Alicia in Beijing! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 2nd, 2008, 11:17 AM   #1
country flag Mr.Kardashian

Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute
Alicia in Beijing!

This is without a doubt the biggest event on Alicia Molik's schedule this year.

Here's hoping for a significant improvement in Beijing compared to Alicia's post-January 08 slump. Alicia is playing in her third olympics and is the only singles medal winner from Athens playing this year. She is entered in singles via an ITF Wildcard but her main chance at a medal is in the doubles where she will partner an inform Casey Dellacqua.

Good Luck Alicia!!!!
Mr.Kardashian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 2nd, 2008, 11:19 AM   #2

Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Kardashian has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alicia in Beijing!

Dellacqua on a double missionLinda Pearce | August 1, 2008

CASEY Dellacqua and Alicia Molik will fly to Beijing together on Monday, just as they have shared a practice court at Melbourne Park in recent days and will combine in doubles at Molik's second Olympics and Dellacqua's first.

But there the common ground ends, as a breakthrough year for one has been a difficult time for the other.

Still, this is what Molik has been waiting for, and wanting so badly, despite needing an ITF wildcard to achieve it, and Dellacqua is well aware that her friend and Fed Cup teammate rates her singles bronze medal from Athens four years ago as the highlight of her career.

"I've spoken to the other girls that have been before, and they've just said it's such an amazing time, and I'm definitely going to march at the opening ceremony and soak up all that, and then get out there and experience the tennis, see what the courts are like, see how they're playing — and then just really look forward to seeing how the draw goes and getting out there and playing for Australia," Dellacqua said yesterday.

"Looking at my grand slam history this year so far, realistically I should be looking to win at least a few rounds. Once you get there and put on the green and gold, anything can happen.

"I've had a really good preparation. I had a bit of a shoulder (injury), but I'm over that and I've just been training really hard, so if I go out first round I'll be disappointed."

Dellacqua's singles ranking has halved this year to 39th, easily the best among the Australian women, on the back of a fourth-round showing at the Australian Open and third-round appearances at the French Open and Wimbledon. She has already achieved her year-end goal of a top 50 ranking.

In doubles, too, she has been a big improver in a season highlighted by an appearance in the Roland Garros final.

The Molik-Dellacqua duo is Australia's second-string pair behind medal contenders Sam Stosur and Rennae Stubbs, but both members of the first-time pair have reached grand slam finals and Molik has triumphed in two.

This year, however, the former world No. 8 has not won a tour-level singles match since January, and with her depleted ranking of 141st translating to a return to Challenger events and qualifying rounds, speculation still swirls about an impending retirement. If so, Dellacqua has been given no hint.

"I've hit with Alicia for the past few days and I think she's training as hard as she probably was when she was top 10," Dellacqua said.

"I think she's hitting the ball amazing, and I know she's very excited to continue to play.

"I know she's absolutely pumped about the Olympics, and we're super-pumped to play the doubles, so I think we've definitely got a good shot."

She knows Chinese conditions and is less bothered by the likelihood of polluted air than excited by another highlight in a crowded year.
Old Aug 2nd, 2008, 11:20 AM   #3

its actually alicia's THIRD olympics
Old Aug 2nd, 2008, 11:49 AM   #4
country flag Harvs

Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute

i think they have a good shot at the dubs GL to them
Harvs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2008, 03:43 PM   #5
country flag Talita Kumi

Talita Kumi has a reputation beyond repute Talita Kumi has a reputation beyond repute Talita Kumi has a reputation beyond repute Talita Kumi has a reputation beyond repute Talita Kumi has a reputation beyond repute Talita Kumi has a reputation beyond repute Talita Kumi has a reputation beyond repute Talita Kumi has a reputation beyond repute Talita Kumi has a reputation beyond repute Talita Kumi has a reputation beyond repute Talita Kumi has a reputation beyond repute

God bless you, Alicia
Talita Kumi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2008, 02:01 AM   #6
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

Be terrific to see Alicia get back to the podium again
But one match at a time though.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2008, 08:07 AM   #7
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck,Alicia
Old Aug 4th, 2008, 01:40 AM   #8
country flag miss_molik

miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future

Good Luck Lish
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 05:26 AM   #9
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

The draws are out!

Alicia has to play Lindsay Davenport in the first round of the women;s singles. When I first looked at the draw I was like 'oh no' but, putting things into perspective, Lindsay has been suffering a lot from a knee injury of late, and her form has hardly been world class. My guess is that she will be pretty darn cautious with the US Open just around the corner, and that could work in Alicia's favour.

Having said that, Alicia hasn't exactly been in the form of her life this year. She hasn't won any match since the Prague Open in May and she hasn't won any matches at main draw tour level since the Australian Open in January, where she beat Kaia Kanepi. Let's just hope that her injuries are gone, her body holds up, she is fresh from a break and her training block has done her some good.

In doubles, Casey and Alicia play Francesca Schiavone and Flavia Pennetta in the first round. Should they win that, they would face Yung Jan Chan and Chia Chuang, the third seeds. Not exactly an ideal draw...but good luck to them both

Old Aug 7th, 2008, 05:47 AM   #10
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

Oh thats a tough one for Alicia. She will have to serve well if she is to have a chance or otherwise she's pretty much gone.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 06:00 AM   #11
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

^^^^
Yes I agree, and the serve, frankly, hasn't been working all year
Oh well, time to pick things up again
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 08:01 AM   #12
country flag Droolv
*shy

Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Alicia, you can take out Lindsay
Droolv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 09:01 AM   #13

tough draw i know... but who knows with the Chinese conditions anything could happen. Lindsay is probably a good match up for Alicia - a slower shotmaker will allow/force Alicia to play agressive and for some reason I have a good feeling.... Dinara =( but again who knows.... Chan/Chuang is the only team standing in their way for a doubles medal I think...

good luck Alicia!
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 10:01 AM   #14
country flag azza

azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute

lol shit draw looks like its Athens 2012 or wherever the next olympics r being held
azza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 10:35 AM   #15

London...