ana will rise again in the land of the rising sun - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 31st, 2008, 10:08 PM   #31
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ana will rise again in the land of the rising sun

I also think Ana was hitting her forehand to her side, and the follow through wasn't very good either. But I think the main problema at the Us Open was her focus. She didn't have that determined look she had at RG. I don't know if that is because of lack of confidence.. but she also let things get to her head. I think that overhead she missed at 4-2 deuce in the second set against Dushevina trew her out of the second set.. she totally lost concentration. And in the match against Coin there were 2 of those moments. The first was also a missed overhead, when she was serving at 3-3 deuce first set. She double faulted to concede the break and then couldn't even hold serve when trailing 5-3. The second moment was when she missed al 3 break points opportunities when 2-2 0-40. She got down on herself and lost 12 of the next 13 points. That was definetely because of lack of focus. It was a mental game.. and she needs to learn how to keep cool and overcome those moments. I thought she was getting quite good in that as she kept cool in RG during many moments, but since then everytime she loses some opportunities she either loses serve right after or has a lot of trouble to hold.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 31st, 2008, 10:16 PM   #32
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

I was looking at the entry list for Tokyo, and it's definitely a good oportunity for Ana to do well and regain confidence. I thought the Williams and Dementieva were going to play, but it seems that they aren't on the list.

1 - Ana Ivanovic
2 - Jelena Jankovic
3 - Svetlana Kuznetsova
4 - Dinara Safina
5 - Anna Chakvetadze
6 - Daniela Hantuchova
7 - Marion Bartoli
8 - Nadia Petrova
9 - Alize Cornet
10 - Na Li
11 - Nicole Vaidisova
12 - Caroline Wozniacki
13 - Shahar Peer
14 - Dominika Cibulkova
15 - Ai Sugiyama
16 - Amelie Mauresmo
17- Alisa Kleybanova
19 - Tamarine Tanasugarn
20 - Pauline Parmentier
21 - Casey Dellacqua
22 - Kaia Kanepi
23 - WC Aiko Nakamura
24 - WC Ayumi Morita
25 - Gold Exempt WC
4 Q

Last edited by gaviotabr : Aug 31st, 2008 at 10:23 PM.
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 10:35 PM   #33
country flag gaviotabr

And I guess for Beijing it will be about the same players.. other chinese girls probably..
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 11:11 PM   #34
country flag DAVAJ MKirilenko
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownTheLine21 View Post
I wonder why she would skip the Tier I of the indoor season to play another Tier II?
I thought you follow Ana already for a long time?
Ana never played Moscow. It mostly doesn't fit for her.
Last 2 year it was planned as playing 2 weeks, then Moscow off and playing 2 weeks.

Now she's going for Asia since Tokyo is moved. That will eliminate Stuttgart. But it do surprises me that she entered Linz. Although it would mean that Zurich was her only indoor tournament. So it's not that weird.

1. Ana Ivanovic

2. Maria Kirilenko
3. Anastasija Sevastova
DAVAJ MKirilenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 11:15 PM   #35
country flag DownTheLine21

DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanovic Fan!!!! View Post
I thought you follow Ana already for a long time?
Ana never played Moscow. It mostly doesn't fit for her.
Last 2 year it was planned as playing 2 weeks, then Moscow off and playing 2 weeks.

Now she's going for Asia since Tokyo is moved. That will eliminate Stuttgart. But it do surprises me that she entered Linz. Although it would mean that Zurich was her only indoor tournament. So it's not that weird.
I knew that she didn't play in 2006 or 2007, but I thought that, with the dates changing around this year, she might give it a shot.
Old Sep 1st, 2008, 05:01 AM   #36
country flag jonnyroyale_13

jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
I was looking at the entry list for Tokyo, and it's definitely a good oportunity for Ana to do well and regain confidence. I thought the Williams and Dementieva were going to play, but it seems that they aren't on the list.
Its a great chance for sure. Imagine one year ago if a tier one entry list looked like that, Ana would be sure favorite. Im feeling a turnaround coming very soon. Its kind of strange but after a horrific tournament it seems we already cant wait for her to play again. I miss the matchups of Ana versus Daniela Hantuchova. Their YEC match is one i can watch over and over.
jonnyroyale_13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2008, 05:20 AM   #37
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyroyale_13 View Post
I miss the matchups of Ana versus Daniela Hantuchova. Their YEC match is one i can watch over and over.
They are two beautiful angels who defy logic with their warmth and honest likability.

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

JUSTICIA PARA LAS NORMALISTAS!! Pena de muerte para todos los narcos en Mexico!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2008, 10:02 PM   #38
country flag kinseh

kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of

Nice thread title.

Let's hope Ana will have a good indoor season - and let's hope that her good form starts in Tokyo! Ajde!

Caroline Wozniacki | Laura Robson
-> Dementieva & Ivanovic <-

kinseh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2008, 12:53 AM   #39
country flag DownTheLine21

DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute

Let us remember....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNQ8F...eature=related
Old Sep 2nd, 2008, 02:13 AM   #40
country flag jonnyroyale_13

jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future

let us also remember...the PPO sushi plate I hope they still give this thing away, and Ana gets the big one.
jonnyroyale_13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2008, 09:04 AM   #41
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana IVANOVIC, herself
Onto Asia
August 30, 2008

I am obviously extremely disappointed with my performance at the US Open. It's been a very tough month or so and now I just want to look forward. For sure there is a lot to look forward to, with five more tournaments before the end of the season.

I was badly under-prepared in New York, because of my thumb injury. To just be able to play was a victory for me in some ways, but of course I am not happy with how things went on the court.

The good news is that I am now over this injury and I can practice normally again for the first time in what seems like a long time. If I can have a good preparation period in Europe over the next two weeks then I am confident of doing very well in Tokyo and Beijing.

There's no reason to panic. All these tough experiences make the victories sweeter, and I am now more motivated than ever to train hard.

Love
Ana

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2008, 09:23 AM   #42
country flag nenohal

nenohal is just really nice nenohal is just really nice nenohal is just really nice nenohal is just really nice nenohal is just really nice nenohal is just really nice nenohal is just really nice nenohal is just really nice nenohal is just really nice nenohal is just really nice nenohal is just really nice

Ana has been lately anything but spectacular and she's showing too many ups and downs in her form. This is the reason why I fancy JJ to finish the year as the world No.1 because she has more consistency than Ana.
Old Sep 2nd, 2008, 12:13 PM   #43
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Cp6uja's post with Ana's comments SOUNDS good,but it's one thing for her to SAY that she'll play with more poise and confidence--it's super easy to say that--it's something entirely different to actually DO it.After having reached #1,won RG in dominant fashion and received the praise & adulation of the tennis world,it doesn't make sense to me that her confidence would've plummeted so easily,and so low,before her recent losses(NOT counting the thumb-affected loss to Paszek).I'd love nothing more than for Ana to prove that this stretch in her career was a fluke that'll never re-surface.A winning,smiling Ana would be the great reward if this were true.

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

JUSTICIA PARA LAS NORMALISTAS!! Pena de muerte para todos los narcos en Mexico!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2008, 01:20 PM   #44
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army

BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post

1 - Ana Ivanovic
2 - Jelena Jankovic
3 - Svetlana Kuznetsova
4 - Dinara Safina
5 - Anna Chakvetadze
6 - Daniela Hantuchova
7 - Marion Bartoli
8 - Nadia Petrova
9 - Alize Cornet
10 - Na Li
11 - Nicole Vaidisova
12 - Caroline Wozniacki
13 - Shahar Peer
14 - Dominika Cibulkova
15 - Ai Sugiyama
16 - Amelie Mauresmo
17- Alisa Kleybanova
19 - Tamarine Tanasugarn
20 - Pauline Parmentier
21 - Casey Dellacqua
22 - Kaia Kanepi
23 - WC Aiko Nakamura
24 - WC Ayumi Morita
25 - Gold Exempt WC
4 Q
i think serena is playing this tournie as well since its on her website...so one more top name to add

I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2008, 01:33 PM   #45
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeAmWiLlIaMs View Post
i think serena is playing this tournie as well since its on her website...so one more top name to add
Now that you said it.. It's also on Dementieva's web. So I guess we can add them both.. weird that their names are not on the entry list at the PPO web..

Basicaly everybody is going to have the same schedule.. Ana has a slightly different one though. Ana is going to play PPO, China Open, then 2 weeks off, Zurich, Linz, one week off, and YEC. Most of the top players are planning on playing PPO, Sttutgart, Moscow, Zurich. I don't know how they will do it.. but both Jelena and Dinara are on the entry lists of PPO, China Open, Sttutgart, Moscow and Zurich. That's like 5 weeks of playing on a row.. and if Dinara plays the Fed Cup final, it would actually be 8 weeks of playing on a row!