Marion's Road To Flushing Meadows 2008 - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 20th, 2008, 09:23 PM   #46
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marion's Road To Flushing Meadows 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Marion View Post
No you are correct.

My spelling must be famously appalling among the lurkers who read my blog.
Well,I got home from church just in time to see Marion fight off 2 break points in her typically-shaky 1st service game of the match.

Before I head back to the match I'll say that you more than make up for your mediocre spelling with your provocative intellect and sassy personality.

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 20th, 2008, 10:13 PM   #47
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

This is BAD so far;Marion BLEW a chance to serve for the set and is losing to a cow who should only win tennis tournaments in the Canadian Dairy League. Wozniak made the final of one of the weakest Mickey Mouse-level Tier 4s(Fes 2007),and has only made the QFs ONE other time in her career...and that was in her homeland,Quebec City in Canada---not exactly a ferocious tourney,either...right now I'm waiting on a classic Marion comeback!!

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 10:24 PM   #48
country flag Bartoli's Boy

Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of

Oh god, I go away on holiday and the first time I get to check the forums, Marion is playing in the finals of Stanford. Watching the live score now, biting my nails.

Nooo Wozniak just broke to go 3-1 up in the second set as I'm typing.

Come on Mar

Edit: she lost. A good run though. I hope she can take confidence from that, rather than just dwell on the final.

Last edited by Bartoli's Boy : Jul 20th, 2008 at 10:46 PM.
Bartoli's Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 10:48 PM   #49
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Ola won 75 63. Played her best tennis in this final, Marion was not inspired enough -no variations in her zones-, the serve was a bit off and Wozniak had a couple of lucky shots that disgusted Marion especially when she was serving for the set at 54.
What I dislike is her lack of fighting spirit in the second set. Apart of this, I'm very happy of this week.

Still a negative ratio this season but it shouldn't last for too long. Marion

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 10:50 PM   #50
country flag bruce goose

Well,I'm gonna keep the promise I made to myself to avoid using the most vulgar profanity(Spanish,English,OR French).Marion simply can NOT expect to maintain a high ranking by losing to the sorry,third-rate Wozniaks of the world.What?Did she bribe Marion by offering her one of the 8 or 9 cakes that her fat ass was planning to eat tonight?

A cynic might say that a healthy Serena would've double-bageled Lard-Ass in the semis(probably so),and then she would've beaten Marion in the final anyway...but I'm just grasping at anything right now. Losing decisively to this low-talented,Canadian parade float seems to undo ANY progress that Marion was making,and I don't know HOW she can build on this...I practically never get drunk on Sunday but maybe it's time to break that trend

Old Jul 20th, 2008, 11:04 PM   #51
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute

I think Marion needs to get a real coach. Seriously, Walter seems like a nice man who loves his daughter alot but he isn't helping her ridiculous.
Telling her to put the weight on to get more power in her shots is just ridiculous. It saddens me that Marion isn't fulfiling her potential. She has the game to win Tier 1 and 2 titles and be a solid top 10 player but not the body. Playing all those matches in a row takes its toll on her; today she was limping really badly. And this isn't the first time this has happened. Like, I truly thought she was going to win Paris indoors earlier on this year but she injured her back in the second set of her semi against Anna C and lost something like 10 games in a row. If she was fit that wouldn't be happening. Experts like Navratilova have also said the exact same thing about her but she just won't listen to the good advice that could take her to new heights. Plus, if she were to get her body into shape she would be a much better mover and defender and therefore wouldn't have any major weaknesses in her game.
Still, it seems like she's getting her year back on a track. A tier 2 final is pretty good (though I can't overlook the fact it was very, very winnable).
Marionated is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2008, 01:52 AM   #52
country flag Super_Marion

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold

Marion had a good week wih a poor conclusion. Dissapointing to lose to that. Very. The serve was off. The nerves where on.

How cou;d a soulgirl lose.
Old Jul 21st, 2008, 01:55 AM   #53

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold

i been for more than a day. so me and B Bear are off ti beo
Old Jul 21st, 2008, 08:16 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Marion View Post
i been for more than a day. so me and B Bear are off ti beo
wt..... oh my goodness! After 25 hours awake, I was pretty sleepy when I wrote that. And Getting up in the middle of the night all week.

Anyways, Marion was injured.
Old Jul 26th, 2008, 09:30 AM   #55
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Montreal draw is out :

(6) Chakvetadze - Bye
Craybas - Fichman
Q - Kleybanova
Q - (10) Bartoli
(16) Vaidisova - Sugiyama
Lisicki - Peer
Mattek - Domachowska
Bye - (3) Sharapova
Good draw for Marion . She should be able to defend her QF pts of last year. Well, I hope so... Allez!

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

Old Jul 26th, 2008, 11:34 PM   #56

Yes on the basis of the past months head to heads, then it is a decent draw. But in my view its more about the fact Marion is a decent player than about it being a decent draw. She could perform to the same standard in any of the other three sections.

Good luck Marion!!
Old Jul 28th, 2008, 02:46 PM   #57

Another Brit.. Mel South.

Good Luck M
Old Jul 28th, 2008, 05:28 PM   #58
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Marion defeated South 63 67 60 . Such a struggle but I'm glad she recovered in the end, she didn't look tired nor injured. She just wasted energy in such a match in my opinion. No offense to the Brit but she doesn't play at the same category as Marion.
I saw the end of third set, Marion wasn't moving so well again, a bit too slow but her strokes her good. She changed her serve motion again adding some ballerina position before throwing the ball . It worked well today, 71% of first serves, 11 aces, got broken only twice.

Next : Kleybanova/Rolle.
Allez Marion!

Old Jul 28th, 2008, 10:18 PM   #59
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Interview of Marion after her win:

http://www.rogerscup.com/2/en/draws/...bartoli_28.pdf

Old Jul 28th, 2008, 10:39 PM   #60
country flag Bartoli's Boy

Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of

Well done Marion. Perhaps she shouldn't have lost a set, but 6-0 in the third is a good way to recover.

Can't wait to see this new service motion that Iceland mentions, hehe.
Bartoli's Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote