News, Articles, Interviews - Anything Dinara - Page 312 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 1st, 2011, 05:51 AM   #4666
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: News, Articles, Interviews - Anything Dinara

The first paragraph above--the part in boldface--is the most painful.Even when we know the Dinara Storm is coming,the aftermath is still tough to watch

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 1st, 2011, 08:05 AM   #4667
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

"I don't know IF and when I will play tennis again"
WTF!

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 08:09 AM   #4668
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/201...inara-is-done/

NOOOOOOO!!

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 08:49 AM   #4669
country flag redsonja

redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future

Sad, but there's no possible way it can be a surprise. The most tragic part is that she did it to herself-- it's not as if she had one, sudden, traumatic injury. She had a whole bunch of injuries that she refused to take the time to recover from, and this is the end result.
JELENA JANKOVIC: A little bit. I don't want to speak French. I don't want to do anything. I am not in the mood now.
redsonja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 01:01 PM   #4670
country flag DS.Fan.

DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of

I was shocked totally when i read she played tennis with her friends but had to stop after 15mins in the summer..WTF..I remember the doctor said she should rest for 6 months!why she was so hurry to play tennis in the summer?if it was not painful,she would come back to practise?!
I have to angry on her.how many times she made the mistakes?! I still pray she'll come back.I need her back it's so sad for me to see the words she is finished.killed me

Dinara Safina

Support Venus&Bojona all the time
DS.Fan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 04:00 PM   #4671
country flag adamserenavenus

adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold

I still think she should take a a year or 2 off and comeback and win the French Open.
adamserenavenus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 04:33 PM   #4672
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS.Fan. View Post
I was shocked totally when i read she played tennis with her friends but had to stop after 15mins in the summer..WTF..I remember the doctor said she should rest for 6 months!why she was so hurry to play tennis in the summer?if it was not painful,she would come back to practise?!
I have to angry on her.how many times she made the mistakes?! I still pray she'll come back.I need her back it's so sad for me to see the words she is finished.killed me
well she did lot of things besides little tennis. Had that boxing thing (even if just fun), biking, etc... she wasnt sitting on her ass, which should have been the actual plan.
That 15min tennis can be very different too. Was it pain instantly after first hit or just after 15min? ... but could be worse, her BDFF Agi cant even really hit one or two or sleep properly.

I would like to ask her "why, oh why did this to yourself? WHY?" but I'm so tired of it... She lives with herself, its enough burden.
Old Oct 2nd, 2011, 03:24 AM   #4673
country flag lang26

lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamserenavenus View Post
I still think she should take a a year or 2 off and comeback and win the French Open.
Oh I love for that too Happen I really Hope Safina don't leave, hope her back recover %100 but she need to take as much time as possible
lang26 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2011, 08:58 PM   #4674
country flag lang26

lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold

For a while, Dinara Safina was known as Marat Safin's little sister, a player with potential who often erupted on court. The temper runs in the family.

Then it changed. Safina beefed up, grew fitter, altered her entourage and for about a year, from the spring of 2008 to the summer of 2009, she was arguably the most dominant woman on the tennis circuit, even with the temper still in tow.

Safina reached three Grand Slam finals, two at the French Open, and it seemed like it was only a matter of time before she'd join her charismatic brother and become a Grand Slam champion.

Tweet, tweet
Don't miss a moment of the latest tennis coverage from around the world. Follow us on Twitter and stay informed. Join »

But in this case, a happy ending for the much liked Safina doesn't appear to be on the horizon.

It's been five months since the Russian, who is suffering from a bad back, played a match, and from the sounds of it, her three-set loss to Julia Goerges in Madrid might have been the last encounter of her eventful career.

"To be honest, I'm not sure that I'm going to come back," the 25-year-old said in a phone interview from Germany, where her back was being examined further. "But I don't want to say officially that I'm going to retire."

Pressed further on the possibility of returning, Safina, now ranked 129th, added: "Right now when I have this back pain, I don't think [of it] at all. I'm sick of this pain."

Sometimes the pain is unbearably bad and other times it diminishes. However, it's ever-present. She revealed the diagnosis in April of last year during a three-month stint on the sidelines -- two stress fractures and a ruptured muscle.

A few weeks later, Safina was quoted as saying on her official website that she missed the "adrenaline, competition, the nerves before a match."

Now she can't even dwell on the like.

"I'm not missing it at all," Safina said. "If you live with this pain for a year and a half, it's not fun anymore. Whenever I start to think I'm going to have this back pain again, it's just frustrating. So for me, I just want to have a normal life. If one day I would like to come back, I will start to practice, but I don't want to say when, what ... I just want to live day by day."

Safina's coach since February, Davide Sanguinetti, can relate.

Sanguinetti, an Italian who possessed an unorthodox but nice looking game, was forced to call it quits because of a knee injury. His dream of competing at the 2008 Olympics, where Safina won a silver medal, never materialized.

Yet Sanguinetti was in his mid-30s at the time and already had a long career.

"It was easier to stop," Sanguinetti said by phone from Tokyo after watching current pupil Go Soeda lose to Rafael Nadal at the Japan Open. "My career wasn't as good as Dinara's."

Safina tried to play tennis with a friend in August in her hometown of Moscow. Nothing competitive, mind you; simply a little rallying. Perhaps it could have been the building blocks to a comeback.

But after 15 minutes she had to end the session. Another MRI was taken, and Safina said it showed the fractures weren't healing, and the back was in worse shape.

"I hadn't touched a racket in a while, and I thought it was going to be fun," Safina said. "And really, my hit, it ended up not fun. Sometimes you just want to hit once a week, but unfortunately I can't even do this."

Lying in bed and sitting in planes, among other things, can be hard work, and Safina has altered her everyday movements to minimize the strain on her back. She can have a light workout at the gym to stay in shape, a far cry from the days when she put in several intense hours.

[+] Enlarge
Dominique Faget/AFP/Getty Images
Dinara Safina isn't interested in Grand Slams or titles. She just wants to live a pain-free life.
"She wants to play; she wants to train really hard," said Sanguinetti, who dubbed Safina the "sweetest person."

Indeed, Safina admitted that overplaying around this time of the season two years ago in an attempt to secure the year-end No. 1 ranking, with the back becoming more of an issue, was her "biggest mistake."

Players who've devoted their whole lives to a sport often feel unshackled when away from the game because of injury, at least initially. They take advantage of the free time to go to the movies, hang out with friends, make up for lost time.

Safina did all that. She now spends most of her time at her parents' home, taking advantage of mom Raouza's culinary skills. Safina enjoys cooking herself, and as her blogs reveal, owns a sweet tooth. Her hair color is now "dark chocolate."

"She's doing all the cooking for me now," Safina said with a laugh. "I got lazy. I said to my mom I have nothing left in the fridge anymore."

Kim Clijsters -- who handed Safina a morale-sapping double-bagel at this year's Australian Open -- Justine Henin and Martina Hingis all retired in the not-so-distant past, only to make much publicized comebacks. Although Safina hasn't officially bid adieu, seeing her on tour again, given the condition of her back, would perhaps come as a surprise.

If she is done, Safina can reflect on her career with pride.

"When I think back, what I did in a year and a half, I mean, no one could imagine me doing this," she said. "Nobody ever believed that I could be No. 1 in the world. I proved it. I did the best I could. I hope that for young girls I can be an example for them that if you work hard, you can reach everything."
lang26 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 02:45 AM   #4675
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

When our poster 'sonja' claimed that she had the same(or similar) back injury as a young gymnast,I took her at her word since she had no logical motive for lying.She posted something to the effect,IIRC,that injuries like Dinara's often NEVER heal fully...and can easily be career-enders.In MY mind,it's not a question of Dinara's fighting spirit but a case where she simply did too much damage by playing when she shouldn't have.It was an extra-dumb decision and yet there's still some sense of loss in my heart......wondering what Dinara COULD have done if she had merely shown up mentally for a very winnable 2009 RG final.If she hadn't lost that match so horribly...with the seemingly intentional DF on MP(like she wanted to leave),then she probably wouldn't have tortured her body afterwards in a desperate attempt to prove herself........we'll never know for sure(sigh........)

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 07:16 PM   #4676
country flag DS.Fan.

DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of

i dont care if u'll come back.I'll wait for u all the time...

Dinara Safina

Support Venus&Bojona all the time
DS.Fan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 08:09 PM   #4677
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS.Fan. View Post
i dont care if u'll come back.I'll wait for u all the time...
You are indeed one of the most loyal Dinara fans,Tracy

Old Oct 7th, 2011, 08:47 PM   #4678
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I had a magic cure for her.

I wish she didn't make all those stupid decisions the last couple of years regarding this injury.

I wish I could go back in time and explain to her what she needed to do to avoid this stupid scenario from occurring.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 09:18 PM   #4679
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
I wish she didn't make all those stupid decisions the last couple of years regarding this injury.

I wish I could go back in time and explain to her what she needed to do to avoid this stupid scenario from occurring.
All worthwhile wishes,Howard,but the last one reminds me of a biblical story where,IIRC,some guy in hell sees Abraham on the other side where the righteous dead are waiting on the Messiah.First he asks Abram to bring some water for his tongue which is burning like fire,and Abram basically says,'Sorry,I'm not able to do that'....Then,the guy essentially asks for a furlough to go back amongst the living and warn his sleazy brothers what's gonna happen to them if they don't get their acts together.Abram replies that THAT is also impermissible but,even if he COULD grant the wish,the guy's brothers are so set in their ways that they wouldn't change even if someone came back from the dead to them.

....And that makes me wonder about our lovable,stubborn Dinarik;would she have done things differently if someone had come from the dead...or from the future...to warn her?I'm really not so sure

Old Oct 8th, 2011, 01:53 PM   #4680
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

I hope she hits Marat in the face hard many times. What a prick. Even if she wont come back, its not his business.