News, Articles, Interviews - Anything Dinara - Page 51 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 8th, 2009, 09:03 PM   #751
country flag makini

makini is a name known to all makini is a name known to all makini is a name known to all makini is a name known to all makini is a name known to all makini is a name known to all makini is a name known to all makini is a name known to all makini is a name known to all makini is a name known to all makini is a name known to all
Re: News, Articles, Interviews - Anything Dinara

That was such an amazing article.

I'm hoping that new Safina shows up tomorrow.
makini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 8th, 2009, 09:18 PM   #752
country flag PersephoneDisco
Because She's Worth It

PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future

Me too Makini, I really hope it just made her develop that one step needed to be the best
PersephoneDisco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2009, 04:18 PM   #753
Because She's Worth It

PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future

May 8, 2009

Dinara Safina

ROME, ITALY

D. SAFINA/V. Williams
6-7, 6-3, 6-4

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Congratulations on winning such an epic match. How did you manage to overcome the nerves that you had on Wednesday and Thursday in your previous matches?
DINARA SAFINA: Well, you know, sometimes you need this kind of matches. You know, like the matches before, they help you, you know, even though I was not playing my best.
Still somehow I was managing to win, so this is, I think, a good thing for me that I think I was not able to do this before. But I feel like I was playing maybe 50% and still I was going through, so...
Because I always have next day another chance to win, and I think today it helped me some nerves to pull the match out in the end.

Q. Is the match hardest mentally or physically?
DINARA SAFINA: I think it was more mentally, you know, because it's always -- like I never beat her. It comes the moment I been 3-1 up in the third set, and I had to be a little bit more dominant on the court.
I gave her chance to come back. Then 3-All, 4-3 again with the break. Again, I didn't play good that moment. But still, you know, it helped me that at the end I could close the game.
I think it gives me a lot of confidence to beat such a big player like her, such a champion.

Q. (Through translation.) So you think you deserve the No. 1 ranking?
DINARA SAFINA: Well, I think today's match, I think it was a big match, you know, especially that she's the one like champion, she had so many Grand Slams. I think to beat her, it's not an easy.
I hope this gives me even more proof that I, I mean, deserve to be there, and it helps me maybe in the big stage like Grand Slam to win the Grand Slam.

Q. Do you think you won that match on determination more than anything else at the end?
DINARA SAFINA: I think thank at the end, yeah, I still went for my shots. You know, this was the important thing. You know, even though that I was serving at the tight moment, I haven't served any double faults.
Again, moment came and I started slow. But still, on the breakpoints I was going for my shots, and I think she was a little bit passive. I think she could do more. I think she showed me she was also was maybe nervous, and that I went for the shots and I did the right thing.

Q. That's more than ten hours on court the last three days. Do you have any energy left for tomorrow?
DINARA SAFINA: I mean, to speak like this, when we practice we do the same thing. I mean, practice now, it was only three hours match. When practice, it's two hours in the morning and still it's one and a half in the afternoon and still you are do condition.
I'm still 23 years old. I should have some power.

Q. How is your ankle?
DINARA SAFINA: It's okay. I mean, I had it taped, so of course it helped me to not put so much pressure on this point. I mean, I'm gonna have dinner, and still I'll have treatment to get as fit as I can for tomorrow.

Q. Were you thinking about it at all when you were playing?
DINARA SAFINA: Once I step on the court, really I try to forget about, because there is only ball. If I start to -- then it's gonna be excuse, Oh, there is my ankle. No, there is only ball. I don't find excuses for anything.

Q. Do you consider this your best match on clay court this year, or ever?
DINARA SAFINA: I think she pushed me to play my best, you know. It's tough to say, because last year I think Berlin and the French Open was also so many good matches against such big players. So it just comes one of those best matches.

Q. You can say this is the hardest spot in all your career, or not?
DINARA SAFINA: I wouldn't say, no. Last year against her sister, against Serena in Berlin, it was also 7-6 in the third and not an easy battle.
And also last year in French Open I had very tough matches. I can count them on the hand, but it's one of them.

Q. Is there an extra satisfaction when you beat one of the Williams sisters because they have so many titles between them?
DINARA SAFINA: I mean, that's what I say. As Venus, like she has so many Grand Slams and so many big tournaments, and still in such a tight moment I still could manage to win the match.
So I think it just, for myself, gives me confidence.

Q. Will you think about the last match against Kuznetsova tomorrow?
DINARA SAFINA: Well, it's another match. You know, she's another great player, and she's playing I think one of her best tennis.
So I have to go out there and play like best match like did I today, and let's see tomorrow.

Q. You lost last week to Svetlana. What would you try to do different this time?
DINARA SAFINA: Well, try to beat her this time.
Old May 9th, 2009, 04:30 PM   #754
country flag makini

makini is a name known to all makini is a name known to all makini is a name known to all makini is a name known to all makini is a name known to all makini is a name known to all makini is a name known to all makini is a name known to all makini is a name known to all makini is a name known to all makini is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersephoneDisco View Post

Q. How is your ankle?
DINARA SAFINA: It's okay. I mean, I had it taped, so of course it helped me to not put so much pressure on this point. I mean, I'm gonna have dinner, and still I'll have treatment to get as fit as I can for tomorrow.

Q. Were you thinking about it at all when you were playing?
DINARA SAFINA: Once I step on the court, really I try to forget about, because there is only ball. If I start to -- then it's gonna be excuse, Oh, there is my ankle. No, there is only ball. I don't find excuses for anything.
Dina needs to tell this to the other players who play while not at 100% and then go on to complain about it later if they lose.
makini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2009, 04:32 PM   #755
Because She's Worth It

Quote:
Originally Posted by makini View Post
Dina needs to tell this to the other players who play while not at 100% and then go on to complain about it later if they lose.
she will NEVER give a reason for playing shit, she'll say it straight up in her own hilariously awkward endearing way
Old May 9th, 2009, 06:28 PM   #756
Because She's Worth It

Safina Downs Kuznetsova, Wins First Title as No.1

ROME, Italy - It's always hard for the best in the world to be totally satisfied. Dinara Safina voiced displeasure with her form throughout the week, and maybe several brushes with defeat prompted that, but in the end the world No.1 was the last one standing anyway, taking her first title of the year at the Internazionali BNL d'Italia.

Safina, the top seed at the $2-million stop, beat Virginie Razzano in straight sets in her first match of the week but was two points away from falling to Zheng Jie in the round of 16, rallying from 5-2 down in the third to get past the No.14 seed, 57 61 76(3). In the quarters she was down 64 31 to María José Martínez Sánchez, the unseeded Spaniard even holding three points for 64 41; Safina wouldn't lose another game for a 46 63 60 win. She then battled over three hours to edge No.5 seed Venus Williams, a player she had never won a set off of, 67(3) 63 64.

The battle scars must have healed overnight however, as a fresh-looking Safina put on a dazzling performance of power tennis in the title match against Svetlana Kuznetsova, who had beaten her in the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix final in Stuttgart six days earlier, 64 63. Seeded No.7 this week, Kuznetsova had spent significantly less time on the court in Rome than Safina, dropping just one set - to No.12 seed Flavia Pennetta in the third round, and rebounding nicely, 63 36 60.

While 10 of the 17 games in the final between Safina and Kuznetsova went to deuce, when the important points came along it was all Safina, as the Russian - who was spending her third week as the world's No.1 player, having ascended on April 20 - defeated her countrywoman safely in 90 minutes, 63 62.

See pics from Rome in the Photo Gallery presented by Dubai Duty Free.

"I think yesterday's match really helped me to push myself to play my best," Safina said, referencing her win over Williams. "Really, really I think I played one of my best matches yesterday. Against Kuzy, I had in my head that I had lost three finals this year. I didn't want to have a reputation that I'm losing finals."

"I couldn't find the solution today. Dinara was playing good tennis and fought her way to the final unbelievably," Kuznetsova said. "I couldn't play my game at all. I made too many unforced errors. It was a little bit like Christmas today: I was giving too many presents. I knew what I had to do but I just couldn't do it. I'm definitely very disappointed about this because I've been playing much better."

Safina had been a runner-up in her first three finals of the year, at Sydney (to Elena Dementieva), the Australian Open (to Serena Williams) and Stuttgart. Now she emerges with her 10th career singles title on the Tour, following one in 2002 (Sopot), one in 2003 (Palermo), two in 2005 (Paris, Prague), one in 2007 (Gold Coast) and four last year (Berlin, Los Angeles, Montréal and Tokyo).

"When other players step on the court against me now that I am No.1, they have nothing to lose," Safina added. "It's the same thing I did last year. Like when I played Henin in Berlin last year, I didn't care. I was swinging and everything was landing in. I'm enjoying the challenge of proving I'm the best player."
Old May 10th, 2009, 01:02 PM   #757
Because She's Worth It

May 9, 2009

Dinara Safina

ROME, ITALY

D. SAFINA/S. Kuznetsova
6-3, 6-2

Q. After your tough battles all week that, was a bit easy, wasn't it?
DINARA SAFINA: Well, yeah, finally I won at least the first set, and then I won in two sets. Because, I mean, after such a slow start I was luckily to win the set against Razzano. It could also go into three sets.
But then against Zheng I had to run and fight. I mean, against all the other players, and today I'm really happy that I could win in two sets.

Q. Svetlana made a lot of unforced errors, but were you also playing better at the start?
DINARA SAFINA: Yeah, I would say today she was giving way too many unforced errors than she usually do. I think I also played maybe a little bit more -- I was trying to get her out of the baseline, because she feels very confident on the baseline.
But when she had some chances she was really missing today a lot. On some moments I would say, Thank very much.

Q. Earlier in the week you said you were sometimes frustrated about yourself and you don't know what was wrong with your brain at times. Do you feel better about that situation now?
DINARA SAFINA: Well, I think yesterday's match really helped me to push myself to play the best. Really, really I think I played one of my best matches yesterday.
I mean, still today I had many more chances to be even more aggressive , because she was a little bit of the court. Still I think I had to be much more dominant, because it's not the way to win to the points. Because she had very many points just to finish them, and she was missing by a little bit. So it could go either way.
So for the next time -- eve when somebody's off, I have to not even give a chance to come into the match.

Q. The French Open starts in a month. You had final last week; a win this week. How confident do you feel going into that?
DINARA SAFINA: I'm feeling great, you know. You know, it gives lots of confidence, especially the clay court season started and one final and one title. Cannot be better.
You know, so now going Madrid today and just going continue playing the same way and keep on going one match at a time.

Q. Do you think it's tougher, the semifinal or the final?
DINARA SAFINA: Mentally it was a little bit I would say tougher Venus, because I never beat her. I was up 3-1 in the third set, then 4-3 break, and this was a little bit tougher to finish the match.
And against Kuzy, today it was that I had in my head that I lost three finals this year. I was like, Okay, I don't want to have this that I'm losing the finals. I'm really happy that I could win today the final today.

Q. Was that actually playing in your mind a bit, that you had a lot three finals already?
DINARA SAFINA: It's not really that I was going on the court, like, Okay, I lost three finals. Because that's great that you get to the final, and there is always a chance, you know, to win the title.
But I was disappointing that last week I lost in the final and that I didn't play my best. Most of this that I was disappointing. But I'm happy that I broke this and I'm back in the schedule, on the main list to go to the Masters.

Q. Were you able to handle the pressure better today compared to last week? Was that a factor or no?
DINARA SAFINA: I mean, it's not really that I'm thinking about this during the match, because there are many other things that you have to focus on the court, you know. Most other thing I try to focus on my opponent and the ball, and these things I don't think about it once I step on the court.

Q. If someone asks you if your like better your forehand or backhand, where do you feel more confident?
DINARA SAFINA: It depends which day (laughter.) I can hit winners from any shot, and I can make unforced errors from any shot.
So, I mean, a little bit two different shots. With the forehand I can really get all the opponent out of the court and play very heavy.
And backhand I could flat it out. So it's two different shots. I love both of them, because one helps the other one. I cannot be one out of these shots. I cannot be.

Q. You are the first Russian to win the title here. Does that mean anything for you, or nothing at all?
DINARA SAFINA: I play for myself. I mean, it's nice to put, but I'm just happy that my picture is going to hang there in the wall.

Q. You've not been No. 1 for so long, but have you noticed since you've been No. 1 that maybe players are lifting their game a bit against and so they're playing a little bit better than they would have done otherwise?
DINARA SAFINA: Of course. When they step on the court they have nothing to lose. It's the same what happened to me last year. Whenever i was playing somebody No. 1, you just go out there and you swing. Whatever you do is best.
Like I went to play Henin last year. I didn't care. I was swinging the ball and everything was landing in. The same is happening with them. They have nothing to lose.
But this is a nice challenge, and I'm enjoying this challenge, to prove that I am better than them.
Old May 10th, 2009, 02:01 PM   #758
country flag camilia

camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersephoneDisco View Post
May 9, 2009

Dinara Safina

ROME, ITALY

D. SAFINA/S. Kuznetsova
6-3, 6-2

Q. After your tough battles all week that, was a bit easy, wasn't it?
DINARA SAFINA: Well, yeah, finally I won at least the first set, and then I won in two sets. Because, I mean, after such a slow start I was luckily to win the set against Razzano. It could also go into three sets.
But then against Zheng I had to run and fight. I mean, against all the other players, and today I'm really happy that I could win in two sets.

Q. Svetlana made a lot of unforced errors, but were you also playing better at the start?
DINARA SAFINA: Yeah, I would say today she was giving way too many unforced errors than she usually do. I think I also played maybe a little bit more -- I was trying to get her out of the baseline, because she feels very confident on the baseline.
But when she had some chances she was really missing today a lot. On some moments I would say, Thank very much.

Q. Earlier in the week you said you were sometimes frustrated about yourself and you don't know what was wrong with your brain at times. Do you feel better about that situation now?
DINARA SAFINA: Well, I think yesterday's match really helped me to push myself to play the best. Really, really I think I played one of my best matches yesterday.
I mean, still today I had many more chances to be even more aggressive , because she was a little bit of the court. Still I think I had to be much more dominant, because it's not the way to win to the points. Because she had very many points just to finish them, and she was missing by a little bit. So it could go either way.
So for the next time -- eve when somebody's off, I have to not even give a chance to come into the match.

Q. The French Open starts in a month. You had final last week; a win this week. How confident do you feel going into that?
DINARA SAFINA: I'm feeling great, you know. You know, it gives lots of confidence, especially the clay court season started and one final and one title. Cannot be better.
You know, so now going Madrid today and just going continue playing the same way and keep on going one match at a time.

Q. Do you think it's tougher, the semifinal or the final?
DINARA SAFINA: Mentally it was a little bit I would say tougher Venus, because I never beat her. I was up 3-1 in the third set, then 4-3 break, and this was a little bit tougher to finish the match.
And against Kuzy, today it was that I had in my head that I lost three finals this year. I was like, Okay, I don't want to have this that I'm losing the finals. I'm really happy that I could win today the final today.

Q. Was that actually playing in your mind a bit, that you had a lot three finals already?
DINARA SAFINA: It's not really that I was going on the court, like, Okay, I lost three finals. Because that's great that you get to the final, and there is always a chance, you know, to win the title.
But I was disappointing that last week I lost in the final and that I didn't play my best. Most of this that I was disappointing. But I'm happy that I broke this and I'm back in the schedule, on the main list to go to the Masters.

Q. Were you able to handle the pressure better today compared to last week? Was that a factor or no?
DINARA SAFINA: I mean, it's not really that I'm thinking about this during the match, because there are many other things that you have to focus on the court, you know. Most other thing I try to focus on my opponent and the ball, and these things I don't think about it once I step on the court.

Q. If someone asks you if your like better your forehand or backhand, where do you feel more confident?
DINARA SAFINA: It depends which day (laughter.) I can hit winners from any shot, and [b]I can make unforced errors from any shot.[/B]So, I mean, a little bit two different shots. With the forehand I can really get all the opponent out of the court and play very heavy.
And backhand I could flat it out. So it's two different shots. I love both of them, because one helps the other one. I cannot be one out of these shots. I cannot be.

Q. You are the first Russian to win the title here. Does that mean anything for you, or nothing at all?
DINARA SAFINA: I play for myself. I mean, it's nice to put, but I'm just happy that my picture is going to hang there in the wall.
Q. You've not been No. 1 for so long, but have you noticed since you've been No. 1 that maybe players are lifting their game a bit against and so they're playing a little bit better than they would have done otherwise?
DINARA SAFINA: Of course. When they step on the court they have nothing to lose. It's the same what happened to me last year. Whenever i was playing somebody No. 1, you just go out there and you swing. Whatever you do is best.
Like I went to play Henin last year. I didn't care. I was swinging the ball and everything was landing in. The same is happening with them. They have nothing to lose.
But this is a nice challenge, and I'm enjoying this challenge, to prove that I am better than them.
She just cracks me up
camilia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 04:57 PM   #759
Because She's Worth It

Safina sets her sights on Magic Box

Top seed Dinara Safina will have her eyes firmly on the prize when she begins her campaign at the Madrid Mutua Madrileña Open.

Russian Safina is enjoying some of the best form of her career coming into Madrid’s new combined men’s and women’s event and can’t wait to take to the Magic Box’s centre stage.

“I’m feeling great,” said the 23-year-old younger sister of Marat Safin. “I had a great start to the clay court season playing in finals and I won Rome so I think I’m in pretty good shape and I’m looking forward to starting in Madrid.”

Safin said her win over Venus Williams in the Rome semifinal was a particular confidence booster.

“For me it was a big win because I had never beaten her before,” said Safina. “I had lost to her twice last year so for me it was a big challenge. I think that Venus is playing some of her best tennis now and she’s in great shape so for me it was an important win.”

And the recently-crowned world No.1 said she hasn’t felt any additional pressure since assuming the top spot in the rankings. “I’m trying to focus on myself and I’m not thinking that much about my ranking and how I’m playing and all this,” she said. “I’m jut trying to go on the court and do my best. After winning Rome semifinals and finals it gave me more confidence and I’m feeling great in the lead-in to the French Open.”
Old May 10th, 2009, 05:02 PM   #760
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by camilia View Post
She just cracks me up
like Marat "I had my own picture on the wall".
Old May 10th, 2009, 05:07 PM   #761
country flag camilia

camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejmeglekvár View Post
like Marat "I had my own picture on the wall".
Old May 12th, 2009, 11:28 AM   #762
country flag lilimi

lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute

OMG! I didn't know Dina and Marat were in l'equipe magazine i would have bought it. I've just found this on l'equipe magazine website:

bad me!!!!! i should have checked the magazine the week dina became n°1.
Old May 12th, 2009, 12:11 PM   #763
country flag camilia

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilimi View Post
OMG! I didn't know Dina and Marat were in l'equipe magazine i would have bought it. I've just found this on l'equipe magazine website:

Maybe you might find an extra copy somewhere
Old May 12th, 2009, 12:43 PM   #764
country flag Dinayer
Bazinga! I dont care

Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilimi View Post

oh
thanks for posting it!
Dinayer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2009, 12:56 PM   #765
country flag DS.Fan.

DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of

Thanks for sharing it!

Dinara Safina

Support Venus&Bojona all the time
DS.Fan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote