News, Articles, Interviews - Anything Dinara - Page 314 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 12:30 PM   #4696
country flag iva_ds87

iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future
Re: News, Articles, Interviews - Anything Dinara

An interview with Dinara in Russian
http://tennis.sport-express.ru/reviews/25096/

She says she was in Valencia for fitness training and hit just once with Donskoy and hasn't since and laughs that people made assumptions she's training for a comeback.

NO ONE BUT LENA DEMENTIEVA
iva_ds87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 8th, 2012, 09:46 PM   #4697
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute

Great article

#NeverForget Dinara Safina: A Modern Fairytale

http://www.changeovertennis.com/neve...ern-fairytale/
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 11:02 AM   #4698
country flag Ashi

Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute

We're officially reitred now?
''O eco-friendly, Nature ke rakshak, Main bhi hoon nature!. Rivaazon se, Samaajhon se, kyon, Tu kaate mujhe, Kyun baante mujhse iss tarah. Kyun sach ka sabak sikhaaye, Jab sach sunn bhi na paaye. Sach koi bole toh tu, niyam kanoon bataaye. Tera darr, tera pyaar, teri waah, tu hi rakh!!! ''~~~ Irshad Kamil
Dinara Safina & Sania Mirza
Ashi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2012, 04:48 PM   #4699
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2013, 12:26 AM   #4700
country flag dusan993

dusan993 is a splendid one to behold dusan993 is a splendid one to behold dusan993 is a splendid one to behold dusan993 is a splendid one to behold dusan993 is a splendid one to behold dusan993 is a splendid one to behold dusan993 is a splendid one to behold dusan993 is a splendid one to behold dusan993 is a splendid one to behold dusan993 is a splendid one to behold dusan993 is a splendid one to behold

Someone asked her is she going to be back on Tour and her answer is ,,hahahaha no!!!!!!"
Too bad, I was kinda hoping she is thinking about coming back, but after I saw this photo, everything is clear

Last edited by dusan993 : Feb 9th, 2013 at 12:34 AM.
dusan993 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 07:48 AM   #4701
country flag Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future

Hello Dinara fans

This month's Australian Tennis Magazine has an article on Dinara.

All time favourite: Anna Chakvetadze

Will my weakness for an hour, make me suffer for a life time?
Invisible Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 01:12 PM   #4702
country flag Skinz
Veni, vidi, vici.

Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute

I read this too, it's sad. She mentions how she could never seem to get any sponsorship and how the press seemed to dislike her for no reason. She plays one every couple of months, but there is still a little bit of pain, and i think some of it is mental, she's waiting for the horrible pain to return. Hasn't given up yet, so i suppose where there is life there is hope
Skinz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 06:21 PM   #4703
country flag Skinz
Veni, vidi, vici.

Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute

Full Article:

Quote:
The Lonely Fight of Dinara Safina

All but forgotten in the celebration of this year's French Open winners, 2008-09 finalist and former world No.1 Dinara Safina faces a long-odds battle to overcome the back injury that has halted her career - perhaps for good - at age 25. By Barry Wood.

Dinara Safina is still hopeful of combating the crippling back injury that forced her off the tour in 2011 and haunts her whenever she steps back onto a tennis court.
The struggle to overcome her injury is just the latest battle in the life of the 27-year-old Russian. First came the fight to emerge from the giant shadow of her brother Marat Safin, who rose to No.1 when Dinara was a 14-year-old junior. When Safina achieved the No.1 ranking herself, she had to deal with the scorn of the media, who banded her undeserving of the top spot. Finally, even as No.1, Safina was ignored by the money men who considered her achievements unworthy of commercial reward.

Dinara has always shown a refreshing honesty and openness, so it is hugely disappointing that she has not received greater recognition of the talent and dedication that made her the best woman player on the planet in 2009. She reigned as the world No.1 for 26 weeks and reached three Grand Slam finals (the French Open in 2008-09, and Australian Open 2009). She won silver at the Beijing Olympics and claimed 12 singles titles. She has also been a semi-finalist at both Wimbledon and the US Open.

Yet life has always been an uphill battle, right from the time she took up the game inspired by her tennis coach mother, Raouza Islanova.

"I was always in the shadow of my brother," Safina reveals. "No matter what I was doing they were always comparing me and this puts lots of weight on the shoulders. We are the only brother and sister who became No.1 in the history of tennis! How many sisters of brother gave up because they couldn't hold the pressure? This they forget, that I was always compared, but i did it and became No.1.

"When i started to play as a pro I had {a} lot of pressure because I never wanted [to] be only sister of Marat. I wanted to be also myself. At the beginning everything was great. My first year on the tour (2002) I captured a title in Sopot as one of the youngest players on tour. Everything looked nice and easy, but it was not. My brother was doing great and that was utting more pressure on me.

"The people from the press never liked me. I don't know why. They were always smiling to me and behind the back were sticking [in] the knife. I never had a full (press) box in my matches."

When she became No.1, in April 2009, the press said her top spot was not properly earned as she was not a Grand Slam champion. That hurt.

"When I became No.1, every time in the press conference were 100,000 questions about when will I win a Grand Slam, like I didn't want to win! Well, it didn't happen but so what? What, I was not winning the matches? I was not beating the best players? Did someone bring me on a plate the No.1 ranking? I did everything by my hard work!

"Even when I was No.1 people were always so hard on me, giving me sh*@ all the time and I had to deal with it. I never had any people protecting me, not in press, nowhere. I was dealing with everything myself."

While most top players attract lucrative endorsement, Dinara found the cupboard was bare. "I didn't [have] any contracts, not even any promotion as they did with Woz (Caroline Wozniacki), and she has only one (Grand Slam) final! I did 10 times more than she! Well, this is part of marketing, but at that time I wish I [had] more people helping and supporting me."

Life on tour didn't get any easier for the beleaguered Safina. She developed a back injury and as her ranking slipped she found that even the few rewards for her success were withdrawn.

"I guess the worse was when I came to Wimbledon (2010),." she relates. "As you know, if you are a [seeded player] you get a special locker room, but they sent me to the [b] locker room with everyone... and said "Oh, your ranking is 35, you go down.' And i did semis the year before! Well anyway, I pulled out because my back was killing me. It was sad and hard how everyone was turning their back."

Safina felt the first twinges of her back injury during the 2009 French Open, where she was seeded No.1 and finished runner-up for a second year, to Svetlana Kuznetsova. " I started getting the problem first with my left knee. I couldn't push with my left leg as there was a lot of pain," she recalls. "At Wimbledon I started to play on painkillers because it was getting worse and worse and there my back started always to be sore.

"During Cincinnati, every day it was getting worse. Even though I got to the final I was every day with back pain. When I came to Toronto my back was terrible. Every time I had to hit backhand I would see stars. Was really, really bad. I lost first round and flew to New York and couldn't practice and did an MRI.

"It showed that i started to have Spondylosis on my left side, and on the right side I had my stress fracture since 2003 Wimbledon. It was not hurting me but that's why I had a lot of problems [on] my left side, as i was compensating. The doctors told me to take time off but with my team we decided to try to play as I was (seeded) No.1 (at 2009 US Open) and was trying to end up No.1 (for the year).

I started to use the strongest painkillers, But it was going worse and worse.I couldn't compete in the (year end) WTA Championships and in Australia 2010 I completely destroyed my back."

Safina retired in the fourth round at Melbourne Park against Maria Kirilenko and sensed much of the damage was done. "I realized that I had to take a break earlier but I was always hoping that it's gonna get better. But in 2011 one morning after [the] Madrid tournament I woke up with a lot of pain, couldn't bend, turn or do anthing and just called my family and said I'm coming home. It was the toughest thing. I have never cried and been more sad that that period of time.

" I haven't officially retired. I play once every two months, but I'm so afraid. I have hat pain so deep in my mind and I guess because still I feel it, I don't play. My legs get numb very often if I sit, also my fingers on [one] hand because of my back problem. I am still trying to be active, trying to keep in shape, but when you have these problems you think 10 times before stepping onto the court."

In her forced exile from the tour, Safina returned to Russia and university. She's a third-year a student. "And I have other things going on. I'm ambassador for the winter 2019 Universiada in Krasnoyarsk bid. My life is quite busy and interesting. There are many possibilities in life."

Whether A return to professional tennis is in the cards remains impossible for her to say. " How long it's gonna be [out of tennis] I don't know. Right now I don't want to think about it. I'm just happy living life, studying and enjoying."
Old Jul 11th, 2013, 11:33 AM   #4704
osseous

osseous has disabled reputation

Thank you so much for this.
osseous is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 12:30 PM   #4705
country flag Skinz
Veni, vidi, vici.

Quote:
Originally Posted by osseous View Post
Thank you so much for this.
My pleasure I am glad to see she hasn't 100% given up on Tennis, she is focusing on her studies which is great. Where there is life there is hope
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 01:04 AM   #4706
country flag fluffyelloballz
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold

A great read. I am glad there is still Media interest in her. She deserves it. There have only been 21 number One players on the WTA tour and she held the ranking for the 12th longest amount of time.

http://guardianlv.com/2014/07/serena...o-save-season/
Serena Williams needs a Great U.S Open Series to Save Season
fluffyelloballz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 03:32 AM   #4707
country flag dwyerfan

dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light dwyerfan is a glorious beacon of light

It is encouraging to hear she still wants to make it back on tour.
dwyerfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2013, 01:05 PM   #4708
osseous

osseous has disabled reputation

Officially retired in 2014. Expected but same feels.
http://www.womenstennisblog.com/2013...Tennis+Blog%29
osseous is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2013, 03:07 PM   #4709
country flag Skinz
Veni, vidi, vici.

Big feels indeed
Old May 2nd, 2014, 02:14 PM   #4710
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

Dinara to officially announce her retirement at Madrid trophy ceremony.

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote