Gajdosova Engaged to Groth - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 24th, 2008, 10:38 AM   #16
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future
Re: Gajdosova Engaged to Groth

She's alot like Sophie Ferguson - who is constantly injured but never looks toned.
There might be an element of luck in injuries, I mean you can be as fit as you ever can be, but if you turn your ankle, that can happen fit or unfit. Or there's always someone like Monique Adamczak, who had a history of overtaining, and therefore spent many months off the tour. But its ensuring that odds remain on your side with the right amount of targetted training balanced with good eating.
Advertisement

Old Jul 24th, 2008, 02:56 PM   #17
country flag slamman

slamman has disabled reputation
Re: Gajdosova's tennis career

"louloubelle" your comments are spot on firstly the comparison with a Sophie Ferguson very true, she never looks physically in the shape she needs to be in either. Like you said she is another who seems to continually break down. Her like Gajdosova both seem to go up and down so much with there weight and are often on the "heavy" side which no question has to increase there chances of sustaining an injury as well as directly affecting there performance. How can they sustain any high quality needed to play 3 set matches that can last 2-3 hours a Gajdosova especially who is so explosive as a player and has such a big game has to be moving very well in order for her to play and execute her game to her potential !

I don't see that now sorry she was very good mover when she was ranked as high as in the 60's in the world but from the matches we have seen this year she is too sluggish and slow especially when pushed wide in the corners and that is also why her game breaks down too fast and she makes so many errors when under pressure. It also affects her shot selection because not getting in position fast enough she goes oftn for the lowest percentage shots and is just too hit or miss ! if sh improved her movement and fitness I am sure her game would start to improve dramatically

Yes you can be as you said in incredible shape but still be unlucky and get injured sure nothin is guareenteed, but you greatly increase the odds if your not in the physical shape needed to deal with the stress and rigors of being a professional player the tour. Its a thing called injury prevention and tha is about physically being in the best shape possible ,without tha foundation its very ough to succeed !
slamman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2008, 12:44 AM   #18
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Small article on TA site about Jarka's results at the AIG Japan Open says Gajdosova and Groth are going to be married next year
OZTENNIS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 07:45 AM   #19
country flag broncosven

broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute

Jarka is getting married soon after Oz open

after she is married will im assuming it will become easier and faster for her to get the (AUS) next to her name ??

Alicia Molik~Nicole Pratt~Samantha Stosur~Christina Wheeler

Nicole Kriz~Monique Adamczak~Isabella Holland~Jessica Moore

Emily Hewson~Trudi Musgrave~Sophie Ferguson~Casey Dellacqua
broncosven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 11:49 PM   #20
country flag Acanthus

Acanthus is just really nice Acanthus is just really nice Acanthus is just really nice Acanthus is just really nice Acanthus is just really nice Acanthus is just really nice Acanthus is just really nice Acanthus is just really nice Acanthus is just really nice Acanthus is just really nice Acanthus is just really nice

They got married now! Looks like you'll have to change the name of this forum.

Gajdosova and Groth tie the knot

Tennis Australia
Melbourne, 05 February 2009

The player formerly known as Jarmila Gajdosova is now Jarmila Groth after her marriage to Albury native and Australian No.9 Sam Groth.

The pair celebrated their tennis-themed wedding last week in Albury with family and friends.

“It was good; it was fun. I think we’re actually a pretty good match on the court as well”, said a smiling Gajdosova in Melbourne. “We just need to play a few more matches together."

The duo have been together since 2007 when they met at the Australian Institute of Sport where they were both training. They’ve been together ever since and have even formed an on-court partnership, contesting in the mixed doubles at the Australian Open for the past two years.

Unfortunatley for the 21-year-old newlyweds there is little time to honeymoon as they are both off to different events. Jarmila will make her way to Thailand for an event there while Sam travels to Spain to train.

Link: http://www.tennis.com.au/pages/News....se&newsid=5396
Acanthus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2009, 12:02 AM   #21
country flag Harvs

Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute

Jarka Groth
Harvs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2009, 03:50 PM   #22
country flag FanHochZwei

FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold
Weddings pics

FanHochZwei is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2009, 08:45 AM   #23
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Cute wedding pics
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2009, 09:05 AM   #24
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

Great pics, she looked gorgeous!