Russia @ Bejing Olympics: News, Results, Discussions... - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 22nd, 2008, 08:11 PM   #91
country flag Svetlana.

Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Russia @ Bejing Olympics: News, Results, Discussions...

Quote:
Знаете, кто первым поздравил после финиша наших новых чемпионок? Это сделала Татьяна Лебедева, несколькими минутами ранее в считаных метрах от финишной черты эстафеты выигравшая серебро по прыжкам в длину. И недоумевали китайские телевизионщики: вроде бы в эстафете участвуют четверо, а обнимаются пятеро девушек в одинаковой форме.
Svetlana. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 22nd, 2008, 08:56 PM   #92
country flag Svetlana.

Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute

she's so cute

Old Aug 23rd, 2008, 03:12 AM   #93
country flag Svetlana.

they were so close of reaching the final

Old Aug 23rd, 2008, 09:41 AM   #94
pav

pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute

Very impressed with Maria Abakumova in the javelin what an athlete! I thought she had the gold sewn up!
Old Aug 23rd, 2008, 04:59 PM   #95
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bероника View Post

That is a truly great gold medal for Russia. Congratulations to the Russian 4 x 100 women's relay gold medalists. Russia was a medal contender even if the United States and Jamacia did not implode with the baton handoffs. Their excellent teamwork consistently helps them compete against the fastest relay teams in the world.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg

Last edited by the cat : Aug 23rd, 2008 at 05:49 PM.
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2008, 05:57 PM   #96
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bероника View Post

Congratulations to Yelena Isinbaeva on winning her second straight Olympic women's pole vault gold medal and on cementing her reputation as the greatest women's pole vaulter of all time. Yelena is also one of the most beautiful and classiest athletes in the world as well. And well done to Svetlana Feofanova on winning her second consecutive Olympic women's pole vault bronze medal in a row. Svetlana has done so well in pole vault especially considering her average size.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

Last edited by the cat : Aug 23rd, 2008 at 06:33 PM.
Old Aug 23rd, 2008, 06:30 PM   #97
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute

Russia's Kanaeva wins rhythmic gold

By Sonia Oxley
BEIJING (Reuters) - Russia's Evgeniya Kanaeva easily outclassed her rivals with routines oozing grace and charm to win the Olympic rhythmic gymnastics all-around gold on Saturday.
Picking up the top scores on all four apparatus -- hoop, ribbon, rope and clubs -- the European champion notched a total of 75.500 points, a comfortable 3.575 more than Inna Zhukova of Belarus.
Ukraine's world champion Anna Bessonova took bronze, matching her 2004 Athens achievement. She edged out Russia's 2005 world champion Olga Kapranova, whose botched clubs routine cost her dearly.
"I was extremely happy, I was very glad for myself for my coach and all the crowd," a smiling Kanaeva told a news conference. "I'm just someone who loves the performance, I love performing in front of the crowd."
Bessonova had faced anxious times after her club routine, looking distraught at her score before judges increased her total by 0.050 points after a 10-minute deliberation.
"It was a pity but then I realised I had been given another chance and I gave the best I could," Bessonova said.
The score revision drew her level on points with Kapranova with one apparatus to perform.
The Russian held third place because of a tiebreak rule despite dropping her club and losing balance during her third routine.

Bessonova's flawless ribbon routine scored higher than Kapranova's and the Russian was left disappointed and hurried out of the arena without speaking to reporters.
Kanaeva was the third successive Russian to win the title after Alina Kabaeva in 2004 and Yulia Barsukova in 2000 in a discipline traditionally dominated by former Soviet states.
Russia, whose female artistic gymnasts drew a blank for the first time at an Olympics, have the chance of another medal on Sunday when they are favourites for the group title.

Old Aug 23rd, 2008, 07:36 PM   #98
the cat

Well done to Evgenia Kanaeva on winning gold in rythmic gymnastics. And by the way her last name with the exception of one letter is spelled the same as Kabaeva. But it's shame Olga Kapranova let a rythmic gymnastcs medal slip away from her.

Old Aug 23rd, 2008, 07:52 PM   #99
country flag Svetlana.

I was very impressed with the routine our synchronized swimming team presented yesterday

Old Aug 23rd, 2008, 07:54 PM   #100
country flag Svetlana.

a sweet note from Elena Dementieva

Old Aug 23rd, 2008, 10:34 PM   #101
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe the Olympics end on Sunday. It's incredible, the great athletes in hundreds of different sports.
Of course, the US Open starts Monday, so it's a smooth transition.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2008, 03:22 AM   #102
the cat

Why is Yelena Isinbaeva's gold medal so different than Evgenia Kanaeva's gold medal?

Russia had a great Olympics in relays. The Russian women won the 4 x 100 relay gold medal. And the Russian women nearly won gold in the 4 x 400 relay but couldn't quite finsih off the American team. Sanya Richards saved the day for the Americans with an amazing final leg of the race. And the Russian men did well and won bronze medals in the 4 x 400 relay.

Old Aug 24th, 2008, 03:34 AM   #103
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't watch almost any of Olympics ( save for tennis ) , but I knew Russian result from the very beginning. The greatest genius of Russian sport made his prediction long time ago..

http://news.sport-express.ru/online/.../nl250508.html

I don't think he is going to be far off..

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2008, 03:46 AM   #104
the cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ys View Post
Didn't watch almost any of Olympics ( save for tennis ) , but I knew Russian result from the very beginning. The greatest genius of Russian sport made his prediction long time ago..

http://news.sport-express.ru/online/.../nl250508.html

I don't think he is going to be far off..
What did he say?

Old Aug 24th, 2008, 05:31 AM   #105
country flag Svetlana.