Darija Jurak cheering thread - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 08:43 AM   #61
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Darija Jurak cheering thread

Unfortunately, this time Kustova won in 3. Darija is playing doubles with Henke again - they're facing qualifiers in R1.
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 6th, 2009, 07:08 AM   #62
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

After they've won easily their first doubles match Henke/Jurak lost the next one with a double bagel against 3rd seeds. I don't want to be mean, but I wouldn't be surprised if they lost this one on purpose to make it into qualies of Midland 75k.
Old Feb 8th, 2009, 06:51 AM   #63
country flag ma re

Darija is the only one of our girls in qualies of Midland 75k who's not playing a seed. Her opponent is Ruckert, an American who's a year older than her. She's ranked 386, but was never higher than 373 and has never played Darija, so I think this is winnable.

Ajmo Darija
Old Feb 9th, 2009, 06:56 AM   #64
country flag ma re

Beat Ruckert 5 and 3, plays Fichman next. Won't be easy, but it's not impossible.

Good luck
Old Feb 9th, 2009, 08:54 AM   #65
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

I wish Darija the best but I can't see her winning. Fichman is in very good form: she has a 10-1 record so far this year (she won the $25K in Lutz and was runner-up at the $25K in Boca Raton the week before that) and is currently at her career-high ranking (#232). The best we can hope for is that Fichman is tired from all those matches.
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2009, 09:14 AM   #66
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
The best we can hope for is that Fichman is tired from all those matches.
My thought exactly.
Old Feb 9th, 2009, 11:44 PM   #67
xcrtbckhnd

xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future

Well, I guess Sharon was tired, or Darija played incredible tennis!!! Keep going now!!!
xcrtbckhnd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2009, 12:28 AM   #68
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Amazing--Darija beat Fichman easily, 62 62. That's an excellent result for Darija. I'm glad I was wrong (or I was right and Fichman was tired ) To qualify, Darija needs to beat Tetreault (#370) in the next round.
Old Feb 10th, 2009, 06:46 AM   #69
country flag ma re

Quote:
To qualify, Darija needs to beat Tetreault (#370) in the next round.
ITF says she's 411 (not that it matters that much), but her career high is 221, so she can obviously play well. Maybe Darija got inspired after seeing her doubles draw; 2nd seeds in R1 Fichman lost in QR3 in both Lutz and Boca Raton - let's hope that run continues This will be their first match.

Whatever happens next, Darija will jump about 10 places (unless she wins some MD matches of course).
Old Feb 10th, 2009, 08:55 AM   #70
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
ITF says she's 411 (not that it matters that much)
Oh, you're right. I got the ranking off the drawsheet. It shows #370, which was her ranking last week.
Old Feb 11th, 2009, 08:01 AM   #71
country flag ma re

Lost 2:6 7:6 2:6 And Pastikova got a LL spot So, hoping for something good in doubles.
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 07:24 AM   #72
country flag networthy

Darija, whose current ranking is #352, is playing at a $10K tournament in England this week. She's the #4 seed and is through to the QFs after winning two matches. In R1 she beat Yasmin CLARKE (#543) 61 61. In R2 she beat Katerina VANKOVA (#587) 62 63.

In the QFs she plays Naomi BROADY (#417). The winner plays the winner between Stephanie VONGSOUTHI (#314; #2 seed) and Alice BALDUCCI (#817).

Good luck to Darija!
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 07:38 AM   #73
country flag ma re

Quote:
Darija, whose current ranking is #352, is playing at a $10K tournament in England this week. She's the #4 seed and is through to the QFs after winning two matches. In R1 she beat Yasmin CLARKE (#543) 61 61. In R2 she beat Katerina VANKOVA (#587) 62 63.

In the QFs she plays Naomi BROADY (#417). The winner plays the winner between Stephanie VONGSOUTHI (#314; #2 seed) and Alice BALDUCCI (#817).

Good luck to Darija!
She's also the top seed of doubles, and safely over the first hurdle.
Old Mar 21st, 2009, 08:00 AM   #74
country flag ma re

Lost in quarters of singles and semis of doubles - not much of a result here
Old Apr 4th, 2009, 11:19 AM   #75
country flag ma re

Darija is playing qualies of a 100k+H this week. Her first opponent is Britain's Anna Smith, a 20 y.o. who has never been higher than 357 in singles and is currently at 387. They've never played eachother. Hopefully she can get some wins here.