Julie Coin ! - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 31st, 2008, 09:17 AM   #31
country flag janko

janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Julie Coin !

another interesting article :

Who Is Julie Coin?
Friday, August 29, 2008
By Aimee Berg

When Julie Coin ousted top-seeded Ana Ivanovic in Arthur Ashe Stadium on Thursday, the player's box was stocked with her old college cronies. Among them was Nancy Harris, the coach who recruited her to play for Clemson University.

"How many times are you going to see your player play No. 1 in the world?" Harris said of the decision to fly up to see her protégée beat Ivanovic 6-3, 4-6, 6-3. As for the upset? "We're so tickled. So tickled," Harris said.

Harris felt that the key to Coin's victory was her composure. "She was extremely focused," she said. "She always had the ability to play through her nerves, but it was painful to watch because you knew how nervous she was. It was a huge barrier."

Coin had been working with a sports psychologist since December and said after the match, “I guess now the work that we did together starts to pay off."

It took Coin several years to make her first Grand Slam singles draw, and now she will go down in history as the lowest ranked woman, at 188, to topple a reigning world No. 1 in the Open era. "When I was younger, to beat a girl just one ranking higher than I was, it took me like six months every time because I was like, 'She's better ranked than me so she's better,'" Coin said.

Coin's next opponent is another Frenchwoman who has a history of succumbing to nerves: Amelie Mauresmo.

"She's from my region," Coin said, but, "I don't know her game. I've never played her."

"It's a lot of pressure for the top players," Coin said of Mauresmo, who, like Ivanovic, had once been ranked No. 1 in the world. "For [qualifiers], everything is a bonus if we win," she said, and therefore hopes to retain the same attitude on Saturday as she did on Thursday: "Just enjoying the moment."

At Clemson, Coin was team captain for two of her three years (2003-05) there. She also led the team to two NCAA semifinals and was a 2004 singles semifinalist as a junior. According to Harris, the University of Nevada-Las Vegas was also interested in Coin, but Coin's boyfriend at the time was also playing for Clemson which made the decision somewhat easier.

"We were really very lucky," coach Harris said. "I knew she had the potential to be top 60 in the world. We tried to plant seeds, and little by little she started to believe."

Coin, 25, also credited her parents for supporting her career. "They just told me to follow your dream."

On Saturday, Coin's dream continues in the fourth round. If she defeats the No. 23-ranked Mauresmo, she stands to take home at least $46,000, which would exceed her career earnings leading up to the US Open.

Earlier this year, Coin had been pondering retirement, but her recent success may prompt her to rethink her decision. Either way, she said, "I have a bachelors' in mathematical sciences, so I'm not lost, I think."
janko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 31st, 2008, 04:47 PM   #32
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, she did well. There's a lot of talent there, I think she was mentally tired - that was her 6th match of the tournament. But a great tournament and it will be interesting to see what happens in her next few tournies. She has to be so confident. Possibly she can break the top 100 by the end of this year if she continues to play well maybe?
Slutiana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2008, 12:59 PM   #33
country flag janko

janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Julie on a new career high ranking of #130

Anyone knows where she's gonna play next? last year she played itf's in Japan and in France.

So far I've just seen she'll be in 25k Madrid on hard next week where she could be seeded 2, quite a clever choice, if she's staying in Europe, I think she'll be in Nantes, Joué les Tours, Saint Raphael and Poitiers.

Any infos???
Old Sep 8th, 2008, 03:37 PM   #34
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

After Madrid, Shrewsbury (UK) 75k in qualies :
http://www.itftennis.com/womens/tour...order=Position
Lighter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2008, 03:45 PM   #35
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Julie. Keep it up.
Old Sep 16th, 2008, 01:16 PM   #36
country flag janko

Julie is making her return in Madrid, she's the 1st seed of a 25k, playing against compatriot Claire Feuerstein in the 1st round, this could be a tricky match.

She's also playing doubles partnering Irena Pavlovic.

Good luck!
Old Sep 17th, 2008, 08:11 PM   #37
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

1st round Madrid : Julie Coin def Claire Feuerstein : 6-2 6-0

Easy win for Julie. Hope she'll get the title.

2nd round vs K. Mraz who is also French
Old Sep 17th, 2008, 08:38 PM   #38
country flag Slutiana

Allez.
Old Sep 18th, 2008, 06:40 PM   #39
country flag Lighter

R2 Madrid : Julie COIN (FRA) (1) def Karla MRAZ (FRA) 7-5 6-3
Old Sep 18th, 2008, 06:50 PM   #40
country flag Slutiana

Well done. Keep it up.
Old Sep 18th, 2008, 06:55 PM   #41
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, Julie.

but the scoreline vs Mraz
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2008, 06:46 PM   #42
country flag Lighter

Bad new :
Frederica PIEDADE (POR) (8) defeated Julie COIN (FRA) (1) 6-7(7) 6-4 6-2

Next tournament : Shrewsbury (UK)
Old Sep 19th, 2008, 07:34 PM   #43
country flag Slutiana

well im sure it must have knocked her motivation playing a 25k right after beating th worlds no.1 at least she splaying a 75k next. Allez.
Old Sep 20th, 2008, 11:08 AM   #44
country flag janko

at the lost match against Piedade.

But at her last match, winning the doubles with Irena Pavlovic.

Still ending on a positive note.

Good luck in England!
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 02:19 PM   #45
country flag Lighter

Shewsbury 1st round MD :

Julie Coin (FRA) v Johanna Larsson (SWE)