S2 Week 14, Strasbourg, FRA, Tier II - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 17th, 2008, 05:43 PM   #1
country flag champion88

champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute
S2 Week 14, Strasbourg, FRA, Tier II

STRASBOURG

Welcome to Strasbourg, France - our last stop before the season's second Grand Slam. This is the last opportunity for players to boost their rankings for the seedings - and with the top 16 being seeded in Paris, there will certainly be a fight between the mid-ranked players here this week. Serena ascended to #1 last week - can she cement her position here in Strasbourg? Expect last week's Rome champ Golovin to do well in front of her home crowd.

Defending Champion : Elena Dementieva

Points to Defend

Dementieva - 250
Vaidisova - 160
Dulko - 90
S.Williams - 90
Jankovic - 50
Peer - 50
Olaru - 50
Ivanovic - 25
Sharapova - 25
Hantuchova - 25
V.Williams - 25
Safina - 25
Davenport - 10
Schnyder - 10
Hingis - 10
Salerni - 10
Safarova - 10
Capriati - 10
Golovin - 10

Draw

(1) S.Williams Vs. Bye
Wozniacki Vs. (PC) Pennetta
Seles Vs. (PC) Molik
Bye Vs. (12) Ivanovic
(11) Golovin Vs. Bye
(PC) Zheng Vs. Larcher-de-Brito
(PC) Mauresmo Vs. Shaughnessy
Bye Vs. (6) Cornet

(8) Dulko Vs. Bye
Peer Vs. Henin
Kirilenko Vs. V.Williams
Bye Vs. (9) Kuznetsova
(10) Safina Vs. Bye
Salerni Vs. Radwanska
Pivovarova Vs. Sanchez-Lorenzo
Bye Vs. (3) Olaru

(4) Vaidisova Vs. Bye
Capriati Vs. Domachowska
Tanasugarn Vs. Clijsters
Bye Vs. (14) Davenport
(15) Sharapova Vs. Bye
(PC) Zvonareva Vs. Rybarikova
Schnyder Vs. Hantuchova
Bye Vs. (5) Jankovic

(7) Kournikova Vs. Bye
Craybas Vs. Benesova
Dechy Vs. Wickmayer
Bye Vs. (16) Hingis
(13) Safarova Vs. Bye
Harkleroad Vs. Groenefeld
Tulyaganova Vs. Paszek
Bye Vs. (2) Dementieva

POINTS DUE TUESDAY 12PM
champion88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 17th, 2008, 05:54 PM   #2
Hashim.

Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: S2 Week 14, Strasbourg, FRA, Tier II

this is the tournament where JJ starting playing good tennis which means now i have to defend a lot of points
Old Aug 19th, 2008, 09:06 AM   #3
country flag Robshots

Robshots is a glorious beacon of light Robshots is a glorious beacon of light Robshots is a glorious beacon of light Robshots is a glorious beacon of light Robshots is a glorious beacon of light Robshots is a glorious beacon of light Robshots is a glorious beacon of light Robshots is a glorious beacon of light Robshots is a glorious beacon of light Robshots is a glorious beacon of light Robshots is a glorious beacon of light

SAFINA HOPING TO CONTINUE FORM IN STRASBOURG

Fresh off her maiden OWTT Final appearance Dinara Safina is hoping to continue the form that took her within one victory of her first title at Rome last week. Safina, an original tour member started season one in reasonable touch before a late season form slump which attracted plenty of doubters to her game. Since then she has worked hard and we may be beginning to see the fruits of her labour.

As the tour moves to Strasbourg our intrepid Robshots reporter tracked down the Russian to hear her thoughts on the upcoming tournament, life on the OWTT and all things Safina.

Dinara Safina trains hard in the lead up to Strasbourg Photo- http://www.robshots.com.au

Q: First of all congratulations on making the final in Rome, what does this mean to you?

A: Thankyou very much, it means a great deal and tells me my game is somewhere close to where I want it to be, it has given me belief that I can win that first title I have been wanting so much.

Q: Up until last week you had many critics saying you will never win a title, do you think that will change now?

A: No, they will keep saying it, and I guess it's up to me to prove them wrong, after all I had only made one semi final before last week so I have a lot to prove if I want to be a top contender.

Q: How are you adapting to the rigours of the OWTT?

A: I feel I am slowly getting into the groove and that I can adjust to my ever changing surroundings much better now, this helps me concentrate on my game much more.

Q: Do you have any goals for this season?

A: Well the obvious one is to win a tournament but abov all I want to be consistant and finsih the year in the top ten.

Q: What do you like to do in your spare time on the tour?

A: I have recently taken up skateboarding as well as my addiction to all games consoles and playing my guitar.

Q: Who do you see as the main chances in Strasbourg?

A: Hmmm so many! I have to say Tatiana as well as Serena and Elena ..... I have a feeling Alize may go well here but hopefully it's 2nd to me (laughs)

Q:Thanks for your time and good luck

A: No problems and thankyou

Robshots Media 2008
Old Aug 19th, 2008, 11:41 AM   #4
country flag .Andrew.

.Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute

Patty sending new points now.
.Andrew. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2008, 11:46 AM   #5
country flag champion88

champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute

Dinara

Quick Patty coz deadline was 12pm and want to do results now
Old Aug 19th, 2008, 11:51 AM   #6
country flag .Andrew.

.Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion88 View Post
Dinara

Quick Patty coz deadline was 12pm and want to do results now
They've been sent a couple of minutes ago.
.Andrew. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2008, 11:55 AM   #7
country flag champion88

Schnyder's new set of points has completely changed the outcome of the tournament!!
Old Aug 19th, 2008, 11:57 AM   #8
country flag champion88

Strasbourg R64

Wozniacki def. (PC) Pennetta
6-7(2) 6-4 7-6(5)

Great match!!
Old Aug 19th, 2008, 11:59 AM   #9
country flag champion88

Strasbourg R64

Seles def. (PC) Molik
6-2 5-7 6-2
Old Aug 19th, 2008, 12:01 PM   #10
country flag champion88

Strasbourg R64

Larcher-de-Brito def. (PC) Zheng
6-1 1-6 6-4
Old Aug 19th, 2008, 12:03 PM   #11
country flag champion88

Strasbourg R64

Shaughnessy def. (PC) Mauresmo
7-6(7) 6-2
Old Aug 19th, 2008, 12:04 PM   #12
country flag champion88

Strasbourg R64

Peer def. Henin
6-0 0-6 6-3
Old Aug 19th, 2008, 12:06 PM   #13
country flag champion88

Strasbourg R64

Kirilenko def. V.Williams
0-6 6-0 6-2
Old Aug 19th, 2008, 12:06 PM   #14
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

COME ON SHAHAR!!!

Finally a win.
Old Aug 19th, 2008, 12:07 PM   #15
country flag champion88

Strasbourg R64

Salerni def. Radwanska
6-4 7-5