2008-09 verbals, high interest & transfers - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 10th, 2008, 07:34 AM   #31
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Re: Updates

12/10/08

- Oregon gets verbal from Madelie Van Rensburg of South Africa.

Last edited by gouci : Dec 15th, 2008 at 08:04 AM.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 14th, 2008, 07:58 PM   #32
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

12/14/08

- Miami gets Alessa Waibel from Switzerland.

- Miami gets walk-on 5 star Lauren Greco.

- Texas gets walk-on Carlene Leyden.

- Texas gets walk-on Julia Wiegand.

- Texas gets walk-on Maya Zein.

Last edited by gouci : Jan 9th, 2010 at 05:54 PM.
Old Dec 14th, 2008, 09:57 PM   #33
country flag gouci

12/14/08

- Texas gets blue chip Amanda Craddock. A sophomore she transferred out of Georgia Tech. She sat out 1 year and tried the pros.

- Baylor gets Kasia Siwosz from Poland. She transferred from Cowley Community College (KS).
She had a WTA ranking high of #770 in November 2005. She was ranked the top junior college player over the last 2 years. Only lost in her collegiate career was in the finals of the 2008 NJCAA Singles Championship to Monika Lalewicz(originally going to Georgia) of Abraham Baldwin JC (GA) . Siwosz won the 2007 NJCAA Singles title & also a doubles title.

- Hillsborough Community College (FL) gets LOI from Jillian O'Neill from Canada.
She had a WTA ranking high of #619 in February 2007. Originally she signed with Georgia.

- Hillsborough Community College (FL) gets Olivia Howlett from Great Britain.
She had a WTA doubles ranking high of #986 in May. Wow, getting players that have held WTA rankings, not surprisingly Hillsborough is the National Junior College defending champion.

Last edited by gouci : Jul 5th, 2009 at 09:07 PM.
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 09:01 AM   #34
country flag gouci

1/12/09

5. Texas gets LOI from blue chip Aeriel Ellis for 2009-2010. She took 1 year off & tried the pros.

- Concordia-Irvine (NAIA) gets Jordan Kimura.

- Chloe Jones improved her WTA ranking from #942 to #819.

- Jaime Hampton improved her WTA ranking from #621 to #619.

Last edited by gouci : Jun 21st, 2009 at 07:50 AM.
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 09:09 AM   #35
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
1/12/09

5. Texas gets LOI from blue chip Aeriel Ellis.
Aeriel is going to Texas? That's shocking! That is never a school I heard her talk much about or show much interest in.
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 10:10 AM   #36
country flag gouci

Re: 2008-2009 recruiting - high interest

Hey Form when they switched to combined rankings they stopped giving out singles and doubles rankings. So the only way a 17 year old would show a singles or doubles ranking is if they had an ITF ranking from a few years ago when they were like 14 years old.

Anyone with an ITF ranking inside the top 100, such as Oates and Voicu, I expect to be blue chip caliber players.

With 8 players and only 1 senior, which blue chipper Catherine Isip will replace next year, I hope that means Pepperdine doesn't have a scholarship left for blue chipper Arianna Colffer therefore increasing her chances of signing with UCI.

Last edited by gouci : Jan 14th, 2009 at 10:19 AM.
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 02:19 PM   #37
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

I was wondering about Ellis seeing how she hasn't had the results on the ITF level. Does anyone know if she actually turned pro because if she did I would not expect her to be on the Texas roster until the 09-10 season.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 05:50 PM   #38
country flag gouci

Tennisace I would think a requirement to turn pro would be to have a WTA ranking 1st which Ellis has never acquired. I slotted her for next season because Texas seems to have 8 schollie players this year but 1 opening next year.

Form thanks for the congrats but I won't actually believe it until Colffer is playing for UCI in a fall tournament next season. (fingers crossed) Mallory Burdette seemed like a lock for Georgia when Stacey Tan signed with Stanford but the unexpected happened and Stanford signed both.

Was it CSUN or bad luck that the matadors may have signed exceptions to the rule on how good players that are ranked inside the ITF top 150 are expected to be.

Last edited by gouci : Jan 14th, 2009 at 05:58 PM.
Old Jan 16th, 2009, 03:27 AM   #39
country flag Powerblock

Powerblock is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know what's up at Florida? They only have 5 players on the roster for this year. Are there any late additions or are they really going to go with 5 all season? I can't imagine they'll be successful if that is the case. Seems like Thornqvist can't keep players around, a lot of transfers out of that program. They might've been one of the favorites this year if they had kept Cohen and Borsanyi.
Powerblock is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2009, 07:51 PM   #40
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerblock View Post
Does anyone know what's up at Florida? They only have 5 players on the roster for this year. Are there any late additions or are they really going to go with 5 all season? I can't imagine they'll be successful if that is the case. Seems like Thornqvist can't keep players around, a lot of transfers out of that program. They might've been one of the favorites this year if they had kept Cohen and Borsanyi.
Jessica Alexander (sister of Megan) joins in January. I'm sure they'll pick up an international player as well. It's very interesting to see Thornqvist's perspective on transferring. When he was a NCAA player he transferred schools and because of this I think is very pro-transferring, even if it's his own players. The most interesting part is that he doesn't even "punish" the transfers out of his program. What I mean by this is the coach must release the player and has the option to determine if they can play immediately without the loss of year of eligibility.

There are three scenarios of transferring:
1) The home coach grants the transfer the ability to immediately play without the loss of eligibility,
2) The home coach does not grant the transfer the ability to immediately play but the transfer does, resulting in a loss of one year of eligbility,
3) The home coach does not grant the transfer the ability to immediately play and the transfer sits out a year, without the loss of eligibility.

An example of 1) is Cohen and Borsanyi.
An example of 2) is Suzi Fodor (she transferred out of Mississippi her freshman year and was only eligibile to play two years at Cal)
An example of 3) is Amanda Craddock (who sat out a year/played on the tour).
Old Jan 17th, 2009, 03:26 PM   #41
Tennisace

Cecil has graduated early and will play immediately for Duke.

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...ATCLID=3646876

Duke just got a lot stronger with a very solid No. 1 to 5 with Iyer, Nze, Reka, Plotkin, and Cecil.
Old Jan 17th, 2009, 04:08 PM   #42
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

That's a huge get for Duke. Mallory could make a big impact this season
tucker1989 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2009, 06:11 PM   #43
country flag gouci

1/26/09

- UC Riverside gets 1 star walk-on Ayana Simmons.
Old Jan 28th, 2009, 09:01 PM   #44
country flag gouci

1/28/09

- Hawaii gets Algae Van den Bergh from Belgium.

- Hawaii gets unrated Crystine Ito.

- Hawaii gets unrated walk-on Dasha Lagmay.

- USC gets 3 star walk-on Jennifer Goldman. She transferred from Hawaii.

- USC gets 0 star walk-on Kathryn "Katie" King.

Last edited by gouci : Jan 29th, 2009 at 12:28 AM.
Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 08:33 AM   #45
country flag gouci

2/3/09

- Mississippi gets Abigail Guthrie of New Zealand. She originally planned on taking time off after graduation and starting college in the Fall of 2009.

- UNLV gets Rumyana Terzieva of Bulgaria.

Last edited by gouci : Feb 3rd, 2009 at 08:40 AM.