2008-09 verbals, high interest & transfers - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 10th, 2010, 12:50 AM   #136
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Re: Updates

2/9/10

- St. Mary's got junior walk-on not rated Alita Fisher. She's on scholarship with the St. Mary's women's volleyball team. She was the starting libero for the Gaels team which made back to back NCAA tourney appearances for 2008-09 & 2009-10. A rare 2 sport college tennis player.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 08:43 PM   #137
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

2/23/10

- Purdue lost from the roster #4 singles, sophomore Joanna Craven of Great Britain. She had a WTA ranking high of #1031.
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 06:18 PM   #138
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
2/23/10

- Purdue lost from the roster #4 singles, sophomore Joanna Craven of Great Britain. She had a WTA ranking high of #1031.
That's quite old news. Should I take it that the Purdue site isn't one you check very often?

I never like it when one of the players I follow (well, whose results I follow) disappears but Craven has reappeared at Leeds Metropolitan and is, I think, fourth seed in the ongoing British University champs. (The seedings are a bit hard to decipher in that list because they've mixed in qualifying and main draw seedings.)
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 07:14 PM   #139
country flag gouci

Embittered thanks for the update!

Maybe you can look through the list of players that have disappeared from rosters and see if you have an update for anyone else.

2008-09

2009-10

Last edited by gouci : Feb 24th, 2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old Feb 27th, 2010, 08:30 PM   #140
country flag Embittered

Quote:
Embittered thanks for the update!

Maybe you can look through the list of players that have disappeared from rosters and see if you have an update for anyone else.

2008-09

2009-10
Been putting this off, wasn't expecting to be able to do any of these, but since amongst some of the remarkably researched worked-out examples you've done, you've included a gimme, I'll take a look.
Quote:
The following players have disappeared from their school's roster and may become transfer candidates.

Ex. (disappeared from school roster of) - (player name) - (recruiting class)(star rating)

Harvard - Catriona Stewart sr. #5 - 2006 Great Britain ITF 364
Harvard - Elizabeth Brook jr. #7 - 2007 Great Britain
You have Catriona Stewart's start year wrong. She's been playing a few ITFs since graduating. What she's done in the world of lacrosse, I have no idea. I'm almost certain she's the sister of Sabrina Stewart.

Elizabeth Brook may have better things to do in her senior year (I don't know if it's the same woman or not, though it looks likely). She is the sister of Yale's Victoria Brook. She is the daughter of Philip Brook, the heir apparent to the chairmanship of the AELTC.

And that's that for this thread. Abigail Olivier and Jenna Webster have disappeared off the face of google, I can place Alice Hall in France on or around 2009-02-20 but that's not much use, and Vanessa Johansson could be Scarlett's sister for all I know.

Last edited by Embittered : Feb 27th, 2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old Mar 1st, 2010, 01:39 AM   #141
country flag Kevin.
Team USA ♥

Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2008-09 recruiting - verbals & high interest

Is Laura Slater Nicola's sister?
Doubles: Rank-15; Career High-12. Career Record: 108-114; Best Results: Winner: 2012-Wimbledon w/Kylger, 50k Lexington w/Kylger, 2011-Luxembourg w/drake1980;Finalist: 2012-San Diego w/Kylger, Moscow w/Kylger

Follow me on twitter!: www.twitter.com/kevintdillon
Kevin. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2010, 11:09 AM   #142
country flag Embittered

Re: 2008-09 recruiting - verbals & high interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin. View Post
Is Laura Slater Nicola's sister?
Laura's English and Nik is Scottish, so I assume (with some confidence) that she's not.
Old Mar 13th, 2010, 12:41 AM   #143
country flag gouci

3/12/10

- Penn St. lost from the roster in Fall 2008 #3 singles, senior 3 star Lauren Holzberg.

- Penn St. got 3 star Michelle Stracar.

- Penn St. got walk-on 3 star Kristen Roth.
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 03:09 AM   #144
country flag gouci

3/21/10

- West Virginia got junior 4 star Olga Elkin. She transferred out of Wichita St. where she played #8 singles.

- Wichita St. got Lutfiana Budiharto of Indonesia. She had a WTA ranking high of #725.

- Wichita St. got walk-on 1 star Lily Wakim.
Old Apr 9th, 2010, 07:11 PM   #145
country flag gouci

4/9/10

- Arkansas got Stephanie Roy of Canada. She had a WTA ranking high of #973. She is ineligible Spring 2009 and Fall 2009.

- Arkansas got Fernanda Perrotta of Argentina. She had a WTA doubles ranking high of #894. She is ineligible Spring 2009 and Fall 2009.
Old Apr 20th, 2010, 03:39 AM   #146
country flag gouci

4/19/10

- Mesa Community College (AZ) got 4 star Mele Iongi for 2009-10. She originally gave a verbal to New Mexico.
Old May 11th, 2010, 09:39 PM   #147
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

5/11/10

- University of North Carolina get Princeton transfer Lauren McHale. She did not play the 2009-2010 college season and has a career high ITF ranking of 90.

http://www.usta.com/Global/Play_Now/...spotlight.aspx

Quote:
Lauren McHale, 20, is a successful collegiate tennis player who, after spending two years at Princeton, will now compete at the University of North Carolina in the fall.

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 12:27 AM   #148
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbuddy12 View Post
5/11/10

- University of North Carolina get Princeton transfer Lauren McHale. She did not play the 2009-2010 college season and has a career high ITF ranking of 90.

http://www.usta.com/Global/Play_Now/...spotlight.aspx
Known about this for a while but...

Good for UNC though
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 01:13 AM   #149
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
Known about this for a while but...

Good for UNC though
Yeah, it's been known around for like....ever...

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 02:05 PM   #150
country flag johnnytennis

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbuddy12 View Post
Yeah, it's been known around for like....ever...
Why was she sitting out for a year at Princeton?
johnnytennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote