News, Articles, Interviews - Anything Dinara - Page 304 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 14th, 2010, 10:54 AM   #4546
country flag PersephoneDisco
Because She's Worth It

PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future
Re: News, Articles, Interviews - Anything Dinara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caralenko View Post
I cried a lil.
I cried. A lot. It was embarrassing
PersephoneDisco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 29th, 2010, 08:05 PM   #4547
country flag redsonja

redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news...ectid=10697011

Quote:
Tennis: Safina - Determined to Impress

It could be a tale of two former No 1s. One, Maria Sharapova, hit on centre court in preparation for the ASB Classic. The other, Dinara Safina, hit out on the farthermost court.

Sharapova is the top seed at No 18 in the world. Safina is unseeded at 63. Sharapova has won three Grand Slams; Safina has been a finalist in three.

But, under the shade of the old oak trees, Safina, 24, explained that sometimes the journey takes a little while and a change is a good thing.

"It was a real effort getting here with snow and things coming in from Europe. I've been on the tour for a while and I've never been here.

"When I looked at the schedule there are two tournaments, Brisbane and New Zealand. I've already been to the Gold Coast and although I haven't played at the new stadium in Brisbane I wanted to have a change and start the new year in New Zealand."

And while her 2010 was probably one to forget with injuries and no tournament victories, she feels 2011 can turn things around for her.

"You're looking for good and strong matches before the Aussie Open and that's why I came here to compete."

Safina looked strong in her practice with her coach, former ATP player Argentine Gaston Etlis. Another player who was powerful in her warmup was two-time Grand Slam winner Svetlana Kuznetsova, who will be the tournament third seed and is the third of the trio of Russian stars who will make their debut in Auckland next week.

Meanwhile, two seeds withdrew from the tournament, which starts with qualifying on Saturday and Sunday and the main draw singles on Monday.

Injuries forced fourth seed Alona Bondarenko and sixth seed Klara Zakopalova to withdraw. Bondarenko is ranked 36 in the world and has been inside the top 20 while Zakopalova ranks at 41. Bondarenko has a knee injury and Zakopalova a bad shoulder.

Their places will be taken by 2009 finalist Elena Vesnina (Russia) and Sofia Arvidsson (Sweden). Spaniard Lourdes Dinguez Lino, at 85, and Hungarian Greta Arn, at 88, move into the main draw.
The picture is of her practicing in an Ed Hardy t-shirt. Bye bye, Adidas. (If she actually played in Ed Hardy, that would be pretty awesome.)
JELENA JANKOVIC: A little bit. I don't want to speak French. I don't want to do anything. I am not in the mood now.
redsonja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 07:29 PM   #4548
country flag Aleksandrina

Aleksandrina has a brilliant future Aleksandrina has a brilliant future Aleksandrina has a brilliant future Aleksandrina has a brilliant future Aleksandrina has a brilliant future Aleksandrina has a brilliant future Aleksandrina has a brilliant future Aleksandrina has a brilliant future Aleksandrina has a brilliant future Aleksandrina has a brilliant future Aleksandrina has a brilliant future

Tennis: Match-ups disappoint director

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news...ectid=10697484

http://i39.tinypic.com/34hcc35.jpg

"I hope she can be No. 1 for a long time so she can prove to everybody that they can go fuck themselves." - İ Marat

Aleksandrina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 10:51 PM   #4549
country flag redsonja

redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future

Meanwhile, they've already scheduled her for the night match for the first day of play in Hobart...

http://www.thesportscampus.com/20110...-international
JELENA JANKOVIC: A little bit. I don't want to speak French. I don't want to do anything. I am not in the mood now.
Old Jan 4th, 2011, 05:18 AM   #4550
country flag Loungy

Loungy is a splendid one to behold Loungy is a splendid one to behold Loungy is a splendid one to behold Loungy is a splendid one to behold Loungy is a splendid one to behold Loungy is a splendid one to behold Loungy is a splendid one to behold Loungy is a splendid one to behold Loungy is a splendid one to behold Loungy is a splendid one to behold Loungy is a splendid one to behold

Stephanie Myles posted close ups of the triangular logo on her blog -

http://communities.canada.com/montre...and-there.aspx

Quality not the best, since those are screencaps.
Old Jan 4th, 2011, 06:47 PM   #4551
country flag lilimi

lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute

first HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!!!i don't have time to poste here as often as i would like but i still come here

i'm sad she's not with adidas anymore, maybe they'll take her back when she'll be back to the top(they did it with baghdatis)...moreover thay have barricade shorts this year, i was already imagining her sporting it on court
i wonder what's this logo it looks like 'le coq sportif" but i'm not sure...
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 10:21 AM   #4552
tejmeglekvár
CFO

tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute

interview after 06 06

Quote:
Q. Obviously a pretty tough night.

DINARA SAFINA: Yeah, really tough.

Q. How do you explain it? She's obviously in good form, but yourself?

DINARA SAFINA: If I would know the answer, I guess I would do different things.

I don't know. I didn't know how to win a point. Basically came to this thing. I didn't know. I was sitting in the changeover and I was like, okay, at least how can I get a chance to hurt her? There was nothing that I could hurt her.

Embarrassing.

Q. Have you ever had that feeling before?

DINARA SAFINA: Well, I guess I had the same feeling last week when I won one game. This week I didn't win not even one game.

Q. What does that tell you about where you're at, your motivation?

DINARA SAFINA: No, I mean, of course I have motivation. I've been doing two months of pre season. I'm fully motivated. I practiced hard. I cannot say that I didn't practice hard.

But I guess something was not right. I don't know. I have to figure out the answers. But first week, okay, was bad luck against Yanina. She played some good tennis. It was 6 1 in the third. It was close. But to lose two tournaments in a row 6 Love, 6 1, 6 Love, 6 Love. It's really to scratch the head and to think what the hell I'm doing. It's not that I don't want. I want. There's no doubt about. I want to come back and I want to play better. But now to find answers how I can come back.

Q. What about the emotion of the night? What has the night been like for the last hour?

DINARA SAFINA: I've been looking forward for this match. We played many times. I was really like, Okay, I was looking for this match. From my side, I was like, Okay, just go out there and play your game and see. Once you play your game, you can see how you can hurt her, or at least to play. You play, you fight. 1 All, you can see to what you can play.

But today she was just cruising and cruising.

Q. What were you telling yourself emotionally during the breaks?

DINARA SAFINA: Like I said, in the changeovers, I was like, What I have to play to hurt her? I could not find the answer. So this is the thing. It's tough to play what you don't know what to play. Nothing was hurting her, not my backhand, my forehand or my serve. My return, nothing. She was dictating basically from the first point.

It's tough for me when somebody's dictating. Normally I used to dictate. Now this is a little bit different. This is not really to play.

Q. Does it hurt your pride more than anything else?

DINARA SAFINA: Definitely it hurts. But what I can do? First to find the reason what's going on, what are the mistakes, and then to work on them. Not to go blindly on the court and killing your ass for like five hours. Sometimes it makes no sense. You can practice five hours, but doing the wrong thing.

I have to do something, watch the video, what is missing, what is such a big difference what they making. And then to go on the court to focus, to close your eyes, head, and say, Okay, with the track suit, racquet and go and work.

Q. Are your physical problems solved?

DINARA SAFINA: Yeah, I'm fine. This is no problem.

Q. So it's just mental probably?

DINARA SAFINA: I don't know is much mental. If I would think it's only mental, then it's easy to solve. Like okay. But it was not only about mental. She was dominating. So it's something also in the game.

Q. Once Sharapova lost 6 Love, 6 Love to Davenport in California. That didn't mean she couldn't play after.

DINARA SAFINA: Well, the problem is it's 6 Love, 6 1 last week, and it's 6 Love, 6 Love this week.

I don't know. I need to find answers really.

Q. What does your coach say?

DINARA SAFINA: We didn't speak yet.

Q. Do you have any memory of when you played well when you go out on court?

DINARA SAFINA: Of course, I have. But I remember. Of course, it's always inside how I've been aggressive. But the problem is now, the players, they don't let me do these things. Now I have to find out how to get back to do these things.

My returns were much better. Now they're not as much aggressive as they used to be. I realize this. Because before, when it was a second serve, they were scared. Now my first serve, I can't say it's better than it used to be, but maybe I need to serve closer to the lines, I don't know. And definitely out of my return of serve, I started to dominate the point. I was every time putting the pressure on the players. Now it's a little bit opposite: they're putting the pressure on me.

Q. Do you feel in practice you're hitting the ball as hard and with as much depth as you used to?

DINARA SAFINA: Practice is different. In the practice, that's the problem. I'm forcing myself to play aggressive because I know I have to force to do the things that I used to do.

But either it takes time to bring it to the court, because after what all happened because of the injury, I lose. But also I didn't had at least maybe two, three matches, it's not an excuse, but to go into the tournament to feel your shots, you know.

One thing is practice. You have no tension. You close your eyes, you hit, and if the ball lands, it's good. If not, it's another one. But in a tournament it's different.

I didn't have an opponent that I can play, either she makes me play or she makes me to run. It's strange. I'm not allowed to miss a shot. For three tournaments I had second seeded, first seeded, third seeded. It's not easy to bring your best game out of yourself from the first match.

Q. Given the results as they stand, does it make you question your future in the game at all?

DINARA SAFINA: I mean, future my game, what? Work. What else I can say? There is no secrets. I always believed in hard work. But now, like I said to you, to find the right way to work. It's not about hours. It's about the right things.

Q. Do you regret the split up with your former coach? New one, you didn't really make a big result.

DINARA SAFINA: Well, I was injured also. Well, we split up. We split up. You don't get back the time. I know now he's working with other player. They're doing good. I'm really happy for them. I have my way now. They have their way.

Q. Are you confident you can get back amongst the best players?

DINARA SAFINA: Can I clear up my mind (smiling)? I mean, I wish really. I will give my hundred percent to get back. I will fight. I will go through whatever it takes. But first I want to find answers.

Q. Doesn't sound like you're enjoying yourself now. You always said that is important.

DINARA SAFINA: I cannot say that I'm not enjoying. I cannot say that I hate. Of course, on the court when it's going 5 Love, 6 Love, it's tough. It's not that I'm breaking the racquet, crying. No.

It's tough mentally. But if I go in the practice, I'm enjoying more than before the last year because of injury. I'm really forcing myself this year, it's better. But then three first round loses, you don't know what to do.

FastScripts by ASAP Sports
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 10:36 AM   #4553
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

I believe she will get back. As long as she is healthy.
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 10:38 AM   #4554
osseous

osseous has disabled reputation

I hope this is the start of something better.
osseous is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 10:49 AM   #4555
tejmeglekvár
CFO

tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElieneHife View Post
I hope this is the start of something better.
can't be much worse, right? i mean... right?
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 10:55 AM   #4556
country flag redsonja

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejmeglekvár View Post
can't be much worse, right? i mean... right?

My mother always said, never tempt worse.

Quote:
Q. What does your coach say?

DINARA SAFINA: We didn't speak yet.
Well, that's new.
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 12:16 PM   #4557
country flag van£ss
The times they are changing

van£ss has a brilliant future van£ss has a brilliant future van£ss has a brilliant future van£ss has a brilliant future van£ss has a brilliant future van£ss has a brilliant future van£ss has a brilliant future van£ss has a brilliant future van£ss has a brilliant future van£ss has a brilliant future van£ss has a brilliant future

Quote:
Q. Do you have any memory of when you played well when you go out on court?
Are they insinuating that she got brainwashed or suffered from a memory loss ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsonja View Post

Well, that's new.
I had the same reaction Apparently it is...

Zeljko Krajan

van£ss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 12:28 PM   #4558
tejmeglekvár
CFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsonja View Post
Well, that's new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by van£ss View Post
I had the same reaction Apparently it is...
what? it was the same back then many times. quick sobbing and shower before interview. no time for coaches.
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 12:31 PM   #4559
country flag ~Kiera~
The dragon that spits fire

~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by van£ss View Post
Are they insinuating that she got brainwashed or suffered from a memory loss ?
Or that she last played well a really long time ago

Q. It went through the net.
JELENA JANKOVIC: Through the net? Under the net?
~Kiera~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 01:13 PM   #4560
country flag redsonja

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejmeglekvár View Post
what? it was the same back then many times. quick sobbing and shower before interview. no time for coaches.
I know it happened occasionally, but if I had a nickel for every time her pressers "back then" contained something like "my coach told me" or "my coach said", I'd never be wanting for lunch money. And not just when she'd had coaching time outs during matches. You'll have to forgive me if I don't find it a total coincidence that she got her ass kicked and then talked to the press (and apparently to Kim, if you read Kim's presser) before she talked to her team. (Maybe it is. I'm just saying, maybe it isn't. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kiera~ View Post
Or that she last played well a really long time ago