S3 - 4: Australian Open, Melbourne (GS) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 7th, 2008, 12:12 PM   #1
country flag The Daviator

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute
S3 - 4: Australian Open, Melbourne (GS)

Australian Open, Melbourne

Week 4 * Plexi Grand Slam * Draw Size 32

S1 Winner - Nathalie Dechy
S2 Winner - Tamarine Tanasugarn

Welcome to Melbourne, and the first Grand Slam event of season three on the ATC, home hope Alicia Molik was the runner-up here twice before and is the hot favourite to finally win, but there are still plenty of players who have a shot at Grand Slam glory, good luck to all this week!

Draw Posted - Monday 19:00 CET

Points Deadline - Tuesday 19:00 CET

Reminder - Please start sending Clay points

Last edited by The Daviator : Sep 7th, 2008 at 12:42 PM.
The Daviator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 7th, 2008, 12:12 PM   #2

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute
Re: S3 - 3: Australian Open, Melbourne (GS)

Aces To Play

Capriati - 2
Clijsters - 1
Davenport - 3
Dementieva - 3
Ditty - 1
Domachowska - 0
Dominguez Lino - 2
Golovin - 1
Hantuchova - 2
Ivanovic - 2
Jankovic - 1
Jidkova - 0
Keothavong - 3
Kirilenko - 4
Krajicek - 0
Mauresmo - 3
Mirza - 1
Molik - 3
Morigami - 1
Myskina - 1
Sharapova - 1
Shaughnessy - 1
Tanasugarn - 2
S. Williams - 3
V. Williams - 0
Wozniak - 0

Last edited by The Daviator : Sep 7th, 2008 at 01:35 PM.
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 12:13 PM   #3

Draw

Alicia Molik(1) v Bye
Anne Keothavong v Elena Dementieva
Serena Williams v Marta Domachowska
Bye v Amelie Mauresmo(5)

Kim Clijsters(6) v Kaia Kanepi
Alina Jidkova v Lourdes Dominguez Lino
Lindsay Davenport v Aleksandra Wozniak
Bye v Jelena Jankovic(4)

Tamarine Tanasugarn(3) v Bye
Sania Mirza v Venus Williams
Ana Ivanovic v Maria Kirilenko
Julie Ditty v Anastasia Myskina(7)

Jennifer Capriati(8) v Akiko Morigami
Maria Sharapova v Daniela Hantuchova
Tatiana Golovin v Meghann Shaughnessy
Bye v Michaella Krajicek(2)

Last edited by The Daviator : Sep 9th, 2008 at 05:36 PM.
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 12:13 PM   #4

Points To Defend

1000 -

Tanasugarn

700 -

Molik

450 -

Dementieva
Ivanovic

250 -

Domachowska
Capriati
Krajicek

140 -

Mauresmo
Kirilenko
Keothavong

90 -

Davenport
Mirza
Jankovic
V. Williams
Clijsters
Hantuchova

Last edited by The Daviator : Sep 7th, 2008 at 12:40 PM.
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 12:13 PM   #5

Player Of The Week

Daniela Hantuchova

Dani gets it for her good play in the last 2 events, and for all the articles she's written recently, and now has 2 aces for the AO

Last edited by The Daviator : Sep 7th, 2008 at 12:58 PM.
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 12:14 PM   #6

Preview

The Favourites

Alicia is the clear favourite having won two titles in the lead-up, she always plays well here and her gameplan is very strong, it'll take something special to beat her, Sania has just 1 ace but she's been surprisingly strong on this surface and could make a nice run with a good draw, as for Maria, well she has to be considered as she's the only player with a full set of aces, if she can get her head together, she could win this title.

The Contenders

Jennifer has once again produced strong results on this surface, she usually falls short at the end of a tournament but has a very solid game, Daniela has upset several top players with more aces than her, so look for her to do the same here, and whilst Mauresmo has yet to win a match, she has 3 aces and knows what it takes to win a major.

The Dark Horses

The Dangerous Floaters

My prediction for who will win the title?

?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?

Good luck everyone

Last edited by The Daviator : Sep 7th, 2008 at 01:18 PM.
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 01:24 PM   #7

Re: S3 - 4: Australian Open, Melbourne (GS)

Aces, Points to Defend, POTW and Preview posted

I'd like to be able to post results on time each day but one of the things that takes the most time is finding and resizing new pics every week, it really is time consuming and I'd be able to post results quicker if I didn't have to do this So could I ask you guys to PM me a pic of your player which will be used all the time, so make it your favourite picture You can change with each surface if you like, but please send as it would be a big help to me, thanks
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 02:27 PM   #8
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

Molik gets the kiss of death.

Let us see how Dav does when making predictions:
Quote:
S1
Dav picks for title: -
Favourites: 2 W(FO,WB), 1 F(WB),2 SF(AO,USO)
Contenders: 1 F(USO), 1 SF(AO)
Dark Horses: 1 W(AO), 1 SF(WB)
Dangerous Floaters: 1 SF(FO)
Not even mentioned: 1 W(USO),2 F(AO,FO), 3 SF(FO,WB,USO)

S2
Dav picks for title: 2 F(FO,WB)
Favourites: 3 F(FO,WB,USO) , 1 SF(USO)
Contenders: 2 W(WB,USO), 1 SF(FO)
Dark Horses: 1 F(AO), 1 SF(FO)
Dangerous Floaters: 1 W(FO), 2 SF(AO,USO)
Not even mentioned: 1 W(AO),3 SF(AO,WBx2)

Overall
Dav picks for title: 2 F(FO S2,WB S2)
Favourites: 2 W(FO S1,WB S1), 4 F(FO S2,WB S1,WB S2,USO S2) , 3 SF(AO S1,USO S1,USO S2)
Contenders: 2 W(WB S2,USO S2), 1 F(USO S1), 2 SF(AO S1,FO S2).
Dark Horses: 1W (AO S1), 1 F(AO S2), 2 SF(WB S1,FO S2)
Dangerous Floaters: 1 W(FO S2), 3 SF(FO S1,AO S2,USO S2)
Not even mentioned: 2 W(USO S1,AO S2), 2 F(AO S1,FO S1), 6 SF(FO S1,WB S1,USO S1,AO S2,WBx2 S2)
So the conclusion is......the pick to win never wins but the others have their chances and it may vary.
Anyway, it doesn't matter at all at the end but at least Dav has improved a little in his predictions.
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 02:29 PM   #9
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

and maybe Jidkova will return to ATC.
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 02:36 PM   #10

Wow Ben, thanks for all that

I have a pretty good record
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 04:12 PM   #11
country flag Kevin.
Team USA ♥

Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute

wow tammy didnt even make it to dangerous floaters and she won last year
Doubles: Rank-15; Career High-12. Career Record: 108-114; Best Results: Winner: 2012-Wimbledon w/Kylger, 50k Lexington w/Kylger, 2011-Luxembourg w/drake1980;Finalist: 2012-San Diego w/Kylger, Moscow w/Kylger

Follow me on twitter!: www.twitter.com/kevintdillon
Kevin. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 06:25 PM   #12
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

Um. Why was Julie not included in the preview?

JULIE IS MAD.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 09:02 PM   #13

Tammy you'll be lucky to win a set if your current form keeps up! j/k

Julie would bring too much hotness to the preview, I had to think of the other girls
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 11:08 PM   #14
country flag MH0861

MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute

What gutter did LDL crawl out of to return to the tour?
MH0861 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2008, 12:39 AM   #15
country flag Farina Elia Fan
Team WTAworld

Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWLH View Post
and maybe Jidkova will return to ATC.
no maybe about it
Farina Elia Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote