weeks. Also, I need to believe in myself that I can play good, and can beat the good players also. Just this, and then I can win.