Dinara Safina 's Ranking Watch 2010 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 6th, 2008, 12:24 AM   #31
country flag enchantrezz

enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of
Re: Ranking Watch

Here's whats gonna happen:

If Jankovic beats Williams in final.
1 Jankovic 2 Williams 3 Ivanovic 4 Dementieva 5 Safina

If Williams beats Jankovic in final.
1 Williams 2 Jankovic 3 Ivanovic 4 Dementieva 5 Safina

The Cocktail Party
Official Matchmaker of The Domik of Dinara Disciples

"It's a great honour to reach the No. 1 ranking and it is a dream that every girl who has ever wanted to play professional tennis shares" - Dinara
enchantrezz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 6th, 2008, 12:28 AM   #32
country flag Dinayer
Bazinga! I dont care

Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantrezz View Post
Here's whats gonna happen:

If Jankovic beats Williams in final.
1 Jankovic 2 Williams 3 Ivanovic 4 Dementieva 5 Safina

If Williams beats Jankovic in final.
1 Williams 2 Jankovic 3 Ivanovic 4 Dementieva 5 Safina
thanks
Dinayer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2008, 01:10 AM   #33
country flag enchantrezz

enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of

For the indoor season, Dinara needs to defend around 300pts...she played Stuttgart, Moscow, Zurich and Linz last year.

Serena has 400pts to defend, JJ 470+, Dementieva 600,and Ivanovic 650.

At the moment, I think she has Tokyo, Beijing, Moscow on her schedule and I think it will be very tough for her to end the season as number 1.
One can only hope she'll at least win all the tournaments she'll enter esp the year end championships

The Cocktail Party

"It's a great honour to reach the No. 1 ranking and it is a dream that every girl who has ever wanted to play professional tennis shares" - Dinara

Last edited by enchantrezz : Sep 6th, 2008 at 01:31 AM.
Old Sep 6th, 2008, 01:20 AM   #34
country flag maryc

maryc has a reputation beyond repute maryc has a reputation beyond repute maryc has a reputation beyond repute maryc has a reputation beyond repute maryc has a reputation beyond repute maryc has a reputation beyond repute maryc has a reputation beyond repute maryc has a reputation beyond repute maryc has a reputation beyond repute maryc has a reputation beyond repute maryc has a reputation beyond repute

#5 in the world... that's great!
maryc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2008, 11:15 AM   #35
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

No. 5 now? That's great.

Quote:
At the moment, I think she has Tokyo, Beijing, Moscow on her schedule and I think it will be very tough for her to end the season as number 1.
One can only hope she'll at least win all the tournaments she'll enter esp the year end championships
Oh ok...we are not having high expectations here, huh?
I just hope that she's doing well the rest of the year. She didn't qualify for YEC last year, so there she definitely earns extra points.
As for the no.1 ranking, if she doesn't make it this year she'll have a big opportunity in the beginning of next year because she didn't start too well into 2008.
Old Sep 6th, 2008, 03:39 PM   #36
country flag enchantrezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyna View Post
Oh ok...we are not having high expectations here, huh?
Oh yeah, dreams are for free anyway so why not dream big for her
And if you really calculate the points, its not impossible but its definitely very difficult

The Cocktail Party

Old Sep 7th, 2008, 01:55 PM   #37
country flag Blanche Devereux

Blanche Devereux is just really nice Blanche Devereux is just really nice Blanche Devereux is just really nice Blanche Devereux is just really nice Blanche Devereux is just really nice Blanche Devereux is just really nice Blanche Devereux is just really nice Blanche Devereux is just really nice Blanche Devereux is just really nice Blanche Devereux is just really nice Blanche Devereux is just really nice

I calculated how many points the top 8 have to defend for the rest of the season:

Jankovic: 477
S Williams: 411
Ivanovic: 651
Dementieva: 576
Safina: 306
Sharapova: 557
Kuznetsova: 550
V Williams: 280

If you subtract the points being defended this fall from their current point total, this is what everyone will be building on until the end of the season:

Jankovic: 3488 (plus a possible 300 if she wins tonight = 3788)
S Williams: 3350 (plus a possible 300 if she wins tonight = 3650)
Safina: 3051
Dementieva: 2854
Ivanovic: 2881
Sharapova: 2484
V Williams: 2106
Kuznetsova: 2021

I think at this point if they keep having decent results, and depending who wins tonight, Serena and Jelena would be diffult for anyone to catch. Dinara has a good chance of finishing 3rd or 4th this year, which would be great. YEC is worth a lot of points, though (750 for the winner). I think it's very possible there will still be a race for the year ending #1 going into Doha.
Blanche Devereux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 03:08 PM   #38
country flag enchantrezz

Barring injury, number 3 is certainly attainable for Dinara and she can also be in the race for the top ranking. But to be honest I would rather she finishes not number 1.

To be seeded number 1 next year in AO when she has not yet won a grand slam can be a joke and will just put more pressure for her to prove her ranking.

The best scenario will be winning AO and getting the top ranking at the same time.
In a way, this was what happened to Hingis. She reached semis in the Usopen losing to Graf then in the fall season she was winning tournaments and after being the finalist in the YEC she reached the number 4 ranking.

She was seeded number 2 in the AO where she won her first grand slam then 2 mos after she became number 1.

The Cocktail Party

Last edited by enchantrezz : Sep 7th, 2008 at 03:18 PM.
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 04:06 PM   #39
country flag Blanche Devereux

Blanche Devereux is just really nice Blanche Devereux is just really nice Blanche Devereux is just really nice Blanche Devereux is just really nice Blanche Devereux is just really nice Blanche Devereux is just really nice Blanche Devereux is just really nice Blanche Devereux is just really nice Blanche Devereux is just really nice Blanche Devereux is just really nice Blanche Devereux is just really nice

Quote:

To be seeded number 1 next year in AO when she has not yet won a grand slam can be a joke and will just put more pressure for her to prove her ranking.
I agree. Look at all the complaining that happened when Jankovic became #1 without winning a slam. Being #1 would just create so much talk around her and pressure to win the AO. I think a great goal would be to be #3 or #4 going into the AO and then she hopefully have a great draw with her own quarter.

She did Gold Coast and Sydney last year before the AO. I wonder if she'll commit to Sydney this year after Hopman cup. I wish she wouldn't. Sydney ends the day before the AO and if she went deep in the week she'd only have a day or two to get to Melbourne, practice, and rest.
Blanche Devereux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 04:12 PM   #40
country flag enchantrezz

With the new WTA calendar rules implementing next year, its more likely she'll skip Sydney tournament and will use her time in Hopman cup as a warm up for AO.

Lets hope she thinks the same way as we do

The Cocktail Party

Old Sep 7th, 2008, 05:59 PM   #41
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanche Devereux View Post
I agree. Look at all the complaining that happened when Jankovic became #1 without winning a slam. Being #1 would just create so much talk around her and pressure to win the AO. I think a great goal would be to be #3 or #4 going into the AO and then she hopefully have a great draw with her own quarter.
I think that's the best "solution" as well.
I don't want to hear all this talk about "worst no.1 of all times" again just because she hasn't won a slam yet. And I predict that if Dinara would get to no.1 this year that GM starts to rant about all the tournaments she's playing anf that this is the only reason she's no.1

btw, welcome here Blanche Devereux have fun with us!
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 06:54 PM   #42
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Dinara will eventually become number 1, perhaps after a win at the Australian or French!
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2008, 04:42 AM   #43
country flag enchantrezz

Yeah , GO FOR TOP 3 this year, Dinara !!!

You can do it

The Cocktail Party

Old Sep 8th, 2008, 05:16 AM   #44
country flag enchantrezz

Now that Serena is number 1 this might be the ranking points:
1 - Serena - 4091
2 - Jankovic - 3965
3 - Ivanovic - 3532
4 - Dementieva - 3480
5 - Safina - 3357

And you compare the number of points they'll defend for the rest of the season:
S Williams: 411
Jankovic : 477
Ivanovic: 651
Dementieva: 576
Safina: 306

Its definitely looking good for Dinara, right ?

The Cocktail Party

Old Sep 8th, 2008, 05:37 AM   #45
country flag Butterfly14

Butterfly14 is a glorious beacon of light Butterfly14 is a glorious beacon of light Butterfly14 is a glorious beacon of light Butterfly14 is a glorious beacon of light Butterfly14 is a glorious beacon of light Butterfly14 is a glorious beacon of light Butterfly14 is a glorious beacon of light Butterfly14 is a glorious beacon of light Butterfly14 is a glorious beacon of light Butterfly14 is a glorious beacon of light Butterfly14 is a glorious beacon of light

I hope Dinara finishes with atleast #3.

At #1..or #2..people be turning against her. #3 is just perfect to end this season

Dinara can do it

SLAM FOR SURE IN 2009 for both Safin's

cant wait for next year.

Marat Safin

Stanislas Wawrinka Jo-Wilfried Tsonga Philipp Kohlschreiber Tomas BerdychNikolay Davydenko
Butterfly14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote