The decline of Henin and Serena back to no.1 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:32 AM   #1
country flag Serena-rules-no1

Serena-rules-no1 has much to be proud of Serena-rules-no1 has much to be proud of Serena-rules-no1 has much to be proud of Serena-rules-no1 has much to be proud of Serena-rules-no1 has much to be proud of Serena-rules-no1 has much to be proud of Serena-rules-no1 has much to be proud of Serena-rules-no1 has much to be proud of Serena-rules-no1 has much to be proud of Serena-rules-no1 has much to be proud of Serena-rules-no1 has much to be proud of
The decline of Henin and Serena back to no.1

I predicted this at the end of last year

she can be overpowered easily

Justine "Midget" Henin

Last edited by Serena-rules-no1 : Sep 8th, 2008 at 02:47 PM.
Serena-rules-no1 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:34 AM   #2
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The decline of Henin has started

It is too early to say that. She can be overpowered, but it is not easy. A player has to hit four or five winners in every single rally to beat her. Maria is the only player who can do that, and there's no evidence that she'll be able to do that match in, match out.
Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:49 AM   #3
country flag strictennis

strictennis is a name known to all strictennis is a name known to all strictennis is a name known to all strictennis is a name known to all strictennis is a name known to all strictennis is a name known to all strictennis is a name known to all strictennis is a name known to all strictennis is a name known to all strictennis is a name known to all strictennis is a name known to all

I feel that way too! Not like overpowered but more like the fall the Belgiums.
Joachim Johansson
Viktor Troicki
strictennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:51 AM   #4
country flag ZeroSOFInfinity
The Comeback Begins - January 2010.

ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute

Just because of one terrible loss, and you say Henin's decline has started?

Dude, then what about your fave?

Australian Open 2010 Final Result:-
Lost to Serena Williams 4-6, 6-3, 2-6 (Great job, girl! Now prepare for FO!)
ZeroSOFInfinity is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:52 AM   #5
country flag majuu

majuu is a name known to all majuu is a name known to all majuu is a name known to all majuu is a name known to all majuu is a name known to all majuu is a name known to all majuu is a name known to all majuu is a name known to all majuu is a name known to all majuu is a name known to all majuu is a name known to all

Maria is over 6 foot and Justine is around only 5'5. Of course she can be overpowered if a power player like Maria plays flawless power tennis like she did tonight.

The morons stating Maria was "always a better player" than Justine are really making a bold statement saying that.
majuu is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:53 AM   #6
country flag fleemke³

fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of

She is human you know and can have a bad day and a good opponent in front off her ... She'll be back
YEC Madrid '06,'07
41 titles

fleemke³ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:55 AM   #7
country flag cypher_88
Long live Electro & House

cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSOFInfinity View Post
Just because of one terrible loss, and you say Henin's decline has started?

Dude, then what about your fave?
when Maria lost 0-6 0-6 to Lindsay people similar threads were created...and she came back strong. no reason why Justine should not recover from this bagel.

Justine for Wimby

Myskina|Henin|Sharapova|Youzhny|Federer
cypher_88 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:56 AM   #8
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute

Justine can be overpowered, but in the better part of a year, only one player has possessed the right kind of power.

I'm sure Mirza overpowers Justine when they play...
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:58 AM   #9
Dawn Marie

Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not Henin's favorite fan but I know she has top game.

Carlos was a tool. He said hit the ball down the middle? Justine couldn't get into her game because she was facing pressure all night.

All top players have bad matches but I am no fool. Justine will be around for awhile. A long while.
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. "Cree Native American Prophecy"
Dawn Marie is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:58 AM   #10
country flag FrOzon

FrOzon has a brilliant future FrOzon has a brilliant future FrOzon has a brilliant future FrOzon has a brilliant future FrOzon has a brilliant future FrOzon has a brilliant future FrOzon has a brilliant future FrOzon has a brilliant future FrOzon has a brilliant future FrOzon has a brilliant future FrOzon has a brilliant future

About nine months after Serena's decline has begun!
FrOzon is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:00 AM   #11
country flag jujufreak

jujufreak has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena-rules-no1 View Post
she can be overpowered easily
when she's not playing well... yes, that's true... the same goes for every player

at least, we're not making up excuses. Maria was better and deserved to win. I didn't hear that comment from many Williams fans.
jujufreak is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:05 AM   #12
country flag treufreund

treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Justine is going away but rather other players are improving tremendously. Justine MUST work on service variety. She cannot grow an extra 4 or 5 inches tall and get as many cheap points. But against maria today most players would have been utterly overpowered except maybe for a williams sister playing at her absolute best. Kinda hard to do much with a ball you cannot reach. Plain and simple. Now justine needs to figure out how to improve her serve first and foremost and tend to her knee and just keep working hard.
treufreund is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:07 AM   #13
country flag saniapower

saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold

Justin with such a poor serve doesn't deserve the no 1 spot. Look at Federer
Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:07 AM   #14
country flag saniapower

saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold

Justin with such a poor serve doesn't deserve the no 1 spot. Look at Federer...........
Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:08 AM   #15
country flag DimaDinosaur

DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute

Justine and Serena are OUT. It's the changing of the new guards, making the way for Sharapova, Jankovic, and Ivanovic generation
DimaDinosaur is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread