GB Fed Cup Cheering Thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 3rd, 2014, 03:15 AM   #1
country flag Zenjo

Zenjo is a name known to all Zenjo is a name known to all Zenjo is a name known to all Zenjo is a name known to all Zenjo is a name known to all Zenjo is a name known to all Zenjo is a name known to all Zenjo is a name known to all Zenjo is a name known to all Zenjo is a name known to all Zenjo is a name known to all
GB Fed Cup Cheering Thread

After 2 near misses in the playoffs, will it be 3rd time lucky for our girls in the Fed Cup this year?

Probably not, but let's support them anyway.

Great Britain this year are Johanna Konta, Heather Watson, Tara Moore & Jocelyn Rae. No Laura

Wednesday, 5th February
15:00: Great Britain vs Latvia
Diana Marcinkevica, Jelena Ostapenko, Laura Gulbe, Darta-Elizabete Emulina

This should be an easy win. Their no. 2 is ranked 705.

Friday, 7th February
15.00: Great Britain vs Romania
Simona Halep, Sorana Cirstea, Monica Niculescu, Irina-Camelia Begu

The worst possible draw.

Saturday, 8th February
15:00: Great Britain vs Hungary
Timea Babos, Reka-Luca Jani, Melinda Czink, Agnes Bukta

Hungary will have the home crowd, but GB will still be slight favourites here. May well come down to the doubles.

Go GB
Zenjo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 3rd, 2014, 07:33 AM   #2
country flag Material World

Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of
Re: GB Fed Cup Cheering Thread

Romania look ridiculously strong.

Petkovic ~ Parmentier ~ Rezai ~ Errani ~ Puig ~ Pavlyuchenkova ~ Bouchard ~ Konta ~ Riske
Material World is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2014, 02:31 PM   #3
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Any other group and surely GB would have had a shot at promotion, even without Laura. Romania's team look like it belongs in WG I

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2014, 07:24 PM   #4
country flag AshBolt

AshBolt is a glorious beacon of light AshBolt is a glorious beacon of light AshBolt is a glorious beacon of light AshBolt is a glorious beacon of light AshBolt is a glorious beacon of light AshBolt is a glorious beacon of light AshBolt is a glorious beacon of light AshBolt is a glorious beacon of light AshBolt is a glorious beacon of light AshBolt is a glorious beacon of light AshBolt is a glorious beacon of light

Hopefully they will be inspired by the Davis Cup victory? All playing like top 100 players? Well Heather basically is a top 100 player and she could beat any of the Romanian players on the right day...
AshBolt is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2014, 01:15 PM   #5
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

Very tough with Romania and the home favourites Hungary in their group.

Missing Laura, and also missing the experience that Anne and Bally brought to the team. I'd actually be satisfied if they just manage not to screw up and lose to Latvia! Any better than that is a bonus.
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 05:43 PM   #6
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

Hmm. Halep lost to Babos. That makes things intersting. Hev struggled in the first set v Latvia's Ostapenko, but got the required straight sets win.

Jo has just gone into a third set v Marcinkevica. I hope she pulls herself together a bit.
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 07:39 PM   #7
country flag Zenjo

Zenjo is a name known to all Zenjo is a name known to all Zenjo is a name known to all Zenjo is a name known to all Zenjo is a name known to all Zenjo is a name known to all Zenjo is a name known to all Zenjo is a name known to all Zenjo is a name known to all Zenjo is a name known to all Zenjo is a name known to all

GBR-LAT 2-0

Konta d. Marcinkevica 63 46 75

Joko was 2-5 down in the final set and saved a match point. Great comeback for her 1st ever win in Fed Cup!
Zenjo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 07:49 PM   #8
country flag tennisfan1001

tennisfan1001 is just really nice tennisfan1001 is just really nice tennisfan1001 is just really nice tennisfan1001 is just really nice tennisfan1001 is just really nice tennisfan1001 is just really nice tennisfan1001 is just really nice tennisfan1001 is just really nice tennisfan1001 is just really nice tennisfan1001 is just really nice tennisfan1001 is just really nice

Well played Jo! Will be tough to qualify but keep fighting girls!
tennisfan1001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 07:52 PM   #9
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Phew! Nice comeback, Jo

We could have really done with Hungary winning their doubles match against the Romanians though. Still going to be an uphill struggle to qualify.

... for some reason.
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 09:26 PM   #10
country flag pesto

The Latvians won the doubles: 1-6 7-5 7-6(5). That's a bit disappointing.
Old Feb 7th, 2014, 04:34 PM   #11
country flag Dawson.

1-0 vs Romania after Heather beats Cirstea 6-7(7), 6-1, 6-4

... for some reason.
Old Feb 7th, 2014, 04:39 PM   #12
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Play for your life Jo! Halep's confidence may be down after her last loss.

Jo has a chance.
Old Feb 7th, 2014, 05:28 PM   #13
country flag tennisfan1001

tennisfan1001 is just really nice tennisfan1001 is just really nice tennisfan1001 is just really nice tennisfan1001 is just really nice tennisfan1001 is just really nice tennisfan1001 is just really nice tennisfan1001 is just really nice tennisfan1001 is just really nice tennisfan1001 is just really nice tennisfan1001 is just really nice tennisfan1001 is just really nice

Great win for Hev - Jo down 1 set against Halep atm but stranger things have happened!
tennisfan1001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2014, 07:04 PM   #14
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Konta lost 1-6 4-6 to Halep and Rae/Watson are currently *0-4 first set against Niculescu/Begu
Old Feb 7th, 2014, 07:47 PM   #15
country flag Sean.
Look who's back!

Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone have a stream?

Vera Zvonareva * Ana Ivanović * Li Na * Laura Robson ......
Sean. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote