Maria s ranking. - Page 51 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 7th, 2011, 12:16 PM   #751
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria s ranking.

She might go back a spot or two before the US Open but after that she will surely go back up. I'm not to worried. She hasnt got a lot of points to defend at the US Open and after that she has barely any to defend. She also has heaps of points to gain at the YEC. I'm pretty confident she will end the year inside the top 3-4.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 7th, 2011, 12:42 PM   #752
country flag MiiMo

MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMashaFan View Post
She might go back a spot or two before the US Open but after that she will surely go back up. I'm not to worried. She hasnt got a lot of points to defend at the US Open and after that she has barely any to defend. She also has heaps of points to gain at the YEC. I'm pretty confident she will end the year inside the top 3-4.
That's actually my feeling too !
If you establish the rankings with the USO Series off but with the USO 2010 points still counted you figure out that both Petra and Li Na overtake Maria. Of course, il will depend on how other players will perform especially Vika and Vera.

World Number One : The One and Only One

PS : Haters gonna hate

Follow me on Twitter : http://twitter.com/UpdateWTA
MiiMo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2011, 12:44 PM   #753
country flag MiiMo

MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of

By the way, Mathematically speaking, if Clijsters, Vera and Vika totally mess their USOS tournaments, and Maria wins both Stanford and Toronto, she could be Nr.2 ... This is purely maths...

World Number One : The One and Only One

PS : Haters gonna hate

Follow me on Twitter : http://twitter.com/UpdateWTA
MiiMo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2011, 01:03 PM   #754
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Ranking isn't important if Maria's goal is to win US Open. She needs to beat everybody.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2011, 11:19 PM   #755
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold

Fix her serve first, then the trophy, that's her formula now.

Indeed, I'm impressed with her serve improved in the Wimbledon final but I think that serve has taken her attention away from her other parts of the game on that day. And she just DF at the wrong times unlike with Lisicki. But to be honest, her serve is so predictable these days. Ad court: always T both first and second, rare slice wide Deuce court: First serve goes to T Second serve goes to wide. If it is developed in a permanent pattern, she's gonna be eaten.
goldlion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 12:16 AM   #756
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Not to worried about not being in the top 4 because even though she could draw Kimberly in the QFs, she could also draw Vera who I would take for Maria over anyone in the top 8 (and with Maria's luck in draws this year she may well get it ). Also wouldn't mind a stab at Vika in a slam.

I'm also not gonna lie, I want a Sharapova-Wozniacki final. The hype for their R4 matchup last year was insane, can you imagine if they met in the final?!?! Tennis hype mind fucking explosion!!!

And, can't believe we're at no.5! Just thinking back to that shitty asian swing losing to KDK and Vesnina... what a turnaround of a year!

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 12:22 AM   #757
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want Maria to play Cameline at the US Open anymore. At least not when it's windy, that basically screws up every chance she has of beating her there.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 12:45 AM   #758
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc-spurs View Post
Not to worried about not being in the top 4 because even though she could draw Kimberly in the QFs, she could also draw Vera who I would take for Maria over anyone in the top 8 (and with Maria's luck in draws this year she may well get it ). Also wouldn't mind a stab at Vika in a slam.

I'm also not gonna lie, I want a Sharapova-Wozniacki final. The hype for their R4 matchup last year was insane, can you imagine if they met in the final?!?! Tennis hype mind fucking explosion!!!

And, can't believe we're at no.5! Just thinking back to that shitty asian swing losing to KDK and Vesnina... what a turnaround of a year!
Oh Christ no, I couldn't deal with Maria possibly losing to Wozniacki in a Slam final
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 02:38 AM   #759
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold

At that time, Wozniacki wasn't number 1 yet and no one really criticize her at that time. She was playing out of her mind in the bottom half of the year. But since the beginning of this year, she's disappointed a lot of people, including herself being no.1 in the world. Things have changed. The hype is gone to whether Woz can step up.
goldlion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 05:47 AM   #760
country flag Aster7

Aster7 is just really nice Aster7 is just really nice Aster7 is just really nice Aster7 is just really nice Aster7 is just really nice Aster7 is just really nice Aster7 is just really nice Aster7 is just really nice Aster7 is just really nice Aster7 is just really nice Aster7 is just really nice

Why did she lose to Petra?:-(
Aster7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 06:08 AM   #761
country flag The Norwegian

The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian

Maybe she's saving up for Flushing Meadows?
The Norwegian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 06:32 AM   #762
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

oh ok, so I'm not the only one that would hate it if Maria and Wozniacki met.
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 10:44 AM   #763
country flag The Norwegian

The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian

Maria against Caroline? That's not fair!
The Norwegian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 01:08 PM   #764
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldlion View Post
Fix her serve first, then the trophy, that's her formula now.

Indeed, I'm impressed with her serve improved in the Wimbledon final but I think that serve has taken her attention away from her other parts of the game on that day. And she just DF at the wrong times unlike with Lisicki. But to be honest, her serve is so predictable these days. Ad court: always T both first and second, rare slice wide Deuce court: First serve goes to T Second serve goes to wide. If it is developed in a permanent pattern, she's gonna be eaten.
Everthing else will follow once Maria is confident and comfortable with her serves. It has taken more than two years but she will get there.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 03:32 PM   #765
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

I actually want Woz and Mash to meet.

If Maria can't beat Woz, then she doesn't deserve to win, period. Maybe not in a final, but in the quarters or semis.

It felt so good when she beat her in Rome, imagine how good it would feel if she beats her at the US.
I'm sick of easy draws, she never won a slam with an easy draw.