Maria News And Articles - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 11th, 2008, 05:06 AM   #16
country flag Kiriber
I'm a monster I'm a killer I know I'm wrong

Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold
Re: Maria News And Articles

Oh man I have never seen an article so in favor of her. Nice to read.

Her game does seem to be getting better over time, and I'll take any title. As far as I can tell she has been having one of her best years yet. She just needs to ride with the momentum better, and do something about being so streaky during matches. Playing like a goddess and then losing so many points in a row isn't so good.

I love her with her current coach, I think they can get it done and get her into the second week of a slam.

Mmmm optimism is fun.
Kiriber is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 11th, 2008, 05:36 AM   #17
country flag Nikkiri

Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmaloo View Post
Oh man I have never seen an article so in favor of her. Nice to read.

Her game does seem to be getting better over time, and I'll take any title. As far as I can tell she has been having one of her best years yet. She just needs to ride with the momentum better, and do something about being so streaky during matches. Playing like a goddess and then losing so many points in a row isn't so good.

I love her with her current coach, I think they can get it done and get her into the second week of a slam.

Mmmm optimism is fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumoq View Post
Anyway, it's always interesting to hear what she has to say herself about her game and her career.
Thank you.
Old Sep 11th, 2008, 07:59 PM   #18
country flag Krzysiu.

Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkiri. View Post
I guess theres no point posting positive things in here. The only activity in this forum is to drool over her looks.
Krzysiu. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2008, 12:32 PM   #19
country flag Nikkiri

Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute

Some nice words from Flavia.

Quote:
One of Pennetta's friends and regular doubles partners is Maria Kirilenko, who also broke back into the world's Top 20 recently. The Italian is hoping she and the Russian can continue to play well together and apart, and keep on moving up.

"Maria and I are trying to take the same steps. We've both been playing well for four or five years now, and this is the right time. We're friends, we play doubles together - it'll be fun if we can take these steps at the same time."
Old Sep 13th, 2008, 06:47 PM   #20
country flag Kiriber
I'm a monster I'm a killer I know I'm wrong

Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold

I could totally deal with Maria and Flavia marching up into the top 15
Kiriber is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2008, 10:49 AM   #21
country flag Nikkiri

Eric Van Harpen « Next year will be a different year »

Quote:

Eric Van Harpen, the coach of Maria, told some words between the US Open and the Toray Pan Pacific Open Tennis Tournament for Maria official website.

« This match against Paszek at the US Open was very disappointed for us all ! Because after that, she would have a good draw. Patty Schnyder is for sure a lot easier for Maria as Serena Williams or Jelena Jankovic.

I was so happy that she could break Tamira and have this 4-2 and serving for 5-2. Then, she lost 13 points in a row and I don’t know what happened. Perhaps she was tired and tense… But she should not be tired and we will work like hell. I am so happy that Maria see it clear as well that we have to work hard here and this makes the work easier for us both.

Between US Open and now, Maria took some days off and did physical work with her father in Moscow. I see her better at the moment. Yesterday, she trained very well and I told her that we have to work in the future like this and this is not a guaranty that she will do great in the next tournaments, but yes in the future.

I think Maria did understand that to improve, we have to work a 30% harder in the future and I think she is ready for this. If she will, next year will be a different year. »
Old Sep 15th, 2008, 10:52 AM   #22
country flag Nikkiri

Nice new diary entry from Maria.

Quote:
Hello!

After US Open, I went at home and I had very nice days with my family! Now I am in Tokyo, in my favorite city! For my first match, I am playing against Marion Bartoli. It’s very tough for the first round, but all girls who are in this tournament are strong.

Yesterday, I did an autograph session for Yonex. We went in downtown in the biggest sport shop of Tokyo. There were a lot of people and atmosphere was very nice! Japanese people are very kind.

In the evening, me and three other players (Ivanovic, Cornet and Sugiyama), we had a little tournament with the sponsors. Four groups and, in each, 6-7 people and one of us. So we had a small competition and my group won!!! It was very funny.

Tomorrow, I guess I am going to play and today I will make one practice and will be ready for tomorrow match.

Thank you for all your messages. I’ll talk to you soon !

Maria
Old Sep 15th, 2008, 10:55 AM   #23
country flag Droolv
*shy

Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Nikkie

Hopefully 2009 will be a breakthrough year
Droolv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2008, 06:38 PM   #24
country flag DAVAJ MKirilenko
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute

It's good to have positive sounds, but they were there also earlier this year. If Maria lose today, she will drop to at least rank 31.
But guys, I'm actually positive about today.
A draw against Bartoli is exactly what she needs. The draw at the US Open asked for the seem.

Maria, shut up the haters at show that you really have the talent to reach the top.
DAVAJ MARIA!!!!!

1. Ana Ivanovic

2. Maria Kirilenko
3. Anastasija Sevastova
DAVAJ MKirilenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2008, 03:21 PM   #25
country flag Warrior

Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a link to Russian article about Maria.

http://www.kp.ru/daily/24167/379517/

Sorry no time to translate.
Warrior is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2008, 11:55 AM   #26
country flag only_one_maria

only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior View Post

Anything interesting to report?

Goonies never say die!
only_one_maria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2008, 06:24 PM   #27
country flag Warrior

Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by only_one_maria View Post
Anything interesting to report?
Not really. The article reports that "Sun" ranked Mariki ahead of Sharapova among sexiest tennis players.
Warrior is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2008, 06:48 PM   #28
country flag Krzysiu.

Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of

Quote:

Anybody translate anyway?

Quote:
Not really. The article reports that "Sun" ranked Mariki ahead of Sharapova among sexiest tennis players.
Anybody had any doubt?
Old Sep 21st, 2008, 06:55 PM   #29
country flag Krzysiu.

Oh and Ivanovic Fan - nice pic of you and Maria I have very similar, Sweetie has the same blouse on her
Old Sep 21st, 2008, 07:33 PM   #30
country flag DAVAJ MKirilenko
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krzysiu. View Post
Oh and Ivanovic Fan - nice pic of you and Maria I have very similar, Sweetie has the same blouse on her
Thanks.
Lately it's hard to choose if a use a picture of Ana or Maria.
Both are in a ....... form.

I changed my picture, hopefully their results will change as well.

1. Ana Ivanovic

2. Maria Kirilenko
3. Anastasija Sevastova
DAVAJ MKirilenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote