ana will rise again in the land of the rising sun - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 29th, 2008, 11:01 AM   #1
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute
ana will rise again in the land of the rising sun

you heard it here first
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 29th, 2008, 12:03 PM   #2
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ana will rise again in the land of the rising sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
you heard it here first
Azdaja,I've enjoyed your insights and comments more than most everyone else's since you seem to have such keen insight into Ana.

Right now it's virtually impossible for me to even reach this page(got lucky).It could be a local 'Mexico problem' but I suspect that Ana's shocking loss created such a buzz that Tennis Forum can't handle the volume of traffic...the site has been a real disorganized clusterf..k for the last day or so

Ana is the most enigmatic #1 ever and the only athlete she can even compare to is Mike Tyson...NOT as a person,thank God...but she has the talent to be maybe the best ever(certainly current #1)...and yet she loses badly to players that my sister could beat(like Tyson lost title to journeyman Buster Douglas)

I agree with people who say that Sven is NOT the problem,but I feel that Ana needs an additional voice who can focus solely on getting her MENTALLY sharper because,right now,she looks VERY much like the weakest #1 ever in terms of cerebral fortitude.Still,it's SOOO much fun to be an Ana fan...the highs and lows make this beautiful Queen so human and she's TONS more exciting than the boring Graf ever was.

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2008, 03:06 PM   #3
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Nice title for next Title

Ana won grand slam in Europe (+ one GS final and tier-I title) and reach grand slam final in Australia. In America she won two tier-I titles and 2006 US Open series... so now it's time for her Asian breaktrough and big success. Injury prevent her to shine at Beijing Olympics, but she will be probably ready for Tokyo to finish what she started in 2007, and of course she will rocks in 2008 YEC in Doha.

aDJe™ Ana

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2008, 03:14 PM   #4
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post

Nice title for next Title

aDJe™ Ana
Yeah,it IS a great title--exactly what we'd expect from Azdaja....Now we just need to see this title FULFILLED as Ana gets back on a positive track.

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?
Old Aug 29th, 2008, 03:17 PM   #5
country flag spiritedenergy

spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute

what's wrong with the forum today? 90% of the times it gives only the top banner...

Anyways, Ana will shine under the Rising Sun and the Celestial Empire!!!

Go Ana trash them all
Old Aug 29th, 2008, 03:22 PM   #6
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritedenergy View Post
what's wrong with the forum today? 90% of the times it gives only the top banner...
You didn't hear??Tennis Forum uses cheap,inexpensive Mexican-made cables and wires for their computer hardware;therefore,the connection sucks

Seriously,I've wondered that Ana's loss caused an explosion of visitors and T.F. was just VERY poorly prepared for it(big surprise,huh?) Even the 'haters' need to talk about Ana cuz,though they're too proud to admit it,they actually love her.

Old Aug 29th, 2008, 10:15 PM   #7
country flag The Daviator

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck in Asia Ana Hopefully she'll do better with all the pressure now off.
Old Aug 29th, 2008, 10:37 PM   #8
country flag dybbuk

dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute

Ajde.
dybbuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 09:50 AM   #9
country flag cindy

cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute

here is what rafa nadal said about ana and her tennis right now. I think it's cute and supporting so I post it

"Q. Ana came in today. It was disappointing for her. She came in as No. 1, and there was a lot of talk about her about just coming in with the pressure of being No. 1.
RAFAEL NADAL: For Ana?

Q. Yeah. Do you feel that when you come in, especially when it's something that you just achieved and expectations are a lot higher of you, can that be difficult to deal with at times?
RAFAEL NADAL: I think it is different case of Ana and me. Ana is probably -- last year she start doing very well; this year she is continuing doing very well, no?
So she played the final of Australia, she did very well in Roland Garros. After one win like this, like in Roland Garros, after your first Grand Slam title, the normal thing is going a little bit down, no?
I think it's not for the No. 1, because you feel alive. I don't know. You feel a little bit alive when you win your first Grand Slam, so that's normal for her.
But I think she's very good and she going to continuing doing very well."

sasha cohen sheva sergei fedorov andrei pavel

kimi raikkonen F1 world champion 2007

“Do not pray for an easy life, pray to be a strong person.” Nadia Comaneci
cindy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 10:59 AM   #10
country flag bruce goose

Well,I lived in the U.S. for so many years without speaking Spanish that my grammar has suffered quite a bit;however,I do teach English to my countryfolk and can tell you that Rafa speaks it like a babbling drunk...he ain't gonna get any endorsements in the U.S. with that gibberish....Nevertheless,let's hope that his motives were pure in sticking up for Ana.She's such a charming,lovable person that I think that the media will be gentler with HER than they might've been if Hingis--who made her share of enemies as #1--had lost this way

Old Aug 30th, 2008, 08:04 PM   #11
country flag lilimi

lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritedenergy View Post

Anyways, Ana will shine under the Rising Sun and the Celestial Empire!!!

Go Ana trash them all
OMG; i thought it was firefox 3 that was down
concerning Ana, of course she will be back, she is still young.
i don't think the number one spot is a problem for her. she must be tired mentally and physically. i think she put pressure on herself to win her first slam to prove she is a champion as some doubted she had the guts to win a slam. She won the French Open, and maybe lost a bit of motivation. but the problem in WTA, is that you don't have time to regroup yourself, to enjoy your biggest victories, because ther is always another tournament.
Ana will handle better those things, and very soon because she is a clever and positive girl. As soon as she'll regain motivation, that she'll set new goals for herself, and be on top form physically, she'll kick everyone ass on courts
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 09:19 PM   #12
country flag jonnyroyale_13

jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future jonnyroyale_13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post

aDJe™ Ana

Cmon Ana!!
jonnyroyale_13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 02:50 PM   #13
country flag bruce goose

Most of you are too young to remember this(I was just a little kid myself),but you can research this and you'll see it's true.There was a stretch from the mid-70s-1980 when Navratilova CONTINUALLY melted down and sprayed errors everywhere in tight matches vs. Evert.To her credit,Martina realized that she couldn't just 'wait for her confidence to return' or 'get back in match rhythm';these are some of the NON-solutions that people have suggested for Ana.I'll bet you that Henin could stretch out and get her body loose for a few minutes...and then beat Coin in straight sets without having picked up a racket for months...Serena could do the same.

My point is that sports counselling has helped MANY top athletes get where they are;there's no shame in it.Ana wouldn't sit on a couch and tell some shrink a dream about clouds she had in her childhood.NO,the sports counsellor is almost always a former athlete--with a little counselling background,of course--who can teach someone,based on first-hand experience,how to handle those pressure situations.Martina trained with gringa basketball legend Nancy Lieberman who helped her workout preparations AND,more importantly,showed her how to still her nerves when facing Evert....Martina credits this for her legendary streak of dominance.

From a results standpoint,it is INEXCUSABLE that Ana should lose badly to players of Coin's caliber.She should NOT lack confidence after winning RG,and other major tourneys,and achieving world #1.Maybe she WILL have a great Asian season(I sure hope so),but this problem will NOT go away for Ana.It'll KEEP coming back,OVER and OVER again,unless she takes CORRECTIVE action as Martina did.This is NOT that complicated.A good sports counsellor would NOT subvert Sven's positive coaching influence or authority,and Ana wouldn't have to change her style of play or become a different person.Again,look at the list of sports champions who vouch for this(Navrat is just one example);I'm SURE this would help Ana adjust so much better on those days when her shots aren't falling so easily,and this would lead to more unshakable confidence for her.

Old Aug 31st, 2008, 05:49 PM   #14
country flag DownTheLine21

DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daviator View Post
Good luck in Asia Ana Hopefully she'll do better with all the pressure now off.
I hope you're right, although she does have a final to defend here.

Also, what are the five tournaments that Ana speaks of with regards to her fall schedule?

01. Tokyo
02. Beijing
03. Moscow
04. Zurich
05. YEC

Is this correct?
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 05:56 PM   #15
country flag mure

mure has a brilliant future mure has a brilliant future mure has a brilliant future mure has a brilliant future mure has a brilliant future mure has a brilliant future mure has a brilliant future mure has a brilliant future mure has a brilliant future mure has a brilliant future mure has a brilliant future

she'll play at Linz and not Moscow..not sure when exactly
mure is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote