Marion's Road To Flushing Meadows 2008 - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 29th, 2008, 01:13 AM   #61
country flag Super_Marion

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold
Re: Marion's Road To Flushing Meadows 2008

Well she did do ballet as a child, so it makes sense. Marion has a beautiful cultured ball-toss.
Advertisement

Old Jul 30th, 2008, 11:24 AM   #62
country flag weary

weary is a glorious beacon of light weary is a glorious beacon of light weary is a glorious beacon of light weary is a glorious beacon of light weary is a glorious beacon of light weary is a glorious beacon of light weary is a glorious beacon of light weary is a glorious beacon of light weary is a glorious beacon of light weary is a glorious beacon of light weary is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck in Canada, Marion!
weary is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2008, 08:04 PM   #63
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Marion is in the 3rd round already, she advanced on Alisa's withdrawal due to a lower back injury. I hope the Russian player is fine. That's good for Marion since even her wasn't feeling so great the last time she was on the court (dizziness). So it should enable her to recover more and get ready for a new fight against Chakvetadze.

Allez Marion !

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2008, 12:01 AM   #64
country flag Super_Marion

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold

Yeh it's a shame for Kleybanova. No on e likes it when that happens to a player. It is awkward for everyone.

Alisa is quite hefty though and hits the ball hard so one can understand how it would be possible for her to get that kind of injury.

The most important thing for us is that Marion is feeling well and ready to lay into Chakky.
Old Jul 31st, 2008, 10:12 AM   #65
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Marion's draw starts to look the same as in Stanford . A brit, Chakvetadze & potentially Sugiyama in QF . Except that it could bring her LOT of points...
Allez Marion, don't waste your chances!!!!

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

Old Jul 31st, 2008, 03:29 PM   #66
country flag BartoliBabes

BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future

Alot Of Points Available!

Bartoli / Riske / Lucic / Dokic / Hantuchova / Halep
BartoliBabes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2008, 09:10 PM   #67
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Match stopped because of rain at 64 54 40/40 for Chakvetadze. Marion had 2 Bps in this game, Anna one MP.
Marion overall wasted so many occasions and her serve has been off. Let's hope she can give herself the chance of playing a bit more, allez!

Old Jul 31st, 2008, 09:12 PM   #68
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute

I know. What's going on with her serve? It was so good against South. When she's injured she just spins them in. I don't know if she's injured or sick but I think that's whats going on here.
Marionated is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2008, 12:02 AM   #69
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Marion won 46 75 76(4) .

Incredible match, such a weird one . Marion saved one more MP at 64 54, BPs at 5/5 and eventually closed the set. Then I thought 'ok it should be quick now' but Marion choked a 53 lead in the third having double match point on serve. She also had 2 more on Anna's serve... She saved BPs at 55 and finally came back from 0/2 in the tie-break! Anna made a DF at 4/5 and Marion knew she couldn't lose to her !

I'm so proud of Marion, first time this year she wins a match recovering from a 1st set deficit. Saved MPs. A second top 10 win. A QF in Tier I. And finally the end of her negative ratio!
Marion will play Ai again. This time odds are in favour of the Japonese since she had a free day to rest, Marion will surely be tired but I'm sure she will give it all. This is a huge opportunity...

Allez Marion !!!!!!!!!

I also wanted to say that I'm leaving in holidays tomorrow, so I wish everybody to have nice time! Cheer for Marion for me!

Old Aug 1st, 2008, 12:24 AM   #70
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Though I took French in high school in the U.S.,I would've laughed if you had told me during my horny adolescent years that I'd fall in love with a fat,Corsican/French girl who's less than 5'8"....Marion

I disagree with one thing that Iceland said:IF Marion has maintained her fitness within the last week,then she can finish off Sugi quickly in straight sets and that will offset Ai's rest.Obviously,a marathon match would be disfavorable but I won't give up on my chubby cutey regardless.

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2008, 12:42 AM   #71
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute

Though I'm estatic she won, I'm worried about Marion's serve. The stats shown that is really off today, wheras it was brilliant against South. She'll need to serve better against Ai (who, by the way, has played a doubles match so hasn't had a full day of rest.) but I think she can win and get to her first tier 1 semi.
Have a good time on your holidays Iceland
Marionated is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2008, 12:50 AM   #72
country flag infineon

infineon is a name known to all infineon is a name known to all infineon is a name known to all infineon is a name known to all infineon is a name known to all infineon is a name known to all infineon is a name known to all infineon is a name known to all infineon is a name known to all infineon is a name known to all infineon is a name known to all

Congrats Marion! Amazing performance and fighting attitude! 46 75 76(4)
Now she's 3-1 against Chakvetadze!
Anyway, since Eastbourne Marion seems to find her range a little more. Go, beat and Sugiyama again to make the SF!
What I love most about Marion is how she strikes the ball in such a clean way, her swings seem to be so natural even though she's two-handed.
In my opinion she has the best hands in women's tennis concerning ball control and accuracy. It's such a pleasure to watch her play!
Old Aug 1st, 2008, 03:39 PM   #73
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

Corsican girl is still alive. Why not a rain delay in order to play later ?
Lighter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2008, 08:38 PM   #74
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Well,I'm off to work...my beloved Marion Goose just put out two lousy service games to end the 1st set but I'm HOPING that this resulted from overconfidence in DESTROYING Sugi's serve.Now you be a good girl and close this out in two sets while I'm away,Marion.

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2008, 08:45 PM   #75
country flag BartoliBabes

BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future BartoliBabes has a brilliant future

fantastic result!
since eastbourne things have been looking up for marion

Bartoli / Riske / Lucic / Dokic / Hantuchova / Halep
BartoliBabes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote