News, Articles, Interviews - Anything Dinara - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 30th, 2008, 11:05 AM   #151
country flag PersephoneDisco
Because She's Worth It

PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future
Re: News, Articles, Interviews - Anything Dinara

I agree as well, i just think that the writer is really looking forward to what she COULD achieve, you know they did write ' who knows' - and thats the question right there!

Im really looking forward to Doha, more than any other year because of Dinara, im really looking forward to Shanghai and im well excited its coming to the 02 arena in London next year!!!!- you know what i'll be up to!
what are the chances YEC will be hosted in England any time soon?

Only 5 more days to go...!
PersephoneDisco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 30th, 2008, 11:16 AM   #152
country flag enchantrezz

enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of

Me too!
I really love it that she is the first to arrive , first to practice on the tennis court in Doha. I really admire her attitude in her career, smthing I wish Marat can learn from.

I hope and pray Safina will get the beginner's luck in this Championships and bring home the trophy. * fingers crossed *

The Cocktail Party
Official Matchmaker of The Domik of Dinara Disciples

"It's a great honour to reach the No. 1 ranking and it is a dream that every girl who has ever wanted to play professional tennis shares" - Dinara
enchantrezz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2008, 11:25 AM   #153
Because She's Worth It

PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future

Great minds think alike!
I just don't want the great form to end any time soon! Im praying and hoping too and touching wood when i talk about her winning Doha *knock on wood*!
Beginners luck is an incredible thing (i remember i won loads of poker chips when i played poker for the VERY first time, then i left to get food and then the good luck was finished!)

Cmon the Safinator!
Old Nov 6th, 2008, 11:22 PM   #154
country flag enchantrezz

enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of

SONY ERICSSON CHAMPIONSHIPS

November 3, 2008
Dinara Safina

DOHA, QATAR

THE MODERATOR: Now joining us we have the world No. 2 ranked player, Dinara Safina, who will be making her debut at the Sony Ericsson Championships this week. Dinara has a 55-17 record, including a 45-7 win/loss record since May. Earlier in the year she ranked number 17, and went on to win titles at Stuttgart, L.A., Montreal and Tokyo, as well as --

DINARA SAFINA: Berlin.

THE MODERATOR: And Berlin, sorry. And her first career Grand Slam final at Roland Garros. She climbed all the way up to No. 2 becoming the second Russian woman to do so. And at this time we'll turn it over to questions for Dinara in English.

Q. Was Berlin especially important? Is that where things started to turn around for you?

DINARA SAFINA: No, because in Stuttgart, and I had never won Stuttgart, that's why I couldn't play Berlin. But I would say, yeah, Stuttgart was a turning point of my career this year.

Q. Can you say a little bit more about how and why the turning point occurred and why it occurred then?

DINARA SAFINA: It's hard, if I would know why, I guess I would do it much earlier, and not at the age of 22.

Well, I guess it was the time. And just everything clicked that week. I don't know. Just once I stepped there from the first match I was playing my good tennis, and just day-by-day I was just better and better. And every match I was believing more and more in myself.

Finally, I had those wins that I think I was missing them, and I need them to for my own confidence to see that I can play, I can compete with the Top 10 players, and I also can be there. So I think it was just a break.

Q. Did the speed of your rise from outside the Top 10 to No. 2 in the world surprise even yourself? Were you amazed at how quickly it all happened for you?

DINARA SAFINA: It happened really like so fast. We just came really like a week after, I was going higher and higher in the rankings. It was really unbelievable. And every Monday it was coming out like, okay, Top 10. Okay, number 9, number 8, 7, 6, 5, and it was going up and up. And I really I think it was good that I had all the tournaments in a row so I can't have time to think what's going on. It was like in my dream I'm going and going.

Q. Do you think you can now go to No. 1?

DINARA SAFINA: Well, this year, no.

Q. No, but soon?

DINARA SAFINA: Well, I'll do my best to get there. I'll work hard. I know that I have the potential to be there. It's just a matter of being healthy, and giving my best day by day, and everything is possible.

Q. What has been such a successful season for you, what's been your biggest challenge?

DINARA SAFINA: I guess biggest challenge is to challenge with myself. When I play on the court and I just focus with only myself, and just I see only the ball when I play. But sometimes some enemies go in my mind. Then I'm complaining not only with the opponent, but also with the enemies in my brain. So I guess for me, the biggest challenge is myself.

Q. What do you do to try to help that and improve that focus? Are there ways that you train your mind or preparation you do to feel better?

DINARA SAFINA: What do you mean to feel better?

Q. You said sometimes you don't always see the (indiscernible). How do you improve your focus?

DINARA SAFINA:
That's part of the practice, so I just, I don't know, because that's how it goes. If the practice is tough, in the matches are never as tough as in the practices. Because if you work really hard in practice, the matches are always going to be there, so that's what we're trying to do. To have a very tough practice, and in the match it never comes to this point where it can get tough. So we're trying to really do the practice.

Q. Since this is your debut tournament, how much hungry are you to win this one? Are you ready to go all out?

DINARA SAFINA: Well, if I would not be ready to go all out, I would not be here. So if I'm here, it means that I'm ready to go.

Q. You sounded a bit like your brother when he was talking about finding someone inside you. Do you talk a lot with your brother about tennis and about controlling your own emotions and things like that?

DINARA SAFINA:
Not really that we talk a lot about this. We sometimes he gives me some advices, but it's -- he's a little bit different than me, so it's for me sometimes it's tough to get his opinion, his view.

So, as I said, I have my team, my tennis coach. It's his job to take care of these things (smiling).

Q. Can you explain a little bit more which sort of challenge do you do? Because not many of us play tennis at your level, and we don't understand exactly what is in your mind.

DINARA SAFINA: Well, it's just becoming too tough on myself. I like to have everything perfect sometimes. When it's a little bit not so good, I start to like to complain. So this makes me not start to not playing with the ball, but I start to play with the crowd.

If somebody screams and I think, Oh, why is he supporting the other player and not me? So sometimes it has nothing to do with the tennis, it's just something outside that to annoy me. But this I have to deal with myself.

Q. Your first time at this event, and I don't know, the round robin is a different kind of format. Have you thought about how you can deal with losing a match but still being in the tournament? It must be a strange feeling?

DINARA SAFINA: Well, I think it's something new for me. I've never played this kind of groups, but I think it's good. You always have a chance. Not in a tournament where you lose, and you start to maybe it's a little tougher mentally that maybe next day you still have to play.
On the other hand, it's also another challenge. For me, it's going to be a new experience. Whatever happens, the next day is another day, and I have another chance to win the match. So I think it's going to be different for me. I'm really looking forward to it.

Q. Jelena's going to finish the year No. 1, but do you think she's the player of the year or is that an honor someone else should get?

DINARA SAFINA: Well, it's obviously she deserves it because she played the whole year very high and consistent level. But, on the other hand, you can also say that Serena she didn't play as many tournaments as Jelena and Maria and Venus.

So if they would play the same amount of tournaments, maybe it would be different. But I don't know. But I think she is from the rest of the players she's the most consistent player and she really played at a high level the whole year, so she really deserves it.

Q. You were the first to arrive here. Did you see the excitement building up over these days? Do you think the locals, like for example, female players in Qatar will be helped by this tournament?

DINARA SAFINA: Well, I think it's nice to bring to this kind of country this kind of big events. The kids they can see us playing and it can motivate them. So I think it's going to be something new. Because I know here the most popular sports are athletics and football, so I guess after this tournament some kids may start to get interested in tennis.

Q. You said that sometimes Marat has given you some advice. Can you tell us what some of that advice was?

DINARA SAFINA: He would just tell me that if you see that you're starting to get emotional just ask for a towel. I said, What? I have to ask every five seconds for a towel. No, he's like, go, walk around. Don't think about this. Think about something else. I said, Yes, this I know.
But sometimes it's what I say, it's basic advice. Something somebody else would tell you. Go in there and get a bit angry, just step back a little bit. Take your time. But something more little was missing that now I found, so.

Q. What is the biggest difference from going 15 or 16 in the world to No. 2? What is the biggest change or best thing about that?

DINARA SAFINA:
The biggest change? I guess the whole game changed by me. I became much more aggressive on the court, and I started to go much more for my shots where before maybe I was holding back a little bit. It's just to get there you have to use all your 100% every day. So I guess it's just a little bit different game. Just much harder, stronger to get there.

Q. Do you enjoy what comes with that? With people knowing you more now? And more attention?

DINARA SAFINA:
Well, that's what I'm playing for. I think that was my goal. I had to get known as myself, not the sister of Marat. That's what I was playing for.

Q. Does the fact that you're now ranked No. 2 in the world give you great relief when you play those in the Top 7 or 8 that are ranked below you and used to be ranked above you?

DINARA SAFINA:
Well, actually I can't say that all the Top 10 is very close. So, yes, I'm No. 2, but I came there because I beat all the players who are below me. But still, every opponent is very tough.

It doesn't matter that I'm No. 2. I can go on the court and play number 8 in the world and give my 50%, no, not at all. If I want to compete against her, I still have to give my 100%.
So it's still doesn't matter how high you're ranked, you still have to respect them and still have to give your 100%.

Q. I read the other day you made some comments about the road map next year. Are you unhappy with some of the changes that have been placed on the players for next year?

DINARA SAFINA:
Well, overall if you look at the calendar, it looks very good the way it is, and the way the week's based and how much time we have off-season also between the tournaments. We always have time to prepare very good for the tournaments.
But there is just some small things that we maybe a little bit not agree. But we had a meeting yesterday, and now I think we're going to have again meeting after the tournament finish just to clear all misunderstandings that we have. I think, but overall, I think it looks pretty good.

Q. What are the points that you find problematic?

DINARA SAFINA:
Well, as the meeting was closed doors, so it stays there in that room.

Q. Do you think Justine didn't take her decision in may, this quality of the top could be boastful, anyway?

DINARA SAFINA: What do you mean? If Justine was still here.

Q. If Justine was still here, would this quality in the first positions be possible?

DINARA SAFINA: I mean, for me, in my opinion, I mean, Justine was such a big player, so I think it would not be so easy to get to No. 1 spot if she would still be there. For me, I see her still I see her a very big player. She was the player like for me the best. So she just gives us a chance to take her spot (smiling).

Q. Given that you might have five very hard matches in a short space of time this week, has your preparation for the championships been different than for the other tournaments?

DINARA SAFINA: Different? Not really. Just it's another tournament, you know. Not try to really think. I mean, what is different? It's still the same players, you know. It's another tournament.

Yes, it's Top 8 players, but still you have to focus on yourself. You cannot think about other players. But this I have to change completely my game. No, no, it's wrong completely. I have to have my game, and I have to play my game. That's how you got to the top player.
The first one who starts to dominate, to show her game is the one who wins. It's just you have to even focus more on yourself.

Q. So your preparation won't be different?

DINARA SAFINA: Well, it's short time. I had ten days. It's not really where you can make the whole off season in five weeks to say, yes, I've been running marathons, I've been doing weightlifting. It's ten days.

You just try to put you as sharp as you can and as well-rested. Just put all the things together. But still, it's too short time to base something.

The Cocktail Party

"It's a great honour to reach the No. 1 ranking and it is a dream that every girl who has ever wanted to play professional tennis shares" - Dinara
Old Nov 7th, 2008, 12:50 PM   #155
Because She's Worth It

hmm she would be a psychologist's dream!
Im still pissed at how bad she played..oh well Krajan time to do your magic!
Old Nov 7th, 2008, 04:29 PM   #156
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantrezz View Post

[b]DINARA SAFINA: I guess biggest challenge is to challenge with myself. When I play on the court and I just focus with only myself, and just I see only the ball when I play. But sometimes some enemies go in my mind. Then I'm complaining not only with the opponent, but also with the enemies in my brain. So I guess for me, the biggest challenge is myself.
"I'm completely fine, the voices told me too."

Quote:
DINARA SAFINA: The biggest change? I guess the whole game changed by me. I became much more aggressive on the court, and I started to go much more for my shots where before maybe I was holding back a little bit. It's just to get there you have to use all your 100% every day. So I guess it's just a little bit different game. Just much harder, stronger to get there.
apparently worked perfectly.
Old Nov 7th, 2008, 04:34 PM   #157
Because She's Worth It

lol norbert i told ya she would be a psychologists dream to analyse!

enemies in her head????
Old Nov 7th, 2008, 05:06 PM   #158
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

there is no psychoguy, who could fight against the Safin demons.
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 07:10 PM   #159
country flag Esther
Maria!

Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future

http://de.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2mrzdbk&s=4

Interview with an german tennis magazine... I will translate it tomorrow
Esther is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 07:50 PM   #160
Because She's Worth It

thanks esther!
Old Nov 10th, 2008, 01:38 PM   #161
country flag camilia

camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Esther~ View Post
http://de.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2mrzdbk&s=4

Interview with an german tennis magazine... I will translate it tomorrow
thanks
camilia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2008, 08:24 PM   #162
country flag Esther
Maria!

Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future

Sorry, today i had no time. I will try it tomorrow.
Esther is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2008, 10:41 AM   #163
country flag enchantrezz

Accdg. to another latest Russian poll:

Who do you think is the best Russian tennis player in 2008?

Dinara Safina - 296 (47%)
Vera Zvonareva - 133 (21%)
Elena Dementieva - 129 (20%)
Maria Sharapova - 45 (7%)
Maria Kirilenko - 8 (1%)
Anna Chakvetadze - 5 (1%)
Nadezhda Petrova - 5 (1%)
Svetlana Kuznetsova - 3 (0%)
Another tennisistka - 7 (1%)
Total - 631 (100%)

Interestingly, Vera gathered more votes than Elena. But what amazes me is the fact that Dinara is so popular in Russia., and so well liked compared to the other players.

The Cocktail Party

Old Nov 17th, 2008, 12:05 PM   #164
Because She's Worth It

I think it is cos of the Marat Factor i mean he is a national treasure, there is nothing more, Russia would love than to have a player from their country that is the best in their field of sport which is a VERY good one.

47% is a HUGE majority considering her opponent was Vera and she only got 20%
Old Nov 17th, 2008, 12:08 PM   #165
country flag enchantrezz

Two Russian articles, one an interview with Marat and the other with Dinara.

Well, according to Google here's what it means so if anyone can translate it better it will be highly appreciated.

Marat interview:

- But, apparently, great for experienced sister Dinara, which was eventually Games silver winner?

- Yes, of course. It turned out much better than I have. Cool, that at least one representative of our family distinguished in the Olympics. So it is very, very happy for a sister. It is a pity only that the organizers of the Olympics have failed to make so that everything was against Dinara. However, this is sport, where every interest. Therefore, something like, especially when it became clear that for medals will have to deal with Chinese worthwhile to expect.

- No justice, to some extent triumphed. For example, it Dinar Safina, many fans believed the main character Olympics.

- This is too nice. I think Dinara is all appreciated and understood. But her success also makes very hard. Indeed, earlier this year she had recessions, then all more or less leveled, but at some point had accumulated some tiredness - not every body could withstand such pressures. But in the past four months, Dinara proved better the results, while showing great tennis. To ensure that it succeeded this year - the silver at the Olympics, the finale of "Roland Garros", the second place in the ranking of the curtain season - by force is not for everyone.

Dinara Article:

Dinara Safina: The popularity of Marat I do not want

This season, she broke into the elite of world tennis, like fire, thunder indiscriminately and recognized leaders of the rating, and «strong serednyakov», that another year or two ago, carried itself, and certainly, certainly, players «second-and third-line» . Not surprisingly, journalists and fans once stopped calling her «sister of Marat Safin», and, increasingly, once a leading player men's team Russia velichayut «brother Dinara».

Indeed, this year it has proven to everyone that at the Tennis dynasties Safin-Islanovyh is not just mom Rauza Muhamedzhanovna, more than 40 years ago played in the junior final «Roland Garros», and son, Marat, winning two Grand Slam tournaments.

During the current season Dinara won four major tournaments, and even if there is ever a career on her account only nine titles. She played in the finals of the Olympics, which won by its countrywoman Elena Dementieva. She also, incidentally, has defeated Safina in the last match of the year concluded on the Doha final championship WTA. This tournament altogether for a rossiyanki very badly - it ceded in all three meetings.

However, in 2008 still became Dinara without doubt outstanding.

-Dinara, is the Silver medal in Olympic Games in Beijing - your main achievement of the season? Or something you put above?

- In my opinion, «Roland Garros», participated in the final of the tournament is the main achievement. Silver medal is also a great achievement. Moreover, the spring success came just in time - after a series of unsuccessful tournaments in the beginning of the year. And I can safely say that at the Olympics, I was riding a very different - not even one that won the May tournament in Berlin and reached the finals «Roland Garros» ...

- In Paris, all noted that, despite the defeat, you do not look too much upset. It turns out that a defeat could incur a charge of positive emotions?

- You know, the main outcome of the tournament in Paris for me was that during the «Roland Garros» have seen the fruits of the work that I do with the coach. It is pafosno sounds, but it is after such tournaments and matches have the confidence that you are doing right. And there are further incentives to continue the work, for training to improve the game.

- Does this mean that you are now better feel what you want to work?

- In my opinion, the main problem for high-level athlete is his psychological state. You can play with one hand, with his legs or back injury, but if the head is not all right - never dobeshsya result. To achieve this it is very difficult, everyone their secrets, has recently emerged, they and I have. Just do not ask about them, do not tell: rival also read newspapers. (Smiles.)

- Specialists say that you have recently paid much attention to style, drawing the game ...

- Home - the game should deliver fun and the audience, and herself. If you just drive the ball and think that all this is over quickly, there are bound to be problems. Do not hide, sometimes for me it is. Sometimes even that want to play beautifully and Sopernica operates strictly limit, and willy-nilly to switch to sound, but not too zrelischnuyu game. But I hope that the times have passed when someone Anyway I could dictate the course of the game. I often teach the game. Including because you want to show the fans a beautiful tennis.

- Recently you manage it all the more. But at the Olympic pedestal of honor in Beijing, you cry. These were tears of resentment and frustration at the fate of its game?

- Yes, those were tears of resentment. But not for someone on your own. Yet I was confident that I can win. Unfortunately, this also was his finale. In doing so, more often that I zlyus. And scream, and obzyvayu a variety of words. Do not cry. But in Beijing, when we went up on a pedestal, something down ...

- Women tennisistki have something often cry. You - an exception?

- I have too often, because I am an emotional person. Especially as I said earlier companion teammates, and then I suddenly noticed herself - when poplachesh, recover much faster.

- Well, this is no secret: psychologists generally believe that a woman cries, to become stronger ...

- This is absolutely true! But I would add that a woman becomes calmer and stronger.

- Maybe it makes sense not to weep after a day before key matches?

- (Ulybaetsya.) It is necessary to try, but so far I have this does not happen. Perhaps because the lead themselves, make a fit which is easier than to start grieve.

- You said that often berate themselves aloud. And what exactly do you shout between the points?

- The Secret! (Smiles.) just happens that it is very serious words with itself talking ... But the recent much less often that I say imagine how all bad. Think positively have to, because every game can be won.

- A general emotional surges Interesting often happen? And if so, help them, or vice versa?

- Everything is very simple: if the positive emotions, it certainly helps. A negative - how can they help? If you tell yourself: «I feel bad», then, finally, you can fall ill. The same, and in tennis. But, you know, lately I have increasingly been able to get rid of the status of «spoiled girls». To restrain their emotions, not to give them will need a shiny head. If they are released will no longer stop. Perhaps lost in the finals I have not had a fresh head, and I allowed myself to the fact that it was unacceptable to play at this level.

- The season came to an end. In general, you're happy with the results?

- And that - was a great year! (Ulybaetsya.) I found their game, here come the results of the past could only dream of. But that is the final step to Grand Slam titles, must learn to restrain their emotions.

- So, despite the defeat in the final match in Paris and Beijing, you are ready to accept this year's best career?

- Of course! Especially considering how poorly the season started. There was a time when I thought I did not find a way out of the situation. Game discord, I have not felt the ball, and sometimes did not know what to do at Corti. Then I decided at a crucial step - to part with one of the coaches. And it probably was the right decision in my career. I was able to quickly and with little loss out of the emotional hole, and somehow unnoticed had success ...

- And you, in turn, have become calmer, and your emotions - less show ...

- Externally, probably so. But internally - I am always in a position to a boil. Maybe I just learned how little control the emotions. While it still does not get every day. But while I know that became stronger mentally. Although a difficult situation racket still can score in the corner of court ...

- Well, what about - is identified with Safin ...

- What can you do, genes! (Smiles.)

- I do now in your family Tennis new leader. Now Marat often referred to as «brother Dinara», yet even in the past year, you almost always have been «sister of Marat»?

- And now, I think that today I am much more «sister of Marat», he - «my brother». And so will be until at Dinara not happen great victories. Marat was the first number of world ranking, he won two Grand slams. And I still have what he has to learn. Although not hide, I always wanted to play no worse than Marat. But that be as popular as it is, I never dreamed of. It is simply not mine, I'm not too fond be in the spotlight. If it is, of course, is not associated with victories Interesting ...

The Cocktail Party