Victoria Muntean - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 14th, 2011, 09:36 AM   #1
country flag Zin

Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Victoria Muntean

Well, I know this thread may be a little premature, but Victoria Muntean, who just turned 14 (b. 23/01/97), won her first WTA (qualies) match, easily beating Dominikovic, a top 500 player, 64 64. She will now face Kateryna Bondarenko Hope she'll win some games.

She is clearly one of our best hopes for the future, so let's cheer for her!

A video interview of Victoria for those who want to know what she looks like: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xhg...r-sophie_sport

Last edited by Zin : May 14th, 2011 at 09:53 AM.
Zin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 14th, 2011, 10:38 AM   #2
country flag améliemomo

améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Victoria Muntean

I didnt know much about Victoria neither but man what a great result she just had there

She's from Lorraine so that explains her wild card there. Congrats to her.

Good luck against Bondarenko. Just enjoy being there!

Actual Gourou of the "New French Armada"

my blog about french tennis future with the young french guns cominghttp://sheenatennis.canalblog.com/
améliemomo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 06:38 PM   #3
country flag améliemomo

améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute

Victoria is playin Hechingen qualies this week (25K)

she reached third round with a good win over Jessica Ginier

Q1: Victoria Muntean (FRA) def Catrin Levers (GER) 6-2 6-1
Q2: Victoria Muntean (FRA) def Jessica Ginier (FRA) [8] 7-6(4) 6-1
Q3: Victoria Muntean (FRA) vs Danielle Harmsen (NED) [11]

one more to go so Allez!

my blog about french tennis future with the young french guns cominghttp://sheenatennis.canalblog.com/
Old Aug 29th, 2011, 08:23 PM   #4
country flag Zin

Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of

Victoria got a WC in Mamaia ($25K), which means she'll have her first ranking in two weeks. She'll be the 2nd 1997 born girl after Bencic to do so! (plus she has a very winnable first round against an unranked girl). With already 2 wins over top 500 players this year and the 13-14 y.o. French Championships easily won, we can say for sure that this girl has a lot of talent and a bright future ahead of her, I would say as much as Cornet and Mladenovic had at her age.

I hope now that she'll focus more on junior tournaments (she already played 6 pro tournaments this year and only one junior!). I know she probably wanted to have a pro ranking before the end of the year, what she will soon achieve, but success in junior tournaments would boost her confidence and allow her to take part in junior grand slams, where I hope to see her soon

Last edited by Zin : Jan 7th, 2012 at 12:58 PM.
Old Aug 31st, 2011, 05:05 PM   #5
country flag améliemomo

Victoria lost 6-1 1-6 6-7(4) to Diana Marcu(ROU)

I agree with you she must play more on Junior tour.Wanting to go too high too fast is not good.Step by step but she surely has big talent.

Old Jan 6th, 2012, 01:29 PM   #6
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Victoria started 2012 in a good fashion as she has just reached the SF of a G3 tournament. A wise decision to play juniors in my opinion. She's a bit young to compete at a high level in ITF whereas being ranked among top 100 in juniors is totally up to her.
Keep going!

2012 G3 1º Torneo Internacional Junior de Pontevedra, Pontevedra (ESP) 03 Jan-08

R1: [WC] Victoria Muntean (FRA) def. [2] Alice Matteucci (ITA) 5-7 7-5 6-2
R2: [WC] Victoria Muntean (FRA) def. Olaya Garrido Rivas (ESP) 7-5 6-0
QF: [WC] Victoria Muntean (FRA) def. Francesca Gariglio (ITA) 6-2 7-5

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 08:06 PM   #7
country flag améliemomo

I didnt know she got the wc but yeah great decision playing junior

allez victoria!

Old Jan 19th, 2012, 06:40 AM   #8
country flag Zin

An article about Muntean:http://www.republicain-lorrain.fr/sp...comme-victoria
Interesting, she is already on bad terms with the federation... I'm not sure that her isolation at 14 years old is a good idea. Not everyone can do a Bartoli-like career...

TENNIS | ESPOIRS 2012 (6/10)
Muntean, V comme Victoria
Coup d’œil quotidien sur les espoirs lorrains appelés à briller sur la scène nationale. Aujourd’hui, la championne de France minime en titre !

Victoria Muntean. Photo Laurent MAMI.
S a forme. Très bonne. Victoria Muntean, après un cycle d’entraînement très intense du côté de Sarrebourg, a débuté son année par des tournois internationaux juniors. Et ça a vite payé : en Espagne, elle a enchaîné deux épreuves et n’est tombée que contre deux joueuses classées dans les 200 meilleures du monde chez les juniors.
L’actualité. Muntean l’annonce. Elle ne privilégiera pas forcément les juniors, cette année, et même à quatorze ans, elle tentera sa chance sur le circuit professionnel. « Je jouerais les deux, avec un seul objectif ; donner le meilleur de moi-même à chaque fois. » Histoire de ne pas avoir de regrets, bien sûr, mais aussi pour augmenter ses classements mondiaux : elle n’est pas loin des 600 meilleures en juniors, et elle est déjà 1000 e chez les seniors.
Ses objectifs. Ils sont nombreux. Que ce soit au championnat de Lorraine ou au championnat de France, la Sarrebourgeoise viendra avec une seule idée en tête : « Gagner tout ce que je pourrai. » Avec, elle l’espère, une première participation en Grand Chelem junior du côté de Roland-Garros. « Pour cela, il faudra que je sois dans les 150 meilleures du monde. C’est jouable, en trois tournois, je suis passée 600 e. Mais pour entrer dans le tableau final, je devrais jouer -30. » -15 depuis le début de la saison, elle n’est pas si loin…
La concurrence. Elle sera étrangère avant tout. « Je les connais toutes », assure Victoria, qui sait qu’en France, elle est quasiment seule au monde. Et avec Fiona Ferro, l’autre -15 de son âge, elle a deux classements d’avance sur le reste du Top 10.
L’avis de Bernard Bonnet, l’entraîneur fédéral de la Ligue. « Victoria est très forte. Même en juniors, c’est déjà une très bonne joueuse. Mais je ne sais pas si leur stratégie de vivre à l’écart des meilleures Françaises est une bonne chose. A un moment ou un autre, l’aide d’un référent technique pourrait accélérer sa progression. Sans, bien sûr, évincer l’esprit familial de la structure. »
Notre conclusion. Bien sûr, Victoria Muntean, après avoir refusé une sélection en équipe de France, proposée par la Direction Technique Nationale, s’est mise en marge de la structure fédérale. Mais la progression folle qu’elle connaît depuis deux ans est son meilleur avocat : à quatorze ans, elle est numéro 1 française de sa catégorie et fait partie des espoirs nationaux sur lesquels la nation se repose le plus.
Demain :
Sophie Muntean
Michaël PERRET.

Last edited by Zin : Jan 19th, 2012 at 06:46 AM.
Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 06:32 PM   #9
country flag sexador

sexador is just really nice sexador is just really nice sexador is just really nice sexador is just really nice sexador is just really nice sexador is just really nice sexador is just really nice sexador is just really nice sexador is just really nice sexador is just really nice sexador is just really nice

I think their parents are foreign,bcz her name does not appear French, or I am wrong?
sexador is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2012, 10:41 AM   #10
country flag améliemomo

yes her parents are from Romania, she was born in Belgium but came to France very young. Her little sister Sophie is 12.

Old Mar 25th, 2012, 02:29 PM   #11
country flag sexador

sexador is just really nice sexador is just really nice sexador is just really nice sexador is just really nice sexador is just really nice sexador is just really nice sexador is just really nice sexador is just really nice sexador is just really nice sexador is just really nice sexador is just really nice

Thanks for your kindness
sexador is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2012, 09:41 AM   #12
country flag améliemomo

Old Oct 21st, 2012, 01:42 PM   #13
country flag elba

elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of

2. round qualificaton 100.000$ Poitierts (FRA) Anna Karolina Schmiedlova - Victoria Muntean 63 62
seen in live streaming:

Good game despite defeat, her game is promising, she should come in the next two years in near TOP 100.
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 05:53 PM   #14
country flag améliemomo

let's hope!

Old Jan 10th, 2013, 10:16 PM   #15
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Victoria is off to a good start this year! She has reached QF of the first of the long Antalya 10k series in Turkey. She's defeated 7th seed and faces Melis Sezer now. The Turkish player is ranked 414th so that's going to be a good test for her!
She has also received a WC for next week's tournament, so no pressure on her shoulders tomorrow.
Allez !

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote