CRO girls on US open 2008 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 19th, 2008, 08:00 PM   #31
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: CRO girls on US open 2008

jelena lost wasted 4 match points against yonemura... but in PYW 3-6 7-6 6-1
she had match points when she led 5-3, 5-4, 6-5, and when was 6-6.

it's better that she won real match 4-6 6-3 6-3, bravo jele!!!
ana played against grandin, suppose that than han withdraw. she lost 6-3 6-1.
Advertisement

Old Aug 19th, 2008, 08:30 PM   #32
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

ana was a complete disaster out there. Jele really picked up her game. Yone was going for some huge shots, but jele was too consistent in the end. So far, I have a few pictures of jele and a video of match point
Old Aug 19th, 2008, 09:54 PM   #33
country flag roxi

roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
ana was a complete disaster out there. Jele really picked up her game. Yone was going for some huge shots, but jele was too consistent in the end. So far, I have a few pictures of jele and a video of match point
If you have time please write full report and upload that video if you can!!!Tnx
Old Aug 20th, 2008, 07:59 AM   #34
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Only 2 of our girls got to the second round I really hoped for something better. Sprem needs to get back on track ASAP, and both Ozegovic and Vrljic blew a chance to get back to top200 yesterday Hope for better news today from Petra, she plays 5th match after 17:00 CET (11AM local) on court 5.
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2008, 08:57 AM   #35
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

i'm so disappointed with klina. after this draw i didn't expect that she would pass q draw, but at least i hope she could win against spears. croat can you tell us what happen wiht sprem? i believe that martic could pass in MD.
klinaaaaaaaaaaa
Old Aug 20th, 2008, 01:02 PM   #36
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

today, i will try to provide more live commentary in here (off my phone)
Pandzic v. Yonemura
I don't think Jele knew what hit her in the beginning of the match. Yonemura was just slapping winners left and right. Her forehand cross-court was devastating. Jele was actually very lucky in the first game she won - she tried to hit a moonball, but misshit it and it clipped the top of the net and then she had a misshit lob winner. However, after being down 1-5, Jele started reading Yonemura's game better. Even though Yonemura was able to serve out the set, Jele was in control of the match. Every now and then, Yonemura would connect on a few big shots in a row, but Jelena was just too consistent in the end. Jele's forehand improved as the match went on. I felt like she wasn't really confident in the shot early on and a lot of her forehands were landing short. In the end, Jele just got too many balls back and her backhand was too powerful for Yonemura to handle. She'll have to get a quicker start to her next matches if she wants to qualify, but I think she has a chance.
Vrljic v. Grandin
I got there at 3-4, bp Ana. From there, this was a complete disaster. It's embarrassing that someone who is a good 15 kilos overweight can just beat ana so easily. Ana wasn't patient at all. She just went for winners the whole time and all her opponent had to do was get the ball back.
Sprem v. Spears
Karolina served well, but that was about it. Her movement was very bad and her return was probably the worst part of her game. I don't think she got even half of Spears' serves back into play. Good luck breaking when your opponent is automatically up at least 30-0 or 40-0 every game because you can't get the serve back. And it's not like Spears was serving bombs. Her serve was decent, but Karolina should at least be getting more balls back into play. Karolina also had some crazy misses while trying to put the ball away. She really struggled with short low balls (which she always missed). She also had an easy high forehand when she was down bp in the second and she actually hit the back fence with it. All in all a terrible match. I left when I saw Sanda starting in the court over.
Mamic v. Ferguson
Sanda made my day. The first set showed by far the highest quality play I'd seen all day. She was serving well and had great variety off both the forehand and backhand, mixining in topspin, slice, and flat shots. Some of her flat backhand angles were amazing. She also surprised Ferguson by flattening out some forehands down the line after a long topspin cross court rally. Sanda also came in to net a lot. Sanda had some chances early in the second set to get up a break, but Ferguson came up with some big forehands. Sanda's serve and forehand then deserted her. She hit some terrible double faults (half way up the net). Luckily, Sanda was able to get back her focus in the third which was a pretty good quality set from both. Sanda saved two match points. One with a big serve. The other was a long rally. Sanda hit a backhand that must have clipped the back half of the line and eventually she forced the error (it might have been the longest rally in the match). Sanda started off the tiebreak with some greast serving. However, when she had to close out the match, she hit two double faults. Luckily, Sanda still had one match point on the return. Ferguson serve and volleyed and Sanda knew Ferguson's backhand volley was going cross court because that's what Sophie did with all her backhand volleys. Sanda was waiting and hit a pass which Sophie was able to stab at. Sanda then her a forehand pass winner down the line to end the match. Great fight
I have pictures of Pandzic and Sprem and videos of Pandzic, Sprem, and Mamic (it was too dark to take pictures of Sanda without flash). Do you guys have any preferences for where I upload the videos? Youtube won't be good quality, but will be easier to watch, or I could use Megaupload.
Old Aug 20th, 2008, 01:16 PM   #37
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

You can upload it to dailymotion!
Glad that at least Sanda won!

I'm hoping for the same report from Martic match today!

Thank you for this!
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2008, 01:34 PM   #38
country flag croat123

today, i'm bringing a huge memory card. hopefully i'll be able to get a good portion of petra's match on tape
Old Aug 20th, 2008, 01:59 PM   #39
country flag croat123

files being uploaded right now...my username is croat123 and currently the only video is a very short vemic v. kendrick clip (vemic was a major asshole yesterday btw)
Old Aug 20th, 2008, 02:45 PM   #40
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Croat123, I hope it's not asking too much that (if you have a choice) you find a seat behind or in front of Petra, not from the side. Reason being, that when people take videos from the side of the court, camera shakes too much and it's really hard to see the actual point (i.e. where the shot went). Thnx in advance for everything
Old Aug 20th, 2008, 02:49 PM   #41
country flag croat123

i'll try to do that. jele's court didn't have seating in the back and i'm afraid petra's court might not have it either
all videos here! http://www.dailymotion.com/croat123
i'll hopefully post some commentary on the martic match as it happens
Old Aug 20th, 2008, 02:52 PM   #42
country flag croat123

vrljic played on petra's court yesterday. there's no seating for a tv camera view
Old Aug 20th, 2008, 03:08 PM   #43
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
vrljic played on petra's court yesterday. there's no seating for a tv camera view
I thought so Oh well, if you could at least be as far as possible from the net (and further away from the court), that would help But than again, being further from the court is better for filming than it is for watching live tennis
Old Aug 21st, 2008, 10:29 AM   #44
country flag roxi

roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future

Great report!!! Too bad only Sanda and Jele played well!!!
Old Aug 21st, 2008, 12:14 PM   #45
country flag ma re

Today their matches will probably overlap, since they both play 2nd match after 11AM local time, Jelena on court 7, Sanda on court 14.