News, Articles, Interviews - Anything Dinara - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 17th, 2008, 09:25 AM   #61
country flag Tatianadove

Tatianadove has a brilliant future Tatianadove has a brilliant future Tatianadove has a brilliant future Tatianadove has a brilliant future Tatianadove has a brilliant future Tatianadove has a brilliant future Tatianadove has a brilliant future Tatianadove has a brilliant future Tatianadove has a brilliant future Tatianadove has a brilliant future Tatianadove has a brilliant future
Re: News, Articles, Interviews - Anything Dinara

If u know russian :P you can ask Dinara on russian site http://www.greenmama.ru/nid/1925547/ (it's a site of one cosmetics firm). Dinara will be their next guest. I found there also interviews with Vera Z., Sveta and Masha S. But I don't have much time to translate them!
Chaky is my #1
Official Penalty Kicker of The Sveta Football Team
In Guus we trust!
Tatianadove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 17th, 2008, 01:03 PM   #62
country flag enchantrezz

enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatianadove View Post
If u know russian :P you can ask Dinara on russian site http://www.greenmama.ru/nid/1925547/ (it's a site of one cosmetics firm). Dinara will be their next guest. I found there also interviews with Vera Z., Sveta and Masha S. But I don't have much time to translate them!
Aww...i dont know Russian

The Cocktail Party
Official Matchmaker of The Domik of Dinara Disciples

"It's a great honour to reach the No. 1 ranking and it is a dream that every girl who has ever wanted to play professional tennis shares" - Dinara
enchantrezz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2008, 02:13 PM   #63
country flag enchantrezz

enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of

Safina reaches Pan Pacific quarters

TOKYO: Russian fourth seed Dinara Safina became the first player to reach the quarter-finals when she whipped Dominika Cibulkova of Slovakia in the Pan Pacific Open on Wednesday.

The Beijing Olympic silver medallist, making her Tokyo debut after receiving a first-round bye, struggled with her serve, hitting eight double faults before scoring a 6-3, 6-4 second round victory in 95 minutes.

Safina hit a double fault on break point to lose the fifth game of the first set, but she was never in serious danger throughout the match.

Cibulkova, who eliminated 2006 Wimbledon champion Amelie Mauresmo on Tuesday, broke back once in the sixth game of the second set, but that was all she could do as Safina sealed her quarter-final place with her ninth ace.

"It was a pretty good match. She (Cibulkova) is not an easy opponent, and I think I played really solid today
. I've had almost a week of practice on this surface. Its fast and it suits me. I struggled a little bit in the second set, but I'm really happy that I put out in two sets," said Safina, 22.

When she was asked about her eight double faults, she replied: "I just tried to focus on the next point. There is not much time to think about it."

The Cocktail Party

"It's a great honour to reach the No. 1 ranking and it is a dream that every girl who has ever wanted to play professional tennis shares" - Dinara
Old Sep 17th, 2008, 09:48 PM   #64
country flag PersephoneDisco
Because She's Worth It

PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future

im really annoyed with the toray pan pacific website(like the pink but thats it). where can i find post-match interviews at the tournament, is it on the website hidden underneath copious japanese characters? The website is really basic and slightly limiting for english speaking people (like moi). I think the US open website was amazing, post match interivews, highlight...*sighs*

so again thanks enchantrezz for your snippet
PersephoneDisco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2008, 05:01 PM   #65
country flag Tatianadove

Tatianadove has a brilliant future Tatianadove has a brilliant future Tatianadove has a brilliant future Tatianadove has a brilliant future Tatianadove has a brilliant future Tatianadove has a brilliant future Tatianadove has a brilliant future Tatianadove has a brilliant future Tatianadove has a brilliant future Tatianadove has a brilliant future Tatianadove has a brilliant future

I've just read Qs on the site http://www.greenmama.ru/nid/1925547/ (look ^^^^). One girl asks Dina about what kind of animal she [Dinara] feels with her bf What will be Dinara's answer I wonder
Chaky is my #1
In Guus we trust!
Old Sep 18th, 2008, 05:11 PM   #66
Because She's Worth It

PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatianadove View Post
oh now i'm intrigued. I think i'm gonna ask my dad to translate (maybe the masha one cos my dad 'likes her'..yawn* so Tatiana the interivew for DINARA will be on the site once all the fan questions come through?
Old Sep 18th, 2008, 05:21 PM   #67
country flag Tatianadove

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersephoneDisco View Post
oh now i'm intrigued. I think i'm gonna ask my dad to translate (maybe the masha one cos my dad 'likes her'..yawn* so Tatiana the interivew for DINARA will be on the site once all the fan questions come through?
I don't know exactly all the Qs or maybe only part of them will be answered by Dina but now only 14 ppl ask their Qs and all the Qs r so boring I should say. I liked only one about animals and another about Dinara's attitude to sweets so I guess all fans Qs will be asked.
Chaky is my #1
In Guus we trust!
Old Sep 19th, 2008, 03:03 PM   #68
country flag enchantrezz

Trio of upsets mark Tokyo quarterfinals

TOKYO, Sept. 19 (UPI) --
Jelena Jankovic and Elena Dementieva, two of the world's top four women tennis players, were defeated Friday at the $1.34 million Pan Pacific Open in Tokyo.

Jankovic, carrying the No. 2 ranking, was ousted by fifth-seeded Svetlana Kuznetsova, 2-6, 7-5, 7-5, while qualifier Katarina Srebotnik swept past Dementieva, ranked fourth, 6-3, 6-4, in Friday's quarterfinals at the Tier I hard-court tournament. A third upset of the day occurred when Nadia Petrova beat sixth-seeded Agnieszka Radwanska, 6-3, 6-0.

Only fourth-seeded Dinara Safina escaped the upset bug, although she needed three sets and more than 2 1/2 hours in topping Kaia Kanepi, 6-4, 6-7 (5-7), 6-2.

Jankovic's match took nearly as long as neither she nor Kuznetsova could grab a clear advantage. Kuznetsova took the match by breaking Jankovic's serve four of six times in the final set.

Saturday's semifinals pairs Kuznetsova against Srebotnik, who won two of the three meetings between the two, and Safina versus Petrova, who is 5-0 lifetime against Safina.

The Pan Pacific Open title, to be decided Sunday, is worth $196,900 to the winner.

The Cocktail Party

Old Sep 19th, 2008, 05:38 PM   #69
Because She's Worth It

i really wanna know what safina has to say about her performance today, an interview of her from today would be most insightful
Old Sep 21st, 2008, 07:33 AM   #70
country flag enchantrezz

Safina crushes Kuznetsova to claim Tokyo title

Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:43am BST

TOKYO (Reuters) - Fourth seed Dinara Safina overpowered fellow Russian Svetlana Kuznetsova 6-1 6-3 to win the Pan Pacific Open title on Sunday.

After posting her fourth tournament victory of 2008, this year's French Open runner-up and U.S. Open semi-finalist is poised to rise to a career-high third in the world when Monday's rankings are published.

The triumph was also Safina's third Tier One title of the year following wins in Berlin and Montreal.

The 22-year-old came out with all guns blazing, breaking for a 3-1 lead with a lunging backhand volley before closing out the first set with a blistering ace.

Fifth seed Kuznetsova was unable to match her opponent's power as the contest progressed and Safina moved in for the kill when she whipped a forehand past the former U.S. Open champion to gain the decisive break in the fifth game of the second set.

Kuznetsova, who helped Russia retain their Fed Cup title in Spain last weekend, did not give up without one last throw of the dice but was left yelling out in frustration after missing a forehand that would have hauled her back to 4-4.

Safina wasted little time sealing the emphatic victory in the next game when a Kuznetsova drop shot floated wide.

The Cocktail Party

Old Sep 21st, 2008, 11:35 AM   #71
country flag enchantrezz

a cute incident after Tokyo final

As she walked off court, Safina pulled out her mobile phone and began exchanging text messages with her family, although not with big brother Marat Safin, the former men's number one.
"We haven't spoken for about two weeks," she said with a laugh.
"I was texting my mum. I know Marat's flying to Bangkok today. I guess he'll text me later to say 'Well done'."

The Cocktail Party

Old Sep 21st, 2008, 01:08 PM   #72
Because She's Worth It

Lol i thought she was texting her mum, marat isn't good on the whole congrats thing on a regular basis. Good luck for marat in Thailand!
Old Sep 21st, 2008, 01:22 PM   #73
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

This family is texting so much...do they ever call each other???
Old Sep 21st, 2008, 01:32 PM   #74
country flag enchantrezz

they are definitely mobile text addicts
I cant recall how many times ive read articles about them texting messages and photos of them very busy with their phones, lol!

But its nice to read that even if they haven talked that much at least she and Safin are still monitoring each other's schedules .

The Cocktail Party

Old Sep 21st, 2008, 02:24 PM   #75
country flag Dinayer
Bazinga! I dont care

Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantrezz View Post
a cute incident after Tokyo final

As she walked off court, Safina pulled out her mobile phone and began exchanging text messages with her family, although not with big brother Marat Safin, the former men's number one.
"We haven't spoken for about two weeks," she said with a laugh.
"I was texting my mum. I know Marat's flying to Bangkok today. I guess he'll text me later to say 'Well done'."
Nice
Dinayer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote