Maria s ranking. - Page 23 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 30th, 2011, 08:53 PM   #331
country flag denny5576

denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of
Re: Maria s ranking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miloti View Post
Masha needs to win a big tittle ASAP! IF she does win one of the following tournaments : Dubai,Miami, Indian-Wells before the start of the Clay season she could enter the top 10
win in Paris is enough
denny5576 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 30th, 2011, 08:54 PM   #332
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

To get into top 10 . I don't think so
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 08:58 PM   #333
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

If only she could stay healthy and actually play decent during the IW/Miami swing. She could grab so many points there.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 09:01 PM   #334
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

If she wins Paris, she'll rise to number 11, and if Dementieva finally gets her ass off the rankings, top 10

so not happening though
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 09:04 PM   #335

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

WTF? She only has to win Paris and she'll be number 11 .

Dementieva asked her name to be removed from the rankings and so did Henin . So maybe a top 10 finish after Paris is possible after all
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 09:09 PM   #336
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Just to make things clear, are we talking about Paris indoors or French Open here?
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 09:11 PM   #337
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

Paris Indoors ofc!
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 09:16 PM   #338
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

well, if she plays well and her game finally becomes stable (unlike almost perfect match against Goerges followed by WTF stinker against Petkovic), the ranking will take care of itself. At this point I will be happy if she peaks for French and Wimby, giving herself the best chance to win those two. At the end of the day - it's all about slams, ain't it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 09:37 PM   #339

I am talking about the Paris indoors
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 09:48 PM   #340
country flag denny5576

denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of

Win in Paris (not RG) is enough for Maria to become again TOP-10 player. But it is not easy. Therefore TOP-10 after Dubai is more realistic option.
denny5576 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 09:52 PM   #341
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder how her body will hold up with all the tennis she's about to play...
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 10:04 PM   #342

It will hold up fine. She is a professional athlete after all
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 10:15 PM   #343
country flag ~MashyOwnThemAll

~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miloti View Post
It will hold up fine. She is a professional athlete after all
what a....... oh right, shoulder surgery at age of 20 (21)

Last edited by ~MashyOwnThemAll : Jan 30th, 2011 at 10:22 PM.
~MashyOwnThemAll is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2011, 03:49 AM   #344
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Right now, on the WTA Rankings list Pova has 2936 points for #13 (Elena D is gone).
ARad holds the #10 position with 3340 Ranking points.
So maybe Pova can catch ARad for #10.

The problem is that Vika is #9 and she is 999 ranking points ahead of Pova!

To get firmly into the Top 10 and stay there, say to #7 or #8, she needs to advance a minimum of 1500 points on her rivals currently in positions #10 to #7. That will not be easily nor quickly done.

For example, if her rivals only cover last year's points and Pova reaches the SemiFinals at Dubai, Doha, IW and Miami, Pova will only gain 1300 points on them. And wouldn't we be pleased with SF runs in all those tournaments, ecstatic actually! And not gonna happen...

Building up her ranking is going to be a slow process, requiring consistent performance to get into the Top 8, where her seeding will be improved.
perseus2006 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2011, 05:57 AM   #345
country flag Sp!ffy

Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute

What's so great about being in the top 10?
Sp!ffy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote