Beijing Olympic Games - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 7th, 2008, 08:35 AM   #1
country flag nouf

nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Beijing Olympic Games

lucie will face to tatiana golovin round1 and maybe ivanovic second round

tatiana is not at 100%

all tati's fans think lucie is one easy round
Advertisement

Old Aug 7th, 2008, 04:02 PM   #2
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Beijing Olympic Games

Well...she is.

Good luck Lucie. Try and win a match, for your country's sake?
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 04:25 PM   #3
country flag Robert-KimClijst

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

Oh, it would be really, really horrible if she lost to Tati in the first round.

Thank You, Kim
Robert-KimClijst is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 04:57 PM   #4
country flag Dav.
nothing else compares

Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a fan of Lucie's and I came in here to post and saw this comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nouf
I don't want any of Lucie's fans to be mislead by this and I hope no one was offended already. As you guys know, Tati's coming into the OG without any match practice since before Roland Garros and no real competitive math play since January. Honestly and obviously, Lucie is in the biggest slump of her career so logically when we saw that Tati had drawn her, we all felt that it was a great oppritunity for her. I don't remember anyone saying that Tati would beat her easily and many fear that Lucie could defeat Tatiana rather easily.

I just wanted to let you all know that this comment is not true and we wish Lucie the best of luck in the match. Hopefully both players can step it up and produce some good tennis.
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 11:59 PM   #5
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

No need for an apology or an explanation, I don't even care what Golovin fans think of this matchup. I for one think Tatiana is a huge favorite. I am not sure why Nouf said that, I guess to insinuate some sort of controversy but it didn't even register with me. He is kind of lame anyway.
Old Aug 9th, 2008, 01:00 AM   #6

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: Beijing Olympic Games

This article was on Lucie-Safarova.com. It is with Lucie and Thomas. Lucie sounds pretty confident. I'm glad she doesn't think the weather will be a problem.

Do you commemorate victory over the world no.1 Federer four years ago?
Tomas: I wouldn´t bring it back, it was four years ago and I have played many matches since this match. It was great experience but I think that he would be more careful now.
Lucie: We have commemorated it only a little bit. But I wish for Tomáš another big success.

Do you mind big heat, sultry hot and smog in Beijing?
Tomas: Smog a little bit, but I don´t mind sultry hot and smog. It is similar at some tournaments so it isn´t problem for me.
Lucie: It will be important to spend your power gradually mainly because of smog. Hot weather is not problem for me. Conditions are same for everyone so I hope we will face up to it successfully.

Are you living together in Olympic village?
Tomas: We have nice room in apartment. We haven´t counted with it but he are really glad that we can experience it together.
Lucie: We don´t meet very often at tournaments so this is something special in addition to Olympic atmosphere.

Do you trust yourself in singles or in doubles?
Tomas: Karlovič at the beginning isn´t anything pleasant… It would be more valuable to succeed in singles. But I´ll do everything to reach most highly with Radek Štěpánek. There is better chance in doubles.
Lucie: Every athlete is going to Olympic Games with idea that medal would be something fantastic. I will try it in singles and also in doubles even if I am better single player. If I beat Golovin my I´ll play with Ivanovič in 2nd round… But I would be glad to win a medal in doubles.

Olympic atmosphere is different than at other tournaments. Are you enjoying it?
Tomas: Of course. We meet athletes that we don´t usually have a chance to meet. The same thing about Czech athletes. We are in village because of it. But the tournament is same as others.
Lucie: It is fantastic except smog and hot weather. Tomáš was narrating about Athenes. We are enjoying it because it is not possible to experience something like this otherwhere.

Are you going to observe another sports?
Tomas: Of course if we have enough time. But everything will depend on our programme.
Lucie: I would like to watch athletics and swimming. I would also like to see match of Czech women basketball players.

Thank You, Kim
Old Aug 9th, 2008, 03:03 AM   #7

I saw Lucie at The Olympics Opening Ceremony on NBC just now (yeah, it was taped). Lucie was flapping her flag around a ton looking really thrilled. She was next to Thomas Berdych. It was cool to see. She looks very excited understandably.

Thank You, Kim
Old Aug 9th, 2008, 03:54 AM   #8
country flag ~|Naomi|~

~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute

The Czech Team has started well. Won the first GOld Medal of the games, Katerina Emmons in 10m air rifle
Old Aug 9th, 2008, 09:26 AM   #9
country flag lauraa00

lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold

Oh Tati retired, she felt again pains with the back
lauraa00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2008, 10:18 AM   #10
country flag ~|Naomi|~

~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nouf View Post
lucie will face to tatiana golovin round1 and maybe ivanovic second round

tatiana is not at 100%

Cockiness, more often than not bites you on the ass.

According to GM, Maret Ani will play singles (not sure if that is official).
Old Aug 9th, 2008, 12:47 PM   #11
country flag Dav.
nothing else compares

Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute

Well, now that Tati's out I can definitely root for Lucie in all of her matches. She looked really cute in the Opening Ceremony with Thomas.

What do you all think about the match-up with Ani?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~|Naomi|~ View Post
Cockiness, more often than not bites you on the ass.
That wasn't true. Read a few of the previous posts in this thread.
Old Aug 9th, 2008, 02:39 PM   #12

She'll play Maret Ani in the first round. Tatiana's back hurt her so she pulled out.

Thank You, Kim
Old Aug 9th, 2008, 11:41 PM   #13
country flag ~|Naomi|~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav. View Post
Well, now that Tati's out I can definitely root for Lucie in all of her matches. She looked really cute in the Opening Ceremony with Thomas.

What do you all think about the match-up with Ani?

That wasn't true. Read a few of the previous posts in this thread.
I have already read it. I repped you so obviously I had read your post!
I quoted Nouf, that is who I was responding to. Not you or any other Golovin fan. So yes in Nouf's case I'd say it was true.

As for Ani, I think Lucie will probably lose. I have no expectations at all for Lucie for the remainder of the season. At least that way if she wins a match it will be a surprise
Old Aug 10th, 2008, 12:18 AM   #14
country flag Dav.
nothing else compares

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~|Naomi|~ View Post
I have already read it. I repped you so obviously I had read your post!
I quoted Nouf, that is who I was responding to. Not you or any other Golovin fan. So yes in Nouf's case I'd say it was true.

As for Ani, I think Lucie will probably lose. I have no expectations at all for Lucie for the remainder of the season. At least that way if she wins a match it will be a surprise
I saw the rep after I responded to your post. I apologize and I would rep you back but my computer is Thanks for it, though.

Maybe Lucie will somehow raise her level with more motivation from being able to compete in the Olympics. I really want to see her have a great run for the first time in so long. If only she could go back to early 2007 form. She was amazing.
Old Aug 10th, 2008, 03:44 PM   #15

Ana Ivanovic pulled out of singles and was replaced by Obziler. So IF Lucie can win her first match, she'd most likely face Obziler next round, who Lucie lost to earlier this year in Fed Cup in straight sets.

Lucie and Ani have played twice. Their H2H is tied at 1-1, both matches taking place in 2005 on hard-courts. Lucie won 64 62 in their first match but lost 64 46 62 in their second later that year.

Thank You, Kim