2008-2009 recruiting - "speculation only" - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 4th, 2009, 04:49 AM   #16
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Re: Updates

2/3/09

- Harvard gets back on the roster 5 star Agnes Sibilski. An injury ended her season last spring.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 4th, 2009, 08:43 AM   #17
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
2/3/09

- Harvard gets back on the roster 5 star Agnes Sibilski. An injury ended her season last spring.
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2009, 03:30 AM   #18
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

2/9/09

- Loyola Marymount loses from the roster Caroline Nothnagel of Germany who had been redshirting.
Old Feb 11th, 2009, 04:46 AM   #19
country flag gouci

2/10/09

- San Diego State loses from the roster Ozge Atalay of Turkey.
Old Feb 16th, 2009, 10:18 AM   #20
country flag gouci

2/16/09

- North Carolina St. loses from the roster Kristen Bleakley.

- North Carolina St. loses from the roster Catherine Grotz of Belgium.
Old Mar 29th, 2009, 04:38 AM   #21
country flag gouci

3/28/09

- Fresno St. loses from the roster Abigail Olivier of South Africa.
Old Mar 29th, 2009, 05:56 PM   #22
country flag form

form has disabled reputation
Re: 2008-2009 recruiting - "speculation only"

Abigail has been off the roster since January
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2009, 02:54 AM   #23
country flag gouci

4/12/09

- Stanford loses from the roster blue chip Courtney Clayton. One active player was expected to vacate the Stanford roster the day Mallory Burdette committed to them.
Old May 6th, 2009, 05:24 AM   #24
country flag TennisPines10

TennisPines10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2008-2009 recruiting - disappeared from roster, transfer candidates

Elizabeth Kobak is not a transfer candidate. I have heard that she is still happily at Columbia pursuing her B.A.
I hope she gets back into tennis, though. She was a great junior standout and an up-and-coming American on the WTA tour.
TennisPines10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2009, 08:48 AM   #25
country flag gouci

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisPines10 View Post
Elizabeth Kobak is not a transfer candidate. I have heard that she is still happily at Columbia pursuing her B.A.
I hope she gets back into tennis, though. She was a great junior standout and an up-and-coming American on the WTA tour.
Welcome to the board TennisPines10!

Thank you for sharing your info. I will note it down.

Did you also happen to hear why Kobak along with half the Columbia players left the team since the coaching change?
Old May 6th, 2009, 06:07 PM   #26
country flag gouci

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisPines10 View Post
Did Kobak even play 1 fall tournament or spring dual match with Columbia?
There is no record showing Kobak even played 1 set on Columbia's team.
Old May 6th, 2009, 07:32 PM   #27
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Did Kobak even play 1 fall tournament or spring dual match with Columbia?
There is no record showing Kobak even played 1 set on Columbia's team.
I was curious too, so I did some digging. She played a summer national tournament between her freshman and sophomore years, winning one match before retiring in the second.

grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/ind/sports/m-tennis/auto_pdf/128women.pdf

Apparently she was injured throughout her freshman year but was expected to return to competition in fall 2007. Apparently that didn't happen

http://www.columbiaspectator.com/200...women-s-tennis
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2009, 10:23 PM   #28

I doubt that Elizabeth will be returning to Columbia's tennis team, considering that she will be a senior. But maybe she will recover from her injury and return to the tour again? I hope so, she is kind of cute, but young...
Old May 6th, 2009, 10:33 PM   #29

Quote:
Welcome to the board TennisPines10!

Thank you for sharing your info. I will note it down.

Did you also happen to hear why Kobak along with half the Columbia players left the team since the coaching change?
Thanks for your welcome note, gouci. Not sure about the other girls who attend Columbia but are no longer on the women's tennis team. I only really followed Elizabeth's tennis and a handful of other players who are now in colleges aside from Columbia.
Old May 7th, 2009, 02:34 PM   #30
country flag gouci

5/7/09

- Arkansas loses from the roster Delia Damashin of Romania. This was after the 2008 season.