News, Articles, Interviews - Anything Dinara - Page 313 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 8th, 2011, 03:07 PM   #4681
country flag Ashi

Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: News, Articles, Interviews - Anything Dinara

I feel she's in denial.

Not anything new. It still doesn't give Marat the right to announce to the world that she's retired. But it sends the message loud and clear, to all out there. Maybe even to Dinara herself.
''O eco-friendly, Nature ke rakshak, Main bhi hoon nature!. Rivaazon se, Samaajhon se, kyon, Tu kaate mujhe, Kyun baante mujhse iss tarah. Kyun sach ka sabak sikhaaye, Jab sach sunn bhi na paaye. Sach koi bole toh tu, niyam kanoon bataaye. Tera darr, tera pyaar, teri waah, tu hi rakh!!! ''~~~ Irshad Kamil
Dinara Safina & Sania Mirza
Ashi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 9th, 2011, 05:02 AM   #4682
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejmeglekvár View Post
I hope she hits Marat in the face hard many times. What a prick. Even if she wont come back, its not his business.
Gotta agree with you there,Norby---even though Dinara'll surely forgive him,it was an ignorant-ass thing for him to do

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 07:49 AM   #4683
country flag Aleksandrina

Aleksandrina has a brilliant future Aleksandrina has a brilliant future Aleksandrina has a brilliant future Aleksandrina has a brilliant future Aleksandrina has a brilliant future Aleksandrina has a brilliant future Aleksandrina has a brilliant future Aleksandrina has a brilliant future Aleksandrina has a brilliant future Aleksandrina has a brilliant future Aleksandrina has a brilliant future

Quote:
Hey everybody. I just want to inform you that I AM NOT retiring at this time. I will continue to use therapy to try to treat my back injury and hope to return to competition eventually.
http://www.dinarasafina.com/

http://i39.tinypic.com/34hcc35.jpg

"I hope she can be No. 1 for a long time so she can prove to everybody that they can go fuck themselves." - © Marat

Aleksandrina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 02:41 PM   #4684
country flag redsonja

redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashi View Post
I feel she's in denial.

Not anything new. It still doesn't give Marat the right to announce to the world that she's retired. But it sends the message loud and clear, to all out there. Maybe even to Dinara herself.
She probably is in denial, but it's still her life and her decision to make. If Marat wants to send her a message, he should do it in private, not put her in the position of having to go to multiple media outlets to backtrack on his presumptuousness. He has no right to speak for her, particularly to say things he knows to be untrue.

What an asshole.
JELENA JANKOVIC: A little bit. I don't want to speak French. I don't want to do anything. I am not in the mood now.
redsonja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 04:45 PM   #4685
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Was actually only slightly surprised that Marat did that...even to sweet Dinarik.Have seen so many pampered playboys who feel entitled to do whatever they want,so why should Dinara's brother be any different

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
Old Oct 10th, 2011, 01:23 PM   #4686
country flag Ashi

Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, this is not the first time Marat has made comments about Dinara in the press.

I remember a few years ago, way back in 2004/05 he made pretty harsh comments about her game in the Australian press after Dinara lost to Mauresmo in the 3rd round of the AO. After being a set up, if i am not mistaken. She admitted she was so pissed off she didn't speak to him for a few weeks.( It spurred her to win the Open Gaz De France beating Mauresmo a week or two later. )

This doesn't fall in to that category, somehow I feel his comments were taken out of context. Next time he should just stick to playing exho's with Sampras and address all the questions to him about Dinara with a lot more tact.
''O eco-friendly, Nature ke rakshak, Main bhi hoon nature!. Rivaazon se, Samaajhon se, kyon, Tu kaate mujhe, Kyun baante mujhse iss tarah. Kyun sach ka sabak sikhaaye, Jab sach sunn bhi na paaye. Sach koi bole toh tu, niyam kanoon bataaye. Tera darr, tera pyaar, teri waah, tu hi rakh!!! ''~~~ Irshad Kamil
Old Dec 17th, 2011, 06:33 PM   #4687
country flag bruce goose

There've been a few threads about Dinarik in GM,but I've only seen them,by title,under the GM heading on the main TF page...don't feel like visiting that rathole.If anyone has any reliable info to share,then please do so

Old Dec 18th, 2011, 04:43 AM   #4688
osseous

osseous has disabled reputation

^ Here you go

https://twitter.com/#!/Dinarik27

osseous is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2011, 09:27 AM   #4689
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliene View Post
Well,that's more sad news,but not at all surprising(sigh...);gracias,nuestra joya filipina

Old Dec 18th, 2011, 10:26 AM   #4690
country flag Ashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
There've been a few threads about Dinarik in GM,but I've only seen them,by title,under the GM heading on the main TF page...don't feel like visiting that rathole.If anyone has any reliable info to share,then please do so
justineheninfan is in those threads in GM, like a moth to a flame.
Old Dec 18th, 2011, 10:55 AM   #4691
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashi View Post
justineheninfan is in those threads in GM, like a moth to a flame.
That person is sooooooooo annoying.
Thinks of himself as an expert and others are all newbies.
Such a passionate safina hater for no reason,maybe that loss before henin's first retirement was too hard on him.

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2011, 04:44 PM   #4692
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpoolshivank View Post
That person is sooooooooo annoying.
Thinks of himself as an expert and others are all newbies.
Such a passionate safina hater for no reason,maybe that loss before henin's first retirement was too hard on him.
Yeah,you and Ashi have it right;only a sadistic f--k would show such hostility towards Dinara after how she's suffered like she has.If the Belgian elf quit just b/c of the ass-kicking Dinara gave her,then that's HER problem due to her OWN weakness...it's not Dinarik's fault for doing her best

Old Dec 24th, 2011, 03:26 PM   #4693
country flag bruce goose

Well,this year has been a little bit sad whenever I've gotten reminders(my gf had a boss named 'Dinora')of what's been lost.If Dinarik can truly find peace and happiness within herself--not merely a sanitized outward smile--then she'll be a genuine,first-rate Champion in Life....GS results be damned!.......And Feliz Navidad to any Dinarik fans wandering through here

Old Apr 30th, 2012, 07:34 AM   #4694
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.insidethegames.biz/bigrea...ays-in-london-
Quote:
For Safina (pictured below), the memories of her Olympic medal-winning performance in Beijing four years ago were tempered only slightly by the fact that she won silver rather than gold as she lost to her compatriot Elena Dementieva in three sets, serving 17 double faults, with Vera Zvonereva completing the Russian sweep by taking the bronze medal.

"I was really disappointed," she said. "But after a while I thought about it and realised that it was an honour to represent my country and to win a medal at an event that happened only once every four years. And I was proud of my achievement.

"The fact that I was representing my country gave me such energy during the competition. After winning my quarter-final at 3am I had to play the semi-final later the same day. So I said to myself 'I am competing for my country. I have to forget that I am tired.' It is so different from playing a Grand Slam."

"Although the Olympic event will be held at Wimbledon it will be very different for the players. When you compete in Grand Slams you compete for yourself, and maybe you hear people calling your name. When you are at an Olympics you hear the difference straight away – the crowd are chanting for Russia, and you feel such a sense of responsibility.

"For the Russian team it is going to be difficult this year. In Beijing we inspired each other as the competition went on. It was a very special time then – we had five of the players in the top ten, and we all kept pushing each other during the Games.Unfortunately, Safina's prospect of returning to the Olympic arena at Wimbledon this summer has been ruined by the back injury which has prevented her playing for almost a year now.

"I have a stress fracture of my vertebrae low down in my spine," Safina said. "I can't play tennis – I am so afraid. I went to the gym but I wasn't able to do anything because I was in such pain. Sometimes I go a little bit for a run – this morning I was able to go around Hyde Park for around 45 minutes. I didn't realise the Olympic triathlon is going to be held there. But I have to be really careful.

"I will make a decision about my career at the end of the year. What I don't want to do is make a quick decision, and then go back on it. I don't like it when players do that. When I am done, I am done.

"I don't have a chance to play in London at the Olympics, but I hope the team will invite me – I would love to be here to support the others. As well as the tennis, I would love to go and see some volleyball, a sport I really like.

"Maybe I could get to the athletics too. Yelena Isinbayeva, in the pole vault, is one of our big hopes to win another gold."

Safina used to share an apartment in Monte Carlo with fellow Russian tax exile Isinbayeva, and still has a property there. But for most of her time she is living in Moscow, where she is studying law. That academic pursuit has helped give her direction in what she admits has been a bewildering period of her life.

"When I stopped playing in May it was really difficult," she said. "As a full-time player your life is simple. You eat, then you train, then you eat, then you train some more. Then it is time to play. Then one day you wake up and it's 'OK. What do I have to do?' "

Back in Moscow, she has also been visiting prospective Olympians to share her experiences of Beijing 2008. "I went and spoke to ten of the taekwondo group the other day," she said, "I told them 'You have to enjoy yourself. If you don't enjoy that moment, when you are at the Olympics and participating for your country, what can you enjoy?"

Enjoyment should be a part of the Olympics, of course. But Safina knows all about the weight of home expectation which was a factor in Isinbayeva stepping away from the sport for almost a year before returning in 2011. Although the Olympic champion and multiple world record holder failed to win a medal at the IAAF World Championships in Daegu, she indicated her return to form and fitness by winning the World Indoor title in Istanbul last month.

"When you are so much better than everyone for so long it is hard to keep finding the motivation," she said. "Maybe she couldn't find the fire she needed unless she took a break. But she has come back so well, and she is an inspiration." So too, with her talent and attitude, is Dinara Safina.
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 01:08 PM   #4695
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/tenni...our/57422122/1

Quote:
NEW YORK – The spinning tennis universe does not dwell on the absent.

Dinara Safina, shown here at the U.S. Open in 2009, his been out of the game for a year because of debilitating injuries. She is enjoying her life in Moscow as a student.

That is at least one explanation why the name Dinara Safina, who ruled the breifly women's game not long ago, is rarely mentioned in tennis circles.

"She kind of disappeared," fellow Russian Nadia Petrova says.

Safina — you remember her, right?

The top seed at the 2009 U.S. Open? The hard-working, non-nonsense younger sister of Marat Safin? The physical player who held the No. 1 ranking for 26 weeks, reached three Grand Slam finals and won a silver medal at the Beijing Olympics?

It's been more than a year since Safina played her last match in April 2011, a victim of stress fractures in her back that pushed her out of the game.

On Wednesday, she spoke to USA Today Sports about her new life away from tennis, her struggles on tour and the fears that still haunt her.

Though she sounds like a person who has molted one skin for another, Safina insisted she hasn't officially hung up her rackets permanently.

"I don't consider myself retired," she said by phone from her home in Moscow. "I'm just taking my time. I don't really know when I'm going to come back or if I will make it. I just don't like to (say) officially I'm retired."

Safina, 26, recounted a life far removed from the physical pains and pressures she once endured.

She has traded rackets for books. She attends a university in Moscow where she is studying law and administration, keeping busy with classes from 9 to 5 and more studying in the evenings.

"It's a completely different life I'm leading, but I'm really having fun," she said.=

Life off tour has also brought flexibility and freedom.

She had just returned to her native Moscow after spending the summer hanging out with friends in Valencia, Spain, where she moved with her family at age 8 to train in the year-round sunshine.

She adores New York City, and rented a place in SoHo last winter for three months soaking up city life.

She has dabbled in broadcasting, remotely commentating on matches for EuroSport at this year's French Open.

The women's tour is far from her mind.

Safina longs to visit her friends at the many tour stops around the world, but she doesn't pine for the peripatetic, pressure-filled life she used to lead.

"To be honest," she said, "I don't miss anything."

That includes the excruciating pain that incapacitated her in the last months of her career, a memory that remains fresh in her mind.

She first hurt her back at Cincinnati in 2009. Then she cracked two vertebrae at the Australian Open in 2010. She could not serve, sit or stand.

"You cannot imagine how much it was hurting," she said. "You could see stars every time you have to hit the ball. Without painkillers you cannot play. It was so bad. I could not bend. I could not turn."

She tried to rehab and play, but her results were spotty. Her last match at a major at the 2011 Australian Open was humiliating — a 6-0, 6-0 loss to Kim Clijsters.

"I have it so deep in my mind it overcomes my desire," she said of the lingering memory. "Whenever I think like, 'Oh maybe (I'll try to come back), then I feel like the pain is so deep inside, I get afraid. This is the feeling I have, d I cannot go through it right now."

She soldiered on too long, she says, driven by the desire to uphold her ranking.

"I tried to play through the pain," she recalls. "People were saying like, 'C'mon, you have a chance to finish No. 1 and all this.' I was listening to them instead of my body. My body broke completely and then it never healed anymore."

Unlike her monstrously talented but mercurial sibling, Safina was a workhorse who practiced for hours and squeezed everything out of her ability.

Safin, who retired in 2009, always maintained that with his sister's training ethic he could have won more than two majors.

Safina is particularly proud that she was able to follow in Marat's footsteps of and achieve considerable success. They are the sole brother-sister act to hold the top ranking.

"Serena (Williams) managed to follow Venus and make a great career, but the rest of the girls they fall apart because it's a lot of pressure," she said. "I had the pressure, and I still managed to be No. 1."

Safin, 32, is now involved in politics. Last year he was elected to Russia's lower house of Parliament.

Safina says she sees her brother more often than when the were both competing, maybe once or twice a week, as well as her mother, Rauza Islanova, a tennis coach who put a racket in the children's hands and coached them both as up-and-coming talents.

Safina heaped praise on Safin for helping her adjust to an existence away crisscrossing the globe to swat yellow balls.

"Without him it would be much more difficult right now," she says.

Her back feels fine for a "normal life," but the nerves can flare up in rainy or changeable weather, which she tries to manage with weekly massage.

She plays tennis sparingly — maybe once a week or less — when her friends drag her out to hit.

"With all the breaks that we do it's only a half an hour hitting and a half an hour talking," she chuckled.

The specter of pain is never far.

She laughed at reports that surfaced this spring that she was seeking wild cards into some summer tournaments, saying she heard about them on Twitter while sitting in a Moscow café.

She is satisfied with her career and what she accomplished and doesn't dwell on past failures.

She bristles, however, from criticism that she failed to win a major despite her many successes — 12 WTA titles, more than $10 million in prize money, reaching all four Grand Slam finals, including the 2008 U.S. Open where she lost to eventual champion Serena.

She won the U.S. Open doubles title in 2007 with Frenchwoman Natalie Dechy.

"A lot of players dream to have a career like that," Petrova says.

"I don't know why they were so against me," Safina said. "To me this is a little bit unfair. I care, and I don't care. I think it's a little bit not nice. I think they could be a little bit more polite and treat me for respect."

She says the one blemish — that she didn't win a major — was blown way out of proportion considering that other players won majors without reaching No. 1.

She has a point.

Jana Novotna won Wimbledon and Gabriela Sabatina captured the U.S. Open and never topped the rankings. They were never buffeted by questions of worthiness.

"If they are so smart they can take the racket and make themselves to be No. 1," she said. "I did the best I could."

Zeljko Krajan, who coached her during her rise to No. 1 in 2009, agreed that Safina was not treated reasonably.

"It was ending up like it was her fault and I think it was very tough on her and it's one of the reasons she burned out and started to struggle mentally," he said.

Krajan, who is coaching young British player Laura Robson, said he doubted she would be able to come back because of her physical condition and the time away from the ever-improving tour.

The other recent Slam-less WTA No. 1s continue to play, though they, too, have fallen on harder times.

Serbia's Jelena Jankovic is seeded No. 30 at the U.S. Open, and 2010-11 year-end No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark crashed out of the first round to Irina-Camelia Begu Tuesday and will likely drop out of the top 10 after the tournament.

Safina says she doesn't dwell on the past and has no regrets about not crossing the finish line in her three major finals, where she wilted under the pressure and performed nervously.

She lost to Ana Ivanovic at the 2008 French Open and to fellow Russian Svetlana Kuznetsova a year later in Paris. She fell to Serena Williams at the 2009 Australian Open. She did not win a set in all three.

"I didn't play my best," she said. "They played better than me. Life goes on. I'll try to be better in something else."

She does not watch much tennis on television and is in touch with just a few players such as current No. 1 Victoria Azarenka, Agnes Szavay. Jelena Dokic and Gisela Dulko.

She seems content with the calm student life.

"Now it's quiet and for me. It's a bit nicer," she says.

She lives alone in Moscow — she deflected questions about her private life — even if others wonder how she could trade the high-octane excitement of world-class tennis for a simpler existence.

"They don't understand and ask me, 'How come you don't miss the adrenaline?' " Safina says. "I say, it was too much. When you are No. 1 the pressure you have every morning, every time you step on the court, it's a lot. Maybe it was a little bit too much. That's why an injury came at that moment because at some point it was too much on my shoulders."

Azarenka isn't sure if she'll return, but she wouldn't mind.

"Dinara is one of the people I miss on the tour," the Belarusian said Wednesday after beating Kirsten Flipkens 6-2, 6-2 to reach the third round. "I hope she is enjoying her life outside of tennis, but I would like to see her back for sure."
C. Drone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote