Marion's Road To Flushing Meadows 2008 - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 2nd, 2008, 11:01 PM   #91
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marion's Road To Flushing Meadows 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Marion View Post
When Marion hurt her ankle Sugi hit her with a ball too, then gave some sarcastic looks when Marion took time out for treatment.

Chakky.. well she famously shouted at the ballbloy on Thursday.
Awwww,what a shame;so you're telling me that Sugiyama is having some sort of mid-life crisis.Perhaps it would encourage Ai if I told her that losing to Marion didn't cost her very much.As she hasn't won a tourney since 2004,and NEVER a Tier 1,she had as much chance of winning Montreal as YOU do. Do you think THAT would make her feel better?

Were you able to make out in which language Chalky used when shouting at the ballboy...or what she said?She may have thought it was okay to bitch and moan in English---forgetting that the Quebecois are SUPER protective of their Francophone culture....hmmmmm....I might just help Anna with the native tongue in Montreal by reading her some French poetry

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 3rd, 2008, 04:35 AM   #92
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I'm just blinded by love,but I really believe that Marion would've pulled this off had it not been for the two rain delays.Marion tends to be SUCH a streaky player;having her rhythm thrown off against a pesky type such as Cibulkova is a tough blow to fight back from.Even so,I have some genuine optimism now that she's on the right track somewhat.We'll have to see how far she can take this recent improvement while not ignoring the likelihood that she must change her arrangement with dad a little.

In the spirit of fairness,my hats off to Cibulkova who earned this win fair and square....I just wish she could've earned it in Stockholm instead of Montreal. Marion,mon cherie,allez!!!

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
Old Aug 3rd, 2008, 10:34 AM   #93
country flag Super_Marion

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold

Nothing is fair and square when girls play.

But yes, the weather beat Marion not Cibulkova.
Old Aug 3rd, 2008, 10:36 AM   #94

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Awwww,what a shame;so you're telling me that Sugiyama is having some sort of mid-life crisis.Perhaps it would encourage Ai if I told her that losing to Marion didn't cost her very much.As she hasn't won a tourney since 2004,and NEVER a Tier 1,she had as much chance of winning Montreal as YOU do. Do you think THAT would make her feel better?

Were you able to make out in which language Chalky used when shouting at the ballboy...or what she said?She may have thought it was okay to bitch and moan in English---forgetting that the Quebecois are SUPER protective of their Francophone culture....hmmmmm....I might just help Anna with the native tongue in Montreal by reading her some French poetry
bendy bus
Old Aug 3rd, 2008, 12:17 PM   #95
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
bendy bus
Another pretentious British term for the bus that carries folks to insane asylum?

Old Aug 3rd, 2008, 03:52 PM   #96
country flag Bartoli's Boy

Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of

I only saw the first set and a bit... did Marion keep hitting those crazy moonballs all match? It was so strange in the first set, everytime Marion hit one, she won the point I think? Cibulkova was like "oh I'll just let all these balls bounce really high and set you up to hit a big winner" I guess it was giving her so much difficulty because Cibulkova is so tiny, but I'm hoping Marion didn't keep doing it the whole match, hence losing when her opponent figured out how to deal with it?

So sad that Marion didn't get to the final. I love her new service motion though. The commentators kept saying how awkward it looks, but I think she looks very graceful in the ballet stance.
Bartoli's Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2008, 08:08 PM   #97
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

A long and very interesting Marion's interview here : http://www.rogerscup.com/2/en/draws/...artolifr_2.pdf

Sorry, it is in French. She explains why she was so upset. Everybody knows why now. But above all, she doesn't understand how Domi ran faster after second recovery.

She is not sure for Cincinatti. It will depend on her hankle. But for sure, she'll play Newhaven and USO of course.
Lighter is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2008, 09:02 PM   #98
country flag Schnyderfreak

Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of

WOW I haven't been on the forum for too long but I'm very glad that Marion is doing well again with a final and a semi.ALLEZZ Keep this going Marion!! If it helps i'll stay away and follow the results anonymously ;-)

True follower of
Vera Zvonareva Jelena Jankovic Marion Bartoli

Official Fysio/blister patcher of the DONT KNOCK THE DOK!!

Jelena Dokic She's back!!!!
Schnyderfreak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 11:05 AM   #99
country flag Renalicious
goatra

Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone know why she's not playing the Olympics?

serena, jankovic, venus, na, hsieh, date-krumm, jovanovski
makarova, diatchenko, halep, goerges and kvitova

My Youtube Channel
Renalicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 11:53 AM   #100
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoV&Rena View Post
A while back someone posted something to the effect that Marion withdrew from consideration because she wouldn't comply with France's strict specifications regarding coaching.Basically,her dad would be allowed zero role if she went to the Olympics where she could only be coached by 'so-and-so' who had been approved by the French Olympic Committee.

That may not be the absolutely clearest possible explanation but you can infer the meaning OK.Personally,I would't blame Marion for NOT feeling patriotic in light of the snotty-ass attitude that the French Federation and other higher-ranked players have shown.......Maybe the Gringos should've let the Germans conquer that country after all.

Old Aug 8th, 2008, 03:04 PM   #101
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoV&Rena View Post
I already answered to this question in Western & Southern Financial Group Women’s Open thread :

In order to be clear, she disagrees with training methods of French team (too many training matchs). So, she prefers stay on her own with her father. And that is why she refused to join French team in China in the beginning of 2008. Due to ITF rules, she is not eligible fot OG.

It explains why she has made an early commitment to the 2008 Western & Southern Financial Group Women’s Open.

In fact, her last goal is to play OG in Wimbledon 2012.

Marion's Interview in French (translation in english here : http://marionbartoli.blog.co.uk/)

Q. Tu as décidé donc il y a longtemps de pas faire les JO. En ce moment tu
joues bien. Tu n'as pas un peu de regret de pas pouvoir enchaîner sur un tournoi
important comme ça?
MARION BARTOLI: Bien, en fait, je joue bien pour une certaine raison. Et si
je vais au JO dans la façon dont la fédé me le propose, de toute façon je jouerai
pas à ce niveau-là. Donc, ça sert à quoi? Vous me voyez là aujourd'hui, dans
l'état où je suis, prendre l'avion rentrer à Paris. Lundi soir je reprends l'avion
pour aller à Beijing et on me dit, bon bien c'est bien Marion, mais maintenant
pendant cinq jours tu t'entraînes comme nous on a décidé et tu fais quatre heures
par jour, parce que comme tu t'es pas entraînée assez, t'as pas fait assez de
matchs, il faut que tu fasses quatre heures par jour avec deux matchs
d'entraînement par jour, parce que comme tu joues pas toute l'année, il faut que
tu fasses des matchs d'entraînement. On a tout compris, on sait comment il faut
que tu t'entraînes. Et puis ton père, eh ben, tu le laisses à côté et on verra bien.
Eh ben, à votre avis dans une semaine je suis dans quel état et je joue comment?

Last edited by Lighter : Aug 8th, 2008 at 03:12 PM.
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 03:13 PM   #102
country flag bruce goose

Sorry for my bad,wrong explanation,Marionettes

Old Aug 8th, 2008, 03:25 PM   #103
country flag Lighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Sorry for my bad,wrong explanation,Marionettes
It is not a patriotic problem even she's Corsican. She just wants to be trained by her father and not by Goven. Perhaps it is not true but she considers that he'll ask her to play too many training matchs. She's scared to be too tired before official matchs.

In fact, she plays very few training matchs (last one is on youtube vs Svet in Eastbourne '08). Someone I know was in Eastbourne to see Amélie and told me that Svet crushed Marion). Marion reached semi final when Svet lost very early.
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 04:24 PM   #104

Full explanationn http://marionbartoli.blog.co.uk/2007...ns_non~3468207

Jim Morris and I are feeling that there may be a link between Marion's treament last week in Montreal and prior decision not to participate in the Olympics.
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 05:51 PM   #105
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Full explanationn http://marionbartoli.blog.co.uk/2007...ns_non~3468207

Jim Morris and I are feeling that there may be a link between Marion's treament last week in Montreal and prior decision not to participate in the Olympics.
Btw,I can see those sparkles around Marion even when people don't place them there with special effects....LOVE the way you forcefully state your facts and opinions(how NON-British).Even if she NEVER attends during her career,my dark-haired goddess from Mt.Olympus is Marion