Marion's Road To Flushing Meadows 2008 - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 19th, 2008, 03:49 AM   #16
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marion's Road To Flushing Meadows 2008

It seems like yesterday--2006 in Japan,I think--when Marion finally broke her oh-fer against the gorgeous,modestly-ranked Dushevina.She's only played Sugiyama once in about four years(Zurich 2006 was the last time),so most of the losses are ancient history,career-wise.We've all learned how hard it is to predict Marion's play,but the win over Anna shows that she's capable of beating Top 10 players again! We'll see what tomorrow's journey on the Marion Roller Coaster Ride brings us.

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 19th, 2008, 04:04 AM   #17
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

exactly BG, she can easily win against Ai. She's good against lesser opponents but i don't think she'll be able to beat Marion if she plays as well as she did against Chakvedatze
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 09:57 AM   #18
country flag wales1994

wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future

well done Bartoli i want a tourny win here
wales1994 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 07:12 PM   #19
country flag Super_Marion

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold

No not at all. It was simply the shock of Keothavong beating Sania..

I love tennis, but I have no other favorites.. no second third fourth fifth favorites. Only Marion for me. My number 1! my only one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
NOOOO....PLEASE don't tell me that you're conflicted because Marion is facing a British player. Although it rarely,if ever,happens that a Mexican gal makes a main draw(they get wildcards in Acapulco),I wouldn't wane in my support of Marion if she happened to face a Mexican.

Put it in perspective:Keothavong has made it past the 2nd Round ONCE in her entire career,at Tier 3...can't believe it's rated THAT high...Kolkata last year.Since she has ZERO shot at winning the tourney,you may as well cheer for Marion.
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 07:17 PM   #20
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Marion View Post
No not at all. It was simply the shock of Keothavong beating Sania..

I love tennis, but I have no other favorites.. no second third fourth fifth favorites. Only Marion for me. My number 1! my only one.
At this point I'm not sure what to expect,Super M;my hopes tell me that Sugiyama is a shadow of her former self(zero titles in the last three-odd years)...but then your "mercurial" word keeps popping into my head....I still hate the name "Flushing Meadows" btw;someone needs to "flushing" that title down the toilet!

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm

Last edited by bruce goose : Jul 19th, 2008 at 07:20 PM. Reason: addendum
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 07:21 PM   #21

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold

You guys are lucky to have seen the match. Sigh. My connection is diabolically slow.
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 07:25 PM   #22

Quote:
"OK,Marion,I asked you to come here because I had to tell you face-to-face that I'm FED up with the way that you DELIBERATELY torment your loyalists--ESPECIALLY us guys--by going to the brink of defeat vs. ITF-caliber players,so I'm NOT gonna continue following you as before....What?....Well,of COURSE I'm happy that you won but you're KILLING me with this anguish that you keep causing so I'm NOT....WHY are you playing with your hair like that?Do you think that you can break my will by teasing your thick...lively...sultry...tantalizing....U mmm...What was I saying...Oh yeah,I'm NOT gonna tolerate how you....Now WHY are you looking at me that way?If you think that you can change my mind by capturing me with your majestic...sparkling...hypnotic eyes.......What I MEAN is,you're NOT gonna persuade me with your smile no matter HOW dazzling...heartwarming...mesmerizing.......I-I-I....(The Surrender)I CAN'T get enough of your torture,Marion!"
what can I say
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 07:28 PM   #23
country flag bruce goose

Btw,Marionettes,in case our queen advances to the Stanford final---VERY do-able---don't be deceived by the score of Serena's current match.Serena is simply bored and often plays lethargically when she doesn't think her opponent is capable of beating her.She'll almost certainly raise her focus against Marion.This doesn't make it an impossible task(we're not on grass here),it merely heightens the stakes.

Old Jul 19th, 2008, 07:31 PM   #24

Quote:
At this point I'm not sure what to expect,Super M;my hopes tell me that Sugiyama is a shadow of her former self(zero titles in the last three-odd years)...but then your "mercurial" word keeps popping into my head....I still hate the name "Flushing Meadows" btw;someone needs to "flushing" that title down the toilet!
What title do you propose then BeeGee.

Six and a half hours 'til Marion's semi final. Me and Bartoli Bear better get some sleep now to be up in time for the match.
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 09:13 PM   #25
country flag bruce goose

This sloppily organized webpage went offline for a few hours....Since then,Serena has retired with a seemingly-legit knee injury that bothered her the whole match,and the sassy Super M is resting up with some beauty sleep that'll have her lively enough to follow Marion's match despite the time difference in England.

To answer her question,the USO is located in the NY borough of Queens,so a better name,in MY opinion,would be:Queens' Championship Courts...it might not be EVERYone's favorite but it's a HELLUVA lot less dorky than "Flushing Meadows".

Just for the record,the reproduction of my 'dialogue' with Marion came straight off the top of my head,UNPLANNED,following the match with Keothavong;it was a by-product of Bartoli-inspired imagination.

Old Jul 19th, 2008, 09:38 PM   #26
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Please Marion don't waste this HUGE opportunity of taking a Tier II title. Cmon!

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaď - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 10:06 PM   #27
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceland View Post
Please Marion don't waste this HUGE opportunity of taking a Tier II title. Cmon!
My thoughts exactly; this is a golden opportunity for her with Serena out. However, she has to get to the final first. Now I know Ai is a good player but Marion should beat her because of Ai's lack of serve and power; I don't really think she has the weapons to beat Marion nowadays.
That long post on the previous page
Marionated is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 10:19 PM   #28
country flag bruce goose

That long post on the previous page [/quote]You wouldn't be referring to post #12,would you?

Old Jul 19th, 2008, 10:41 PM   #29
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That long post on the previous page
You wouldn't be referring to post #12,would you?[/quote]

Of course! It's still hilarious rereading it for like the 5th time.
Marionated is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 10:49 PM   #30
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doa15 View Post
You wouldn't be referring to post #12,would you?
Of course! It's still hilarious rereading it for like the 5th time.[/quote]Though I don't know why,that kind of stuff just POPS right into my head without any deep thought.You may have seen the posts of a lovable Aussie gal named 'Nikkie' here at Tennis Forum.One day,I posted--to paraphrase--'Hi,horny girl' without even thinking over it.......and now there's a very popular thread which is titled after Nikkie's 'adopted' name.