ana will rise again in the land of the rising sun - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 31st, 2008, 05:58 PM   #16
country flag cowking

cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future
Re: ana will rise again in the land of the rising sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownTheLine21 View Post
I hope you're right, although she does have a final to defend here.

Also, what are the five tournaments that Ana speaks of with regards to her fall schedule?

01. Tokyo
02. Beijing
03. Moscow
04. Zurich
05. YEC

Is this correct?
I think she's playing Linz instead of Moscow. Unless she changed it?
cowking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 31st, 2008, 05:58 PM   #17
country flag Dexter
Team WTAworld
Polish & Serbian Kingdoms

Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute

There's no doubt that Ana will pick her form, it's just a matter when. Let's hope it starts in Tokyo. AJDE!

My travelling blog
Dexter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 05:58 PM   #18
country flag DownTheLine21
Looking for Title #9

DownTheLine21 has a brilliant future DownTheLine21 has a brilliant future DownTheLine21 has a brilliant future DownTheLine21 has a brilliant future DownTheLine21 has a brilliant future DownTheLine21 has a brilliant future DownTheLine21 has a brilliant future DownTheLine21 has a brilliant future DownTheLine21 has a brilliant future DownTheLine21 has a brilliant future DownTheLine21 has a brilliant future

I wonder why she would skip the Tier I of the indoor season to play another Tier II?

"Despite my disappointments, there is not a single doubt in my mind that I will reach the top again and win Grand Slams."
DownTheLine21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 06:02 PM   #19
country flag spiritedenergy

spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute

aDJe Ana!!
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 06:34 PM   #20
country flag The Daviator

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownTheLine21 View Post
I hope you're right, although she does have a final to defend here.

Also, what are the five tournaments that Ana speaks of with regards to her fall schedule?

01. Tokyo
02. Beijing
03. Moscow
04. Zurich
05. YEC

Is this correct?
Tokyo points came off in February I believe
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 06:39 PM   #21
Looking for Title #9

DownTheLine21 has a brilliant future DownTheLine21 has a brilliant future DownTheLine21 has a brilliant future DownTheLine21 has a brilliant future DownTheLine21 has a brilliant future DownTheLine21 has a brilliant future DownTheLine21 has a brilliant future DownTheLine21 has a brilliant future DownTheLine21 has a brilliant future DownTheLine21 has a brilliant future DownTheLine21 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daviator View Post
Tokyo points came off in February I believe
Now that you mention it, I'm sure that you're correct. This is great news. I was hoping that she could face as little pressure as possible in her next tournament.

"Despite my disappointments, there is not a single doubt in my mind that I will reach the top again and win Grand Slams."
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 07:40 PM   #22
SOA_MC

SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute

So Ana is not defending her Luxembourg title? I think that's a good actually the pressure defending a title is the last thing she needs now
SOA_MC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 07:43 PM   #23
Looking for Title #9

Luxembourg has been downgraded to Tier III status this year, correct?

Old Aug 31st, 2008, 07:48 PM   #24
country flag jonnyroyale_13

jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future

according to upcoming tournaments section its a tier III
i dont see any reason to defend tier 2's the following year anyway though, if the points are the same at a different tournament, go try something else. plus Luxembourg is so hard to watch with the weird camera angle
jonnyroyale_13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 07:53 PM   #25
Looking for Title #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyroyale_13 View Post
according to upcoming tournaments section its a tier III
i dont see any reason to defend tier 2's the following year anyway though, if the points are the same at a different tournament, go try something else. plus Luxembourg is so hard to watch with the weird camera angle
Yes. I was so frustrated with it last year.

Old Aug 31st, 2008, 08:01 PM   #26
SOA_MC

SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute

Whoops Didn't know Luxembourg was downgraded. After the last 2 months Ana will be hungry to attack the indoor season

Look out
SOA_MC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 08:26 PM   #27
Looking for Title #9

I was just rewatching the second set of the RG final. Ana played so brilliantly. Her forehand was on fire, but her rallying abilities were amazing as well. Basically everything about her game was so drastically different than what we saw at the USO this year. Hopefully she can get back to that level this fall.

Old Aug 31st, 2008, 08:31 PM   #28
country flag jonnyroyale_13

jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future

^hope so. For me i have to learn things the hard way, or i never learn. Failure can be rewarding in the long run.

question for anyone that wants it- what are some of the main problems in technique that you observe when errors are flying off Ana's forehand?
I watched both USO matches in foreign commentary, but my observation is that she was striking the ball from more to her side and not out in front like she does when its on. I cant really put it in good words Anyone have a good analysis, or what to look for on the errors when watching a match?
jonnyroyale_13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 08:31 PM   #29
country flag spiritedenergy

spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute

Ana come back yourself, don't let those wannabes steal your spotlight
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 08:40 PM   #30
Looking for Title #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyroyale_13 View Post
^hope so. For me i have to learn things the hard way, or i never learn. Failure can be rewarding in the long run.

question for anyone that wants it- what are some of the main problems in technique that you observe when errors are flying off Ana's forehand?
I watched both USO matches in foreign commentary, but my observation is that she was striking the ball from more to her side and not out in front like she does when its on. I cant really put it in good words Anyone have a good analysis, or what to look for on the errors when watching a match?
Yeah. She's not hitting her forehand properly, but I think that the problems are due to rest and a lack of confidence. I'm sure that her team will be working on the forehand side extensively in the weeks leading up to Tokyo. When her forehand is "on," it's extremely reliable and penetrates the court beautifully. But, as we've seen, when it's off...