US Open 2008 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 26th, 2008, 07:38 AM   #1
country flag ViennaCalling
Team WTAworld
Lounge Owner

ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute
US Open 2008

Tamira´s got a pretty good draw IMO.

In the first round she defeated Kirilenko (22) 6-3 3-6 6-4

Next up is Rybarikova (SVK).

Good luck Mimi, kick her ass

Tamira PASZEK
Na LI - Francesca SCHIAVONE - Roberta VINCI
Tamira's backhand, Roby's slice, Galina's dropshot

ViennaCalling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 26th, 2008, 09:39 AM   #2
Team WTAworld
Lounge Owner

ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US Open 2008

Tamira after the match: "I´m so happy, this is my first Grand Slam Win in 2008. In the third set i never had the feeling that i could lose this match. The tournament has started now and i want to be a part of it for a very long time".

About Rybarikova: "I played against her at the Wimby-Junior-Semifinal when i lost in three sets. She mixes it up very well, but i´m ready, feel comfortable and after this win i have huge confidence".

Tamira PASZEK

Old Aug 26th, 2008, 12:01 PM   #3
country flag ms. double fault

ms. double fault is a glorious beacon of light ms. double fault is a glorious beacon of light ms. double fault is a glorious beacon of light ms. double fault is a glorious beacon of light ms. double fault is a glorious beacon of light ms. double fault is a glorious beacon of light ms. double fault is a glorious beacon of light ms. double fault is a glorious beacon of light ms. double fault is a glorious beacon of light ms. double fault is a glorious beacon of light ms. double fault is a glorious beacon of light

good win against kirilenko^^ nice to see her being full of confidence again!! c'mon tamira, kick rybarikova's ass!!!
ms. double fault is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 01:19 PM   #4
country flag Aravanecaravan
The Aravane Caravan

Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute

It's nice to see that Tamira has confidence. She should--in the past few weeks she has beaten Schiavone, Ivanovic and Kirilenko, all of whom are in the top 25 I believe. They might not have been at their best, but neither was Tamira, so that should be encouraging to her. I just hope she stays consistent and focused and concentrates on one match at a time.

Garbiñe Muguruza * Julia Goerges * Heidi El Tabakh * Sania Mirza * Louisa Chirico * Tamira Paszek

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
Aravanecaravan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 04:08 PM   #5
The Aravane Caravan

Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute

Damn it. Why can't she put 2 matches in a row together anymore?

Makes no sense.

But it does show that without improving her serve, she is not going to improve her ranking.

Does she fall out of the top 100 now?

Garbiñe Muguruza * Julia Goerges * Heidi El Tabakh * Sania Mirza * Louisa Chirico * Tamira Paszek

Old Aug 27th, 2008, 04:22 PM   #6
country flag ms. double fault

ms. double fault is a glorious beacon of light ms. double fault is a glorious beacon of light ms. double fault is a glorious beacon of light ms. double fault is a glorious beacon of light ms. double fault is a glorious beacon of light ms. double fault is a glorious beacon of light ms. double fault is a glorious beacon of light ms. double fault is a glorious beacon of light ms. double fault is a glorious beacon of light ms. double fault is a glorious beacon of light ms. double fault is a glorious beacon of light

yeah its a pitty!! i was almost certain she would manage this... she now has 481 points, 481 - 125 (points she will lose) = 356 ==> ranking number 96. but of course, not taken account of other players that will change position. so, it doesnt look good indeed.. must be very disappointing for her..
ms. double fault is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 05:47 PM   #7
The Aravane Caravan

Well, I don't think she has anything more to lose the rest of the year, so if she plays some tournaments in the fall season, she has a chance to get some points back. And next year couldn't possibly be any worse, so she has tons of points she can make up in the slams (1R-1R-1R-2R) Still, this was a very wasted year for Tamira, and at this point there's almost no indication that her game has evolved. I really hope that she works hard on her serve now that the slam season is over.

She is quickly becoming my favorite player, or at least a co-fave with Sharapova, and it's making me physically sick to see her play that way.

Old Aug 27th, 2008, 08:38 PM   #8
Team WTAworld
Lounge Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Heart Masha View Post
Well, I don't think she has anything more to lose the rest of the year, so if she plays some tournaments in the fall season, she has a chance to get some points back. And next year couldn't possibly be any worse, so she has tons of points she can make up in the slams (1R-1R-1R-2R) Still, this was a very wasted year for Tamira, and at this point there's almost no indication that her game has evolved. I really hope that she works hard on her serve now that the slam season is over.

She is quickly becoming my favorite player, or at least a co-fave with Sharapova, and it's making me physically sick to see her play that way.
I understand you It was a hard year for Mimi and her fans, the worst was the loss against Jankovic, somehow it destroyed her season

But next year she has NOTHING to defend (except a QF in Montreal ) and maybe that was the famous year after the break-trough-year. She is still 17 and i hope that Lari Passos will work hard with her. I read today that she had a training with Passos right after her win against Kirilenko - for that reason she came delayed to the press conference

BTW It´s cool that you like Tamira´s game as much as me

Tamira PASZEK

Old Aug 27th, 2008, 09:02 PM   #9
Team WTAworld
Lounge Owner

At least something positive today: Tamira won with Tathiana Garbin (ITA) her first doubles match on the tour

They defeated Kirilenko/Pennetta (RUS/ITA/15) 4-6 6-3 6-4

Tamira PASZEK

Old Aug 27th, 2008, 09:32 PM   #10
country flag ninja_man

ninja_man is just really nice ninja_man is just really nice ninja_man is just really nice ninja_man is just really nice ninja_man is just really nice ninja_man is just really nice ninja_man is just really nice ninja_man is just really nice ninja_man is just really nice ninja_man is just really nice ninja_man is just really nice

yeah, its only small consolation though who do they play next?
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 09:36 PM   #11
Team WTAworld
Lounge Owner

Ditty and some other American player, didn´t remember the name.

Tamira PASZEK

Old Aug 28th, 2008, 10:48 AM   #12
The Aravane Caravan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViennaCalling View Post
I understand you It was a hard year for Mimi and her fans, the worst was the loss against Jankovic, somehow it destroyed her season

But next year she has NOTHING to defend (except a QF in Montreal ) and maybe that was the famous year after the break-trough-year. She is still 17 and i hope that Lari Passos will work hard with her. I read today that she had a training with Passos right after her win against Kirilenko - for that reason she came delayed to the press conference

BTW It´s cool that you like Tamira´s game as much as me

Yeah, it's funny. The first time I saw her was when she won the title in Portoroz, and she saved something like 6 set points in one game, and every shot seemed like it was on the baseline, and I was impressed at how fearless she was. Then I saw her play Henin at the French Open and I was hooked. She reminds me a lot of Maria, I guess, in terms of how she can forget the last point and focus on the next one and not worry about the score. I think she is pretty tough mentally. Which is why I don't understand results like this one.

Maybe playing some doubles at the USO will help her with her net game. It can't hurt. It might even give her some confidence in volleying rather than waiting for the ball to drop like she does so often.

I think she is still under age restrictions on the number of tourneys she can play but I hope she will play a few events this fall and train hard to get ready for 2009. Let's hope she comes out ready to play!