At their prime, who was greater ? Serena vs Seles vs Graf? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 8th, 2008, 05:31 AM   #1
country flag ShirleyWilks

ShirleyWilks is just really nice ShirleyWilks is just really nice ShirleyWilks is just really nice ShirleyWilks is just really nice ShirleyWilks is just really nice ShirleyWilks is just really nice ShirleyWilks is just really nice ShirleyWilks is just really nice ShirleyWilks is just really nice ShirleyWilks is just really nice ShirleyWilks is just really nice
Thumbs up At their prime, who was greater ? Serena vs Seles vs Graf?

At their prime, who was greater? Serena vs Seles vs Graf

I'd say Seles then Serena then Graf.
ShirleyWilks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 8th, 2008, 05:32 AM   #2
country flag Dunlop1

Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: At their prime, who was greater ? Serena vs Seles vs Graf?

lol
22 > 9
Nuff said.
Dunlop1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2008, 05:33 AM   #3

ShirleyWilks is just really nice ShirleyWilks is just really nice ShirleyWilks is just really nice ShirleyWilks is just really nice ShirleyWilks is just really nice ShirleyWilks is just really nice ShirleyWilks is just really nice ShirleyWilks is just really nice ShirleyWilks is just really nice ShirleyWilks is just really nice ShirleyWilks is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunlop1 View Post
lol
22 > 9
Nuff said.
lol but 22** lmao
Old Sep 8th, 2008, 05:39 AM   #4
country flag Balltossovic
Excitement Control Officer of Anapolis

Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirleyWilks View Post
lol but 22** lmao
22 Still

We'll Always Have 08

Ana~*~Vika~*~Aga~*~Sveta~*~Andrea~*~Petra
Balltossovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2008, 05:44 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennislover23 View Post
22 Still
Graf was very clearly demoted to No. 2 by Seles for 2.5 years before stabbing incident and Seles was cleaning up at grand slams (except Wimbledon). The stabbing incident is the only such incident I can think of where a fan of one player has injured another deliberately to heighen the status of his/her preferred player (and, sadly, achieved what he wanted!).

Her 22 GS are hallow and have asterisks all over it.
Old Sep 8th, 2008, 05:45 AM   #6

Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Graf was very clearly demoted to No. 2 by Seles for 2.5 years before stabbing incident and Seles was cleaning up at grand slams (except Wimbledon). The stabbing incident is the only such incident I can think of where a fan of one player has injured another deliberately to heighen the status of his/her preferred player (and, sadly, achieved what he wanted!).

And they are still GS

We'll Always Have 08

Old Sep 8th, 2008, 05:47 AM   #7

Quote:
And they are still GS
Yes and she can thank that german mad maniac fan for half of those. the seles incident will always cast a dark shadow on her *great* accomplishments.
Old Sep 8th, 2008, 05:50 AM   #8

Quote:
Yes and she can thank that german mad maniac fan for half of those. the seles incident will always cast a dark shadow on her *great* accomplishments.
OK troll I'm done with you

We'll Always Have 08

Old Sep 8th, 2008, 05:52 AM   #9
country flag enchantrezz

enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of

Quote:

LOL! She had 11 before the stabbing.

The Cocktail Party
Official Matchmaker of The Domik of Dinara Disciples

"It's a great honour to reach the No. 1 ranking and it is a dream that every girl who has ever wanted to play professional tennis shares" - Dinara
enchantrezz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2008, 05:53 AM   #10
country flag enchantrezz

enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of

Quote:
And the Seles fans cant get over it....how sad.

The Cocktail Party

"It's a great honour to reach the No. 1 ranking and it is a dream that every girl who has ever wanted to play professional tennis shares" - Dinara
Old Sep 8th, 2008, 05:55 AM   #11

Quote:
OK troll I'm done with you
You're just p-d off because someone has actually made you look like an ignoramous.

Weeks at No. 1 for Graf greatly inflated by Seles debacle and also number of grand slam titles won. Same goes for number of times Graf won 3 slams in a year. You really need to focus on Graf 1987 to 1989 and then take into account what happened re Seles in 1990 to 1993 to be able to judge Graf's record 1993 to 1999.
Old Sep 8th, 2008, 05:59 AM   #12

Quote:
You're just p-d off because someone has actually made you look like an ignoramous.

Weeks at No. 1 for Graf greatly inflated by Seles debacle and also number of grand slam titles won. Same goes for number of times Graf won 3 slams in a year. You really need to focus on Graf 1987 to 1989 and then take into account what happened re Seles in 1990 to 1993 to be able to judge Graf's record 1993 to 1999.
1. The only one looking like an idiot is you for creating another account to spew your garbage and still being bitter about something that happened in 1993.

2.There is no way to tell even if Seles didn't get stabbed what the slam and H2H would have been.

3. I don't NEED to do anything because I am entitled to my opinion as are you.

4. It's been nice owning you troll so have a good night

We'll Always Have 08

Old Sep 8th, 2008, 06:00 AM   #13
country flag enchantrezz

Quote:

It seems like you havent gotten over it...you sound so mad , after all these years ?

Its 2008, time of the WS ..Graf has retired and Seles has moved on. Please be happy

The Cocktail Party

Old Sep 8th, 2008, 06:04 AM   #14

Quote:
1. The only one looking like an idiot is you for creating another account to spew your garbage and still being bitter about something that happened in 1993.

2.There is no way to tell even if Seles didn't get stabbed what the slam and H2H would have been.

3. I don't NEED to do anything because I am entitled to my opinion as are you.

4. It's been nice owning you troll so have a good night
Right, because you have convinced so many people here of your intellect.
Old Sep 8th, 2008, 06:12 AM   #15
country flag DOUBLEFIST

DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, can we just stop with the comparisons of Serena and Graf? Seles, yes. Graf, no. It's not even close. Sorry, I love Serena, but I'm sure even Richard Williams himself would tell you that! Graf is the greatest ever. Period. Monica's stabbing notwithstanding.

It's useless to compare "peak" because all "peaks" are perceived as great or small relative to their surrounding "terrain," so to speak. Since Serena and Steffi dominate different generations (or "surroundings" for the sake of the metaphor), it's somewhat useless to compare "peaks."
DOUBLEFIST is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote