Darija Jurak cheering thread - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 7th, 2008, 04:57 PM   #46
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Darija Jurak cheering thread

Holy cow, she's scarry

I don't know where's she coming up with this game, but...

This will push her as high up as ~320!

Next opponent, top seed Barrois. I won't expect anything, considering not only opposition, but also the number of matches played these last few weeks. Barrois won both of their previous matches, both played on hardcourts, one of them earlier this year. Darija never took a set.

Good luck
ma re is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 7th, 2008, 06:03 PM   #47
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

While I don't expect Daria to win, this has already been an excellent tournament for her.

It has also been a good year for her. She finished 2007 at #505. She's only defending one more point the rest of this year, so she'll finish 2008 at ~#320 at least.

That's a big jump and it hopefully will give her confidence to get back into the top 200. Next year she doesn't start to defend major points until *August* so that gives her a lot of time to move up in the rankings. Hope she can take advantage of it.
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2008, 06:51 PM   #48
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

it's pretty cool that she's just turned her game on since august and improved so much great shot at maybe getting into some gs qualies next year
Old Nov 8th, 2008, 07:19 AM   #49
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
great shot at maybe getting into some gs qualies next year
If she continues like this, don't see a reason for that not to happen. Hope we're still about to see the best from her.

P. S. Even if she loses today she'll be just 5 points behind Savic, and will overtake her if she wins today!
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 08:03 AM   #50
country flag ma re

She lost 7:6 6:3, but I'm really impressed by this whole tournament and a fight she showed against a top100 opposition. It's been two and a half years since she played any kind of semifinals besides those on 10k's, and this was also the first 50k ever where she went beyond 2nd round.

Well done!
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 09:10 AM   #51
country flag pan

pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
She lost 7:6 6:3, but I'm really impressed by this whole tournament and a fight she showed against a top100 opposition. It's been two and a half years since she played any kind of semifinals besides those on 10k's, and this was also the first 50k ever where she went beyond 2nd round.

Well done!
i saw the match yesterday. darija had several setpoints at 5-3 and 6-5 and she led 6-0 in the tiebreak....
darija is very solid player. she could be ranked higher as she is right now. and she seeems to be a very nice person too!
i liked her!
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 10:51 AM   #52
country flag roxi

roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future

Great week Darija!!!
Old Jan 25th, 2009, 11:22 AM   #53
country flag ma re

Darija is starting her 2009 in Californian Laguna Nigel (25k), where she's 6th seed of qualifying. Plays Vietnamese Nguyen (#669) in QR1. Another good news is that she's defending just one solid result in the first 5 months of the year, QF of 25k from qualies around the middle of February, so there's a great chance for a rise in the rankings until June.

Good luck Darija
Old Jan 26th, 2009, 08:55 AM   #54
country flag ma re

After a straight sets win over Nguyen Darija fought three sets against world's #817 Chloe Jones to reach QR3 Has to beat former #31, 10th seed Julia Vakulenko (wta 350), to get to main draw.

Ajmo Darija
Old Jan 27th, 2009, 08:23 AM   #55
country flag ma re

Lost 4 and 2

Still in the doubles draw though, teamed up with Henke of Germany. They play qualifiers in R1 and then probably 2nd seeds

Good luck girls!
Old Jan 30th, 2009, 02:56 PM   #56
country flag ma re

Darija made it into the doubles semi here. She and Henke beat two teams from qualies (got a little lucky with the draw) and play Lee-Waters/Luzhanska next. Tough job but hope they can make it.
Old Jan 31st, 2009, 07:53 AM   #57
country flag ma re

And into the finals after a 3-set battle! She's defending some 10k SF points this week (doubles) so won't get as much as I thought but she'll still be tied with Pandzic on points and move some 25 places ahead, even withouth the title here. But why stop now - they have a decent chance against Moulton-Levy/Siegemund!

Ajmo Darija

P. S. Will she get singles quali SE now, cause she can't possibly make it in time to Rancho Mirage 25k (hasn't withdrawn)?
Old Feb 1st, 2009, 07:55 AM   #58
country flag ma re

And another doubles title is here! Congratulations! Should be around #225 in doubles after this.

BTW, she's the 3rd seed in qualies of that 25k after all. First plays Hsu (wta 806).
Old Feb 1st, 2009, 08:35 AM   #59
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

congrats darija
Old Feb 2nd, 2009, 07:27 AM   #60
country flag ma re

Safely over the first hurdle, 2 and 3. Next plays Kustova whom she beat on another challenger two years ago (but in 3 sets, and on carpet).