2009 Schedule - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 7th, 2008, 02:55 AM   #1
country flag DAVAJ MKirilenko
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute
2009 Schedule

Quote:
Firstly, top 10-ranked players must compete in all four "Premier Mandatory" events: Indian Wells (hard courts), Miami (hard courts), Madrid (clay) and Beijing (hard courts).

Secondly, they must agree to compete in at least four out of five "Premier $2m" evennts: Dubai (hard courts), Rome (clay), Toronto (hard courts), Cincinnati (hard courts) and Tokyo (hard courts). Whichever of the five tournaments (if any) they do not play in a given year becomes mandatory for them the following year.

Thirdly, each top 10 player must compete in at least two "Premier $700k" events; one in each region of North America and Europe. These five events comprise of Paris (indoor hard courts), Charleston (clay), Stuttgart (clay), Stanford (hard courts) and Los Angeles (hard courts).

The new rules of 2009 is actually deciding Ana's schedule.
For sure Ana will play less than 20 tournaments, so I think it will look like this:

01. Brisbane........ ..220,000 January.. 05
02. Australian Open. 9,000,000 January.. 19
03. Paris........... ..700,000 February. 09
04. Dubai........... 2,000,000 February. 16
05. Indian Wells.... 4,500,000 March.... 11
06. Miami........... 4,500,000 March.... 25
07. Rome............ 2,000,000 May...... 04
08. Madrid.......... 4,500,000 May...... 11
09. Roland Garros... 9,000,000 May...... 25
10. Eastbourne...... ..600,000 June..... 15
11. Wimbledon....... 9,000,000 June..... 22
12. Stanford........ ..700,000 July..... 27
13. Cincinnati...... 2,000,000 August... 10
14. Toronto......... 2,000,000 August... 17
15. US Open......... 9,000,000 August... 31
16. Tokyo........... 2,000,000 September 28
17. Beijing......... 4,500,000 October.. 03
18. Doha............ 4,450,000 October.. 26

The 700K tournaments that are mentioned on Ana's site. It includes Charleston which is 1 Million. Shouldn't it include Moscow then as well? But probably she will 2 weeks off before Doha.
I'm not thinking she will play Stutgart. Skipping Rome for that can't be an option. And I also don't see her play 3 weeks in a row.
Instead of Stanford she can also play Charleston. That's about 50-50.

Not playing Stuttgart means: She has to play Paris.
Australian Open, Fed Cup, Paris and Dubai in a row seems a bit too much. In that case she might skip Dubai since she has to play 4 out of 5 tournaments.

1. Ana Ivanovic

2. Maria Kirilenko
3. Anastasija Sevastova
DAVAJ MKirilenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 7th, 2008, 03:05 AM   #2
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2009 Schedule

I posted about this in the other thread, but it's nice to have a thread to discuss the 2009 season.

I thought she wouldn't play Charleston, Paris, Stanford or Stuttgart, but with these rules, she has to play 2 of them. I agree with the schedule you just posted. I still don't think she will play Charleston, as I believe she will take some time off after Miami. If she skips one of the 2 million tourmanents it will either be Dubai or Cincinnati.

With all these rules, there's not much thinking to do with the schedule, they totally decided it for the top players.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 03:33 AM   #3
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
I posted about this in the other thread, but it's nice to have a thread to discuss the 2009 season.

I thought she wouldn't play Charleston, Paris, Stanford or Stuttgart, but with these rules, she has to play 2 of them. I agree with the schedule you just posted. I still don't think she will play Charleston, as I believe she will take some time off after Miami. If she skips one of the 2 million tourmanents it will either be Dubai or Cincinnati.

With all these rules, there's not much thinking to do with the schedule, they totally decided it for the top players.
Cincinnati is perfect scheduled for Ana.
It's just very strange that she has to choose between Paris and Stuttgart.

1. Ana Ivanovic

2. Maria Kirilenko
3. Anastasija Sevastova
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 05:45 AM   #4
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Pardon me,folks,but does anyone know whether the new Monterey tourney on the 2009 calendar is in the city in Mexico by that name...or the one in California??

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 12:31 PM   #5
country flag kinseh

kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of

Great to have a thread about her 2009 schedule.

I really hope she plays Eastbourne next year. Going into Wimbledon without any match preparation on grass this year was stupid, let's hope she learns from that.

The new rules are going to decide the schedules of the players.

Caroline Wozniacki | Laura Robson
-> Dementieva & Ivanovic <-

kinseh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 12:42 PM   #6
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

So I guess the silence means that no one knows in which country the Monterey tourney is located??

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 01:29 PM   #7
country flag The Daviator

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute

I think the Monterrey event is in Mexico

I think she'll play Charleston All the top men plays 3 clay events before RG, so I don't see why the women can't.
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 03:28 PM   #8
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daviator View Post
I think the Monterrey event is in Mexico

I think she'll play Charleston All the top men plays 3 clay events before RG, so I don't see why the women can't.
Thanks,'Daviator';although Ana pro'bly won't come,I'll try to attend this one.Most of our northern border or near-the-border towns are pretty shitty yet Monterey is an exception.The people are known for being cheap with their money but I suspect they'll make a good effort for the WTA

Old Sep 9th, 2008, 02:12 PM   #9
country flag Dinayer
Bazinga! I dont care

Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute

Madrid

cant wait to see Ana here in spain
Dinayer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2008, 01:24 PM   #10
country flag jonnyroyale_13

jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future

It seems like she hasnt made any decision between Stuttgart or Paris on her website.
jonnyroyale_13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2008, 12:48 AM   #11
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyroyale_13 View Post
It seems like she hasnt made any decision between Stuttgart or Paris on her website.
I can understand that. It's difficult.
Stuttgart means:
Stuttgart, Rome, Madrid, week off Roland Garros. That's 5 out of 6 weeks.

Paris might be better than. Fed Cup is not a whole week, but she has to travel more.
Australia, ?, Europe, Asia.

Ana is rarely playing 3 weeks so I understand why she doesn't like this situation.

Is it really needed to say to be glad about increasing the prize money? Like money is the most important now. Of course it's nice, but now it sounds like it's a motivation. She has already enough money for the rest of her life.

1. Ana Ivanovic

2. Maria Kirilenko
3. Anastasija Sevastova
Old Sep 11th, 2008, 02:26 AM   #12
country flag jonnyroyale_13

jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future

I guess really, one scenario(Paris) benefits her Roland Garros prep and the other (Stuttgart) might not. If her biggest prize now is Australian Open, then maybe Stuttgart would be better. Im happy with either choice.
jonnyroyale_13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2008, 02:18 AM   #13
country flag MarieC

MarieC is a splendid one to behold MarieC is a splendid one to behold MarieC is a splendid one to behold MarieC is a splendid one to behold MarieC is a splendid one to behold MarieC is a splendid one to behold MarieC is a splendid one to behold MarieC is a splendid one to behold MarieC is a splendid one to behold MarieC is a splendid one to behold MarieC is a splendid one to behold

Either one of those stretches is going to be tough so I can see why she's not happy about the Paris and Stuggart situations
MarieC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2008, 06:22 AM   #14
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieC View Post
Either one of those stretches is going to be tough so I can see why she's not happy about the Paris and Stuggart situations
I just don't get it. Moscow is a stronger tournament than both of them, but still she needs to play Paris or Stuttgart and it doesn't matter if she skips Moscow again.

1. Ana Ivanovic

2. Maria Kirilenko
3. Anastasija Sevastova
Old Sep 12th, 2008, 12:26 PM   #15
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Brisbane , Australian Open (2w), FED CUP , Paris , Dubai

SIX weeks in the row!? No way Ana will play shedule like this... so Paris is out even if she miss FED CUP.

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote