Maria s ranking. - Page 71 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 03:18 PM   #1051
country flag **mashafierce**

**mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all
Re: Maria s ranking.

HOw exacty do the ranking points work in year end championships?
**mashafierce** is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 05:47 PM   #1052
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by **mashafierce** View Post
HOw exacty do the ranking points work in year end championships?
Round Robin

P3 W3 L0 = 690
P3 W2 L1 = 530
P2 W2 L0 = 460
P3 W1 L2 = 370
P2 W1 L1 = 300
P1 W1 L0 = 230
P3 W0 L3 = 210
P2 W0 L2 = 140
P1 W0 L1 = 70

SF win = +360
Final win = +450

so a player making
FINAL with a W1 L2 record = 370 + 360(SF win) = 730
FINAL with a W2 L1 record = 530 + 360 (SF win) = 890
FINAL with a W3 L0 record = 690 + 360 (SF win) = 1050

Unbeaten Champ = 1500
Champ losing 1 RR = 1340
Champ losing 2 RR = 1180

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=395013
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 09:32 PM   #1053
country flag atominside

atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future

How would maria finish? no.2,3 or 4?

IDK why, but i've always liked her as the number 4
atominside is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 10:00 PM   #1054
country flag Sharapovian
RG '14

Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by atominside View Post
How would maria finish? no.2,3 or 4?

IDK why, but i've always liked her as the number 4
If Kvitova wins her next match she will become #2, Maria #3.

Azarenka can also pass her by reaching the final, I think.

I read somewhere she could even go down to #5 but don't know what the exact scenario was for that.
Sharapovian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 10:03 PM   #1055
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

It's Ok even if she ends up being 5# in the end . Everyone wrote her off in the end of last year and some were even saying that she'll never enter top 10 again.

I see better things ahead of her in 2012 .
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 10:45 PM   #1056
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold

Whatever, she's gonna remain top 4.
goldlion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2011, 01:47 AM   #1057
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

She is back into the TOP 10, that's what matters the year-end ranking is irrelevant!
Old Oct 28th, 2011, 04:59 PM   #1058
country flag canadia

canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light

I'm okay with Petra being #2. Honestly, I would rather have her as #1 given her Wimbledon crown. Anyone other than...never mind...old topic.
canadia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2011, 05:35 PM   #1059
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Considering the fact that Petra is the real #1 at the moment, I'm just ok with it. Because it means Maria is still the real #2
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2011, 07:55 PM   #1060
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

I'm actually a little glad Kvitova won the YEC (just like Maria in 04 I might add, Wimbledon and the YEC in the same year), makes her more worthy as a top player in my eyes.

Maria's ranking doesn't concert me one bit, as long as she stays in the top 8 to get better Slam draws I'm fine with it.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2011, 08:31 PM   #1061
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

So is Maria gonna end the year 3#?
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2011, 08:54 PM   #1062
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miloti View Post
So is Maria gonna end the year 3#?
Old Oct 30th, 2011, 09:03 PM   #1063
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

#4, like 2004-2005. *hint-hint*
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 10:28 AM   #1064
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

Maria is #2 at the current race to Istanbul now.

Latest Update:

Current Race Position (After Australian Open)

Race Singles (As of January 30, 2012)

1. Victoria Azarenka 2470 (2)
2. Maria Sharapova 1400 (1)
3. Petra Kvitova 1100 (2)
4. Kim Clijsters 1100 (2)
5. Agnieszka Radwanska 700 (2)
6. Caroline Wozniacki 620 (2)
7. Li Na 600 (2)
8. Daniela Hantuchova 600 (3)
------------------------------------------------------
9. Sara Errani 600 (3)
10. Kaia Kanepi 594 (3)
------------------------------------------------------
11. Zheng Jie 560 (2)
12. Ekaterina Makarova 520 (2)
13. Mona Barthel 486 (3)
14. Jelena Jankovic 460 (3)
15. Angelique Kerber 420 (3)
16. Iveta Benesova 408 (3)
17. Serena Williams 400 (2)
18. Francesca Schiavone 360 (3)
19. Sabine Lisicki 350 (2)
20. Svetlana Kuznetsova 350 (3)

And she is #3 for the new ranking, behind Azarenka and Kvitova and ahead of Wozniacki.

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic •
tumblr. • graphics thread •
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 10:36 AM   #1065
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Sarin
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote