Gajdosova Engaged to Groth - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 13th, 2008, 08:29 PM   #1
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future
Gajdosova Engaged to Groth

Looks like Jarmila will be an Aussie sooner than we think!!!!
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 13th, 2008, 09:55 PM   #2
country flag Harvs

Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Gajdosova Engaged to Groth

does her getting married change anything nationality wise?

duno if thats a stupd question lol?
Harvs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 02:28 AM   #3
country flag Money Penny

Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice

OMG!
I can not believe this, its too good to be true. This is something straight out of a poor australian soap opera!!! Home and Away eat your heart out. Well i guess TA/AIS will be supporting a married couple. Then again the AIS is a part of the government,and i guess its a lot better than them being on welfare! Maybe jamila will soon apply for child welfare as well. Do you think the AIS will be able to organise the couple a "housing commision" home?
Money Penny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 02:34 AM   #4
country flag Money Penny

Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice

Maybe Groth should apply for a "disabilty pension". He must have a mental issue or be a bit slow! Because how the heck did he get himself into this jam! LOL!!!!!
Money Penny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 08:37 AM   #5
country flag slamman

slamman has disabled reputation

This is fairly "old news" , heard they have been engaged for several months now and most players know about it because I hear Jarka has not been shy in letting everyone know on facebook and in the locker rooms. Love is bliss moneypenny but yes it is pretty mindblowing when you consider there circumstances. He is like all of 20 years old ? and she is 21 and how short a time have they known each other ? and throw in where they both are right now with there pro careers! His just starting out with his career and she is trying to get her career back that has been in freefall for the last year so both are at a critical stage and your got to wonder is anyone at TA and close to them advising them ? I think TA must have really loved this as right now there supporting a 21 year girl in there program ranked 200 who is not yet an aussie citizen and throw this into the mix also.

Maybe the idea of getting a quick marriage might help solve her problem to get aussie citizenship ?

What a situation !
slamman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 01:44 PM   #6
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money Penny View Post
OMG!
I can not believe this, its too good to be true. This is something straight out of a poor australian soap opera!!! Home and Away eat your heart out. Well i guess TA/AIS will be supporting a married couple. Then again the AIS is a part of the government,and i guess its a lot better than them being on welfare! Maybe jamila will soon apply for child welfare as well. Do you think the AIS will be able to organise the couple a "housing commision" home?
Well if its Home and Away no doubt the wedding will be wrecked by
a) a cyclone
b) evil long-lost sister seeking revenge
c) AIS stalker
Who knows if they have a hidden agenda
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 05:58 AM   #7
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Or maybe they just are a perfect match and there is no hidden agenda and all will end well!!
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 07:13 PM   #8
country flag slamman

Personally I am not that interested in all this engagement stuff, who really cares sorry but I would rather discuss the game and what is happening. Great if she is happy and in love, happy for her and I understand the tour can be a very lonely and tough place and it can be comforting and really helpful to have someone there to support you

However in saying that I would think right now given her situation that her total focus and priority should be on her professional career because that is in freefall ! Given her talent and where she was 2 years ago she is seriously underachieving , she should be in the top 20 now yet is struggling to beat players 200+ ! The fact is she is not progressing the way she should be and actually is going backwards and that should be the real concern ...not an engagement , she is losing valuable time .

She is 21 and I hear he is 20 and look at the situation

To reach the top today you ahve to be totally focused and driven otherwise there is no chance. The game is just to tough and there is too much competition . Fine to just get by and be a middle of the road player content to make up the numbers but to get to that elite top level like the Ivanovic,s, Jankovic,s Sharapova,s, etc there is only one way and that is the players have to be 100% commited and desperation to succeed! That drive and commitment is reflected directly in the decisions and choices and priorities a player makes. Where are Jarka,s priorities right now is her career number 1 and how much does she have that burning desire and desperation to get to where she should be
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 10:11 AM   #9
country flag azza

azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamman View Post
Personally I am not that interested in all this engagement stuff, who really cares sorry but I would rather discuss the game and what is happening. Great if she is happy and in love, happy for her and I understand the tour can be a very lonely and tough place and it can be comforting and really helpful to have someone there to support you

However in saying that I would think right now given her situation that her total focus and priority should be on her professional career because that is in freefall ! Given her talent and where she was 2 years ago she is seriously underachieving , she should be in the top 20 now yet is struggling to beat players 200+ ! The fact is she is not progressing the way she should be and actually is going backwards and that should be the real concern ...not an engagement , she is losing valuable time .

To reach the top today you ahve to be totally focused and driven otherwise there is no chance. The game is just to tough and there is too much competition . Fine to just get by and be a middle of the road player content to make up the numbers but to get to that elite top level like the Ivanovic,s, Jankovic,s Sharapova,s, etc there is only one way and that is the players have to be 100% commited and desperation to succeed! That drive and commitment is reflected directly in the decisions and choices and priorities a player makes. Where are Jarka,s priorities right now is her career number 1 and how much does she have that burning desire and desperation to get to where she should be
lol @ this dribble
azza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 10:35 AM   #10
country flag slamman

Dribble ? thats the best you can comment reply with ? it does not show a lot of intelligence. This is a forum and what I said was a constructive well thought out view in reply to this subject regardless if you agree or not.
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 12:57 PM   #11
country flag Harvs

Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

i do... one of australias up-and-coming guys and one of our most talented females (even if shes in a huge slump)... im happy for them
Harvs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 03:59 PM   #12
country flag slamman

Re: Gajdosova facts !

Like I said its not personal at all , if being engaged makes her happy then fine thats not my business. My point was only tied in to her professional career and why she is struggling as much as she is

With all the help she has got from the AIS and backing I think serious questions should be asked since she been in there program she has gone dramatically backwards ! I am not blaming the program or AIS because she needs to ultimately be responsible but something is seriously not right and as "Harvs" put it she is in a HUGE slump. I do not see things changing either , there is zero evidence of any improvement with her game and in fact her game has declined greatly over the last year.

These are the FACTS - In her last 25 tournaments going all the way back to May last year in Prague , since then she has only ONE time been past the 2nd rd of any main draw of a tournament be it a challenger or WTA tourn.

That is a staggering statistic and for someone of her talent ! In the last year since she reached that quarter final in Prague she has lost 1st rd main draw of tournaments no fewer than 12 times ! lost 7 times in the qualifying ! won 1 lone $25k in Korea ! and lost 5 times in the 2nd rd of a main draw.

I believe personally her struggles are down to several key factors such as motivation, focus, commitment, scheduling, coaching, guidence , decision making. All these vital factors I believe are behind her situation with why she is where she is right now so things need to change fast if she really wants to turn her career around !
Old Jul 22nd, 2008, 03:07 AM   #13
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future
Re: Gajdosova facts !

Quote:
Like I said its not personal at all , if being engaged makes her happy then fine thats not my business. My point was only tied in to her professional career and why she is struggling as much as she is

With all the help she has got from the AIS and backing I think serious questions should be asked since she been in there program she has gone dramatically backwards ! I am not blaming the program or AIS because she needs to ultimately be responsible but something is seriously not right and as "Harvs" put it she is in a HUGE slump. I do not see things changing either , there is zero evidence of any improvement with her game and in fact her game has declined greatly over the last year.

These are the FACTS - In her last 25 tournaments going all the way back to May last year in Prague , since then she has only ONE time been past the 2nd rd of any main draw of a tournament be it a challenger or WTA tourn.

That is a staggering statistic and for someone of her talent ! In the last year since she reached that quarter final in Prague she has lost 1st rd main draw of tournaments no fewer than 12 times ! lost 7 times in the qualifying ! won 1 lone $25k in Korea ! and lost 5 times in the 2nd rd of a main draw.

I believe personally her struggles are down to several key factors such as motivation, focus, commitment, scheduling, coaching, guidence , decision making. All these vital factors I believe are behind her situation with why she is where she is right now so things need to change fast if she really wants to turn her career around !
She's been battling all year with injuries!!! Thats why she's not been able to perform week in and week out. Give her a break! She basically has no points to defend now for the rest of the year, so her ranking should only improve here on.

I'm afraid I agree with Azza. Her focus is on tennis, she wants as much help from Tennis Australia as possible, and she has had to waste a lot of time and energy trying to fight to represent Australia. You can't tell me the thought of marriage to help a person you love gain citizenship hadn't entered Sam's head before he proposed. I'm positive part of the reason for the 'early' engagement is to gain citizenship. Like with most tennis duos, they will be helping each other and I think you will see both their ranks continue to rise. Sam's certainly has recently but he has been injury free.
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2008, 12:55 PM   #14
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

If she got herself physically fit then her body would stand up to the rigours of the tour. She seems to be a never ending cycle atm of being out of shape - getting injured - and then staying out of shape and getting injured again.
Old Jul 23rd, 2008, 08:50 PM   #15
country flag slamman

Re: Gajdosova injurys ?

Agree totally with "louloubelle's" comments. There is a good reason why she is continually in the last year getting injured and its got little to do with just bad luck ! its more about not physically being where she has to be and also with her movement thats obvious to anyone who has watched her play this season.

She had 2 months out from tournaments in Feb and March I heard to focus on her fitness which was a result of being in such poor shape in Australia in the start of the year. Yet she is still physically struggling how is that ? all players get injurys and some can be unlucky but if its a regular occurance there is usually a very good reason for it. Either she just does not put in the serious hard yards or the way she trains is not right but there is a good reason for her struggles !

Some people can disagree or have there own opinion but the bottomline is results don't lie !