Ten Greatest Tennis Nations - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 7th, 2008, 04:04 PM   #1
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute
Ten Greatest Tennis Nations

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/ten...oel&id=3520782

This is an interesting article, but you'll get more out of it if you're old enough to have seen a good chunk of Open tennis.

I think it's generally a pretty good list, though IMHO you have to find a spot for "Yugoslavia" if "Czechoslovakia" is on there (see Seles, Ivanovic, Jankovic, Djokovic, Ivanisevic, Jausovec, Pilic etc etc.)

No question OZ deserves its rank of 1, but I wouldn't put France in the top 5, let alone top 3, and Great Britain is arguably not among the ten if you're talking about on-the-court product. I'd agree that in regard to importance in tennis generally, and purely on account of what the BLTA did in late '67, Great Britain's place in tennis history is assured, but maybe not at #4.

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
'
Kipling is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote