Big West - 2008 news - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 11th, 2008, 06:02 AM   #91
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Re: Comparing BWest with others 07/08

Looks like USF is getting the most bang for the buck.

For California kids standard recruiting includes the school paying for an official visit and the coach meeting with the recruit and the parents in their living room. I might have guessed the teams with more international players like Long Beach State and Pacific would of had higher operating expenses.

Does that mean the majority of international players make a verbal without taking an official visit or meeting the coach in person 1st?

Are most international players just recruited using e-mails and phone calls and therefore actually cost less in recruiting expenses to sign than an in state player?
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 11th, 2008, 10:11 PM   #92
country flag form

form has disabled reputation
Re: Big West - news

Depends on the int'l recruit.

Given that USF is unranked.. not sure how you could surmise that?
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2008, 11:19 PM   #93
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by form View Post
Given that USF is unranked.. not sure how you could surmise that?
USF had less money for expenses than Cal State Fullerton last year!

But they defeated UCSB & LMU, the biggest spenders in the Big West and WCC. That's how I surmised that.
Old Dec 12th, 2008, 04:14 AM   #94
country flag form

USF now has 8 full scholarships, UCSB has 5.5 scholarships funded. LMU I can't speak for.
Old Dec 13th, 2008, 03:58 AM   #95
country flag gouci

Hey form USC is outspending the next highest budget in the Pac 10 by over $100,000. What do you think the chunk of this extra 100k is used for?
Old Dec 13th, 2008, 03:29 PM   #96
country flag form

There are three or four numbers that must be wrong. USC is way too high (though they do take entire squad for fall 'non counting' match to Notre Dame when football plays there each year. But $100k more seems odd; they are either including some salary or playing the Title IX money game.

Georgia Tech has to be a typo. Win national title and cut budget by 60K? Pretty sure there was supposed to be a '1' in front of that number given their travel.

Sac State reported number a mess and the UCSB number really jumped. Sometimes a school might report some odd number if they are trying to help their Title IX numbers.

Still... the Pac has huge budgets other than UA.
Old Jan 17th, 2009, 01:23 AM   #97
country flag gouci

Re: UC Irvine

Here's an article from TRN about 5 star Kristina Smith's decision to attend UCI.

Smith Chooses the Anteaters
Old Jan 17th, 2009, 02:09 AM   #98
country flag FedAce

FedAce is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
Here's an article from TRN about 5 star Kristina Smith's decision to attend UCI.

Smith Chooses the Anteaters
Is she HOT ??? does she have a nice butt ??
FedAce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2009, 01:59 PM   #99
country flag gouci

Quote:
. Form thanks for the update! I won't believe it until Isip is actually playing for UCI in the ITA regionals next year. When I looked, Isip also had a high interest in Pepperdine which makes them the heavy favorites to sign her. I wouldn't be surprised if other teams like St. Mary's also get listed into the mix later.
My prediction about Isip listing St. Mary's comes true 9 months later.

Quick see it here today (7/15/09) before it changes.

Last edited by gouci : Jul 15th, 2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 02:25 AM   #100
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My prediction about Isip listing St. Mary's comes true 9 months later.

Quick see it here today (7/15/09) before it changes.
So m gonna get to the bottom of this..ill ask Catherine whats up..

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 05:07 PM   #101
country flag form

Re: Big West - 2008 news

Word last week at local tourney:

Isip admission was denied at Pepperdine (home schooled; missing something that was needed).... so she took St Mary's position with offer to allow her to transfer later if she doesn't like it... just repeating word on the street

Colffer now has offer from Pepp in the last couple days (odd, after beating Montez her stock jumped) which obviously is last minute since Isip didn't get admitted.
Old Jul 17th, 2009, 03:10 AM   #102

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by form View Post
Word last week at local tourney:

Isip admission was denied at Pepperdine (home schooled; missing something that was needed).... so she took St Mary's position with offer to allow her to transfer later if she doesn't like it... just repeating word on the street

Colffer now has offer from Pepp in the last couple days (odd, after beating Montez her stock jumped) which obviously is last minute since Isip didn't get admitted.
90 percent true. Cat had tried a ton of different home schooled programs in her 4 years. She found out after her early decision that some of her schedule needed to be fixed per NCAA admisssions...She found a program that was approved but after 2 Pepperdine girls had bad semesters academically, they didnt wanna chance on Cat. As you said, the St.Mary's bit is true. Both her and I said it was a blessing in disguise.

Old Jul 17th, 2009, 04:22 AM   #103
country flag gouci

Now that Isip has an "out clause" to transfer later, I wouldn't be surprised if she exercised it for the 2011-2012 season when USC will have 4 scholarships available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbuddy12 View Post
90 ...She found a program that was approved but after 2 Pepperdine girls had bad semesters academically, they didnt wanna chance on Cat.
Pepperdine just lost Zlatka Petrova and Anne-Christine Voicu. They may end up in the NAIA which is stocked with ex-Pepperdine players like Katia Sabate and Kimberly Haynes.
Old Jul 18th, 2009, 02:05 AM   #104

Rumor has it that Marie Zalameda might be going to Pepperdine....already signed but tennisrecruit doesnt have it