Darija Jurak cheering thread - Page 21 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 19th, 2011, 08:18 AM   #301
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Darija Jurak cheering thread

3 more spots up the doubles ranking this week, to #81. I think it's safe to assume that with this ranking she can play MD of doubles in Paris. I wonder what are the chances of seeing her in the mixed doubles draw there...
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 19th, 2011, 12:01 PM   #302
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Btw, Darija is in Fes this week, where she's playing doubles of a WTA tournament. It's probably not necessary to mention who her partner is...:

R1: (4) Jugic-Salkic/Jurak vs. Lee-Waters/Moulton-Levy

In case of a win, they play the winner of
Hercog/Pervak vs. Kudryavtseva/Ar. Rodionova

Since Darija and Mervana will be defending a lot of points (280) in the next two weeks, every win here is important (QF is worth 70 points, SF is 130, F is 200 and a win is 280).

Good luck girls
Old Apr 20th, 2011, 05:23 AM   #303
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

(4) Jugic-Salkic/Jurak def. Lee-Waters/Moulton-Levy 64 60

In the next round they play the winner of Hercog/Pervak and Kudryavtseva/Rodionova.
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2011, 08:02 AM   #304
country flag ma re

^^ That's great, cause now I'm pretty certain that she can't fall down so much in rankings that she couldn't play the main draw at Wimbledon. That is, assuming I understand the rankings correctly

Anyway, I just realized that Darija and Petra won that R1 match in Paris last year, so since they'll have to defend 160 points this year, it's safe to assume they'll play those doubles (maybe with different partners, but still...).

Too bad Darija flopped out in QR1 at Wimbledon and in R1 at the USO last year, cause those are mandatory events and those points still count for her ranking.
Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 12:11 AM   #305
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

(4) Jugic-Salkic/Jurak (BIH/CRO) d. Hercog/Pervak (SLO/RUS) w/o (Hercog: right ankle injury)

It's never good when a player is injured--but, whew, Darija sure needed the points...

In the SF, they play the top seeds, HLAVACKOVA/VORACOVA. Good luck!
Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 08:08 AM   #306
country flag ma re

^^ Yeah, nice news for Darija but bad news for Petra Martic, cause Hercog is one of her best friends and a frequent doubles partner. Hope she gets well soon.

Top seeds will be tough, but even this is a very nice result. It's not every day that Darija makes it to the semis of a WTA draw.

Best of luck
Old Apr 25th, 2011, 11:39 AM   #307
country flag ma re

Congrats to Darija for again becoming our doubles #1. As of today she is 21 point ahead of Petra Martic and she also moved 3 spots up the rankings, to #78 (Martic went 3 spots down to #80).

This week she and M. Jugic-Salkic are playing WTA in Estoril, in R1 they incidentally play P. Martic and U. Radwanska. Now that is surely a match many of us would like to see (I wonder if there's some streaming, but I really doubt it).

As mentioned earlier, Darija and Mervana made it to semis last year in Estoril, but those points are coming off next week. This week their points from winning Cagnes sur mer 100k are coming off, so it'd be nice if they could at least make one win here to defend (about) half.

Good luck!
Old Apr 25th, 2011, 08:26 PM   #308
country flag networthy

Estoril R1: Jugic-Salkic/Jurak (BIH/CRO) d. Martic/U. Radwanska (CRO/POL) 60 76(1)

Horrible week for Petra but Darija needed the points much more.

In R2, Jugic-Salkic/Jurak will play either the #3 seeds, Yan/Zhang, or the Rodionova sisters.

Good luck--Darija still has a whole bunch of points to defend!
Old Apr 28th, 2011, 10:27 AM   #309
country flag ma re

They're through to the semis after a walkover against Rodionovas. Not the best way to win, but points they'll get sure look nice. In the semis they'll face either the top seeds Medina Garrigues/Voracova or unseeded Daniilidou/Krajicek. Which ever team they get to play, it'll be one heck of a battle to get to the finals.

Ajmo
Old Apr 29th, 2011, 06:27 PM   #310
country flag ma re

Lost in a super tie-break (or whatever it's called) to Daniilidou/Krajicek 10:6 Still a good week though. Certainly encouraging for the French.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 07:07 AM   #311
country flag networthy

Darija/Voracova are the top seeds at Cagnes-sur-Mer this week. They scored a good win in R1, 63 63 against Cirstea/Watson.

In the QF they play Begu/Peers. Good luck, ladies!
Old May 4th, 2011, 07:13 PM   #312
country flag networthy

Cagnes-sur-Mer QF: (1)Jurak/Voracova (CRO/CZE) d. Begu/Peers (ROU/AUS) 62 61 Very nice scoreline!

Hope they make it into the finals. Good luck!
Old May 4th, 2011, 07:19 PM   #313
country flag ma re

Great to see that they are cruising through the draw! Hope they don't stop
Old May 4th, 2011, 09:07 PM   #314
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Great to see that they are cruising through the draw! Hope they don't stop
The #4 seeds, Birnerova/Zhang, lost so this is a great opportunity for Darija/Voracova to make the final.

In the SF they will play either of two unseeded teams: DE GUBERNATIS/FERRAND or SAVINYKH/TATISHVILI. I hope they can do this!
Old May 6th, 2011, 08:22 PM   #315
country flag networthy

$100,000+H Cagnes-sur-Mer semifinal

JURAK (CRO) / VORACOVA (CZE) (1) defeated DE GUBERNATIS (FRA) / FERRAND (FRA) 6-4 6-2
GROENEFELD (GER) / MARTIC (CRO) (2) defeated KLEMENSCHITS (AUT) / KLEPAC (SLO) (3) 6-2 6-1

Nice result for both Darija and Petra.